Eating disorder / obsessive exercise help thread

  1. Eating disorder / obsessive exercise help thread


    As a recovered anorexic and established, active member of this forum, I am sometimes saddened at the lack visible of resources for those who may themselves be suffering disordered eating or exercise, or members who may suspect a family member is struggling with these horrible illnesses and their variations.

    I would thus like to establish this thread, in which I will do my best to listen to the stories and concerns of members and offer my best advice. I am not a doctor. I have been through it and successfully recovered though, something no doctor who ever tried to help me could say!

    So- without wasting any more time- please post here if you feel you or someone you know may be struggling and in need of help!
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com


  2. this is awsome man! i too went through the same thing and am paying for it big time now, being on trt hopefully not, but maybe for the rest of my life :-( my fertility is effected and will l have a huge impact on my future, if there is anyone out there struggling with overexercise/disordered eating or anything in between PLEASE post in here and let us help you, it is not worth it trust me!!!!! its totally mental!!!!

  3. it is not something that happens overnight and it is not something you can recover from overnight, is till struggle with certain thoughts, but with the right support you can do it!!! and we are here to help!
    •   
       


  4. Good idea cheda, i'll definitely be popping my head in here.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    it is not something that happens overnight and it is not something you can recover from overnight, is till struggle with certain thoughts, but with the right support you can do it!!! and we are here to help!
    Definitely. It's a process to start thinking and living that way and it's a process to reverse it. But the sooner one is willing to stop whatever behaviors are hurting them, the sooner they will realize what they are doing to themselves and loved ones. I still don't know how or why i was able to recover and accept food again... I may Never know, in just glad to be able to live a normal happy and mostly healthy life now

    The hardest part for me was realizing I had a problem- I thought I knew it all, I thought I was ok. I slowly sarted realizing I might have an issue and begged my Friendsand family to tell it to me straight... When they were brutally honest, it helped me realize I may not be ok. When I enedes up in ICU at 94 pounds with a body temp of 88, a pulse of 14-19 bpm, a blood glucose of 18, and a non measurable blood pressure... The doctor asked me if I wanted to live or die.... I chose to live.
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Good idea cheda, i'll definitely be popping my head in here.
    Thanks for coming by!
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    Definitely. It's a process to start thinking and living that way and it's a process to reverse it. But the sooner one is willing to stop whatever behaviors are hurting them, the sooner they will realize what they are doing to themselves and loved ones. I still don't know how or why i was able to recover and accept food again... I may Never know, in just glad to be able to live a normal happy and mostly healthy life now

    The hardest part for me was realizing I had a problem- I thought I knew it all, I thought I was ok. I slowly sarted realizing I might have an issue and begged my Friendsand family to tell it to me straight... When they were brutally honest, it helped me realize I may not be ok. When I enedes up in ICU at 94 pounds with a body temp of 88, a pulse of 14-19 bpm, a blood glucose of 18, and a non measurable blood pressure... The doctor asked me if I wanted to live or die.... I chose to live.
    Been exactly where you were myself-but oddly my pulse was racing!
    This thread is a great idea-whether you know it or not, you are doing God's work here man.
    Keep paying it forward.
    You (and I) are not qualified to diagnose and treat over this forum, but sharing your experience is therapeutic in itself.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    Definitely. It's a process to start thinking and living that way and it's a process to reverse it. But the sooner one is willing to stop whatever behaviors are hurting them, the sooner they will realize what they are doing to themselves and loved ones. I still don't know how or why i was able to recover and accept food again... I may Never know, in just glad to be able to live a normal happy and mostly healthy life now

    The hardest part for me was realizing I had a problem- I thought I knew it all, I thought I was ok. I slowly sarted realizing I might have an issue and begged my Friendsand family to tell it to me straight... When they were brutally honest, it helped me realize I may not be ok. When I enedes up in ICU at 94 pounds with a body temp of 88, a pulse of 14-19 bpm, a blood glucose of 18, and a non measurable blood pressure... The doctor asked me if I wanted to live or die.... I chose to live.
    Scariest part for me came when I was asked the same question (in the ICU for pneumonia) and I realized that even though I chose life, it might be too late. Thank God that was more than ten years ago.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Definitely. It's a process to start thinking and living that way and it's a process to reverse it. But the sooner one is willing to stop whatever behaviors are hurting them, the sooner they will realize what they are doing to themselves and loved ones. I still don't know how or why i was able to recover and accept food again... I may Never know, in just glad to be able to live a normal happy and mostly healthy life now

    The hardest part for me was realizing I had a problem- I thought I knew it all, I thought I was ok. I slowly sarted realizing I might have an issue and begged my Friendsand family to tell it to me straight... When they were brutally honest, it helped me realize I may not be ok. When I enedes up in ICU at 94 pounds with a body temp of 88, a pulse of 14-19 bpm, a blood glucose of 18, and a non measurable blood pressure... The doctor asked me if I wanted to live or die.... I chose to live.
    almomst exact same thing here man, i still struggle with over exercise at times but u have to think about what you really want in life..........being like that takes hold of your life, u are some invlilved in it that u know nothing else, u have to live life!!!!!! I really hope this thread helps alot of people!

  10. yea liek i said my body like shut down, hopefully its not too alte to get natural T production but as of right now im on trt and have been for a while now, i jsut pray i can have kids some day

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    yea liek i said my body like shut down, hopefully its not too alte to get natural T production but as of right now im on trt and have been for a while now, i jsut pray i can have kids some day
    Ditto

    Bump
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com

  12. Nice to see this thread and guys being open and honest. Usually society associates these issues w women so this is great to read.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by GIJane1928 View Post
    Nice to see this thread and guys being open and honest. Usually society associates these issues w women so this is great to read.
    Thanks for your Input. I agree- not many r aware of the effects these disorders have on the male community
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com

  14. totally agree...............no shame in admitting.....im not afraid of someones opinion, i am who i am!

  15. Bump
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com

  16. yea bumpppppp gotta be some more out there

  17. good thread

  18. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    good thread
    Solid bump
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Solid bump
    o cap didnt even check. i just saw it on the first page so figured it was recent. not many threads get started here

  20. Amazing thread! Everyday is a battle and people look at you like you're crazy! Every sec of the day I think about food! I was so horrible for a long time, binging and purging! My sister would yell at me and say, "it's all in your freaken head!" Anyways, I'm better now and although it sucks to say it, I'm glad someone understands!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  21. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    o cap didnt even check. i just saw it on the first page so figured it was recent. not many threads get started here
    No it is recent. Only a week or two old!
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    www.olympus-labs.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 'Any kind of exercise' helps diabetes
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:40 PM
  2. Eating Disorder
    By IronMarc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
  3. Feeling Very Strange eating in the mornings? HELP!
    By 2fresh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
  4. Dr. discovers exercise helps with weight loss
    By julius kelp in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 02:17 PM
  5. Eating Disorders
    By CDB in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Log in
Log in