Eating disorder / obsessive exercise help thread

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a recovered anorexic and established, active member of this forum, I am sometimes saddened at the lack visible of resources for those who may themselves be suffering disordered eating or exercise, or members who may suspect a family member is struggling with these horrible illnesses and their variations.

I would thus like to establish this thread, in which I will do my best to listen to the stories and concerns of members and offer my best advice. I am not a doctor. I have been through it and successfully recovered though, something no doctor who ever tried to help me could say!

So- without wasting any more time- please post here if you feel you or someone you know may be struggling and in need of help!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is awsome man! i too went through the same thing and am paying for it big time now, being on trt hopefully not, but maybe for the rest of my life :-( my fertility is effected and will l have a huge impact on my future, if there is anyone out there struggling with overexercise/disordered eating or anything in between PLEASE post in here and let us help you, it is not worth it trust me!!!!! its totally mental!!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it is not something that happens overnight and it is not something you can recover from overnight, is till struggle with certain thoughts, but with the right support you can do it!!! and we are here to help!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good idea cheda, i'll definitely be popping my head in here.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it is not something that happens overnight and it is not something you can recover from overnight, is till struggle with certain thoughts, but with the right support you can do it!!! and we are here to help!
Definitely. It's a process to start thinking and living that way and it's a process to reverse it. But the sooner one is willing to stop whatever behaviors are hurting them, the sooner they will realize what they are doing to themselves and loved ones. I still don't know how or why i was able to recover and accept food again... I may Never know, in just glad to be able to live a normal happy and mostly healthy life now

The hardest part for me was realizing I had a problem- I thought I knew it all, I thought I was ok. I slowly sarted realizing I might have an issue and begged my Friendsand family to tell it to me straight... When they were brutally honest, it helped me realize I may not be ok. When I enedes up in ICU at 94 pounds with a body temp of 88, a pulse of 14-19 bpm, a blood glucose of 18, and a non measurable blood pressure... The doctor asked me if I wanted to live or die.... I chose to live.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Definitely. It's a process to start thinking and living that way and it's a process to reverse it. But the sooner one is willing to stop whatever behaviors are hurting them, the sooner they will realize what they are doing to themselves and loved ones. I still don't know how or why i was able to recover and accept food again... I may Never know, in just glad to be able to live a normal happy and mostly healthy life now

The hardest part for me was realizing I had a problem- I thought I knew it all, I thought I was ok. I slowly sarted realizing I might have an issue and begged my Friendsand family to tell it to me straight... When they were brutally honest, it helped me realize I may not be ok. When I enedes up in ICU at 94 pounds with a body temp of 88, a pulse of 14-19 bpm, a blood glucose of 18, and a non measurable blood pressure... The doctor asked me if I wanted to live or die.... I chose to live.
Been exactly where you were myself-but oddly my pulse was racing!
This thread is a great idea-whether you know it or not, you are doing God's work here man.
Keep paying it forward.
You (and I) are not qualified to diagnose and treat over this forum, but sharing your experience is therapeutic in itself.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established

Scariest part for me came when I was asked the same question (in the ICU for pneumonia) and I realized that even though I chose life, it might be too late. Thank God that was more than ten years ago.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

almomst exact same thing here man, i still struggle with over exercise at times but u have to think about what you really want in life..........being like that takes hold of your life, u are some invlilved in it that u know nothing else, u have to live life!!!!!! I really hope this thread helps alot of people!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea liek i said my body like shut down, hopefully its not too alte to get natural T production but as of right now im on trt and have been for a while now, i jsut pray i can have kids some day

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea liek i said my body like shut down, hopefully its not too alte to get natural T production but as of right now im on trt and have been for a while now, i jsut pray i can have kids some day
Ditto

Bump

GIJane1928

Awards
Nice to see this thread and guys being open and honest. Usually society associates these issues w women so this is great to read.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice to see this thread and guys being open and honest. Usually society associates these issues w women so this is great to read.
Thanks for your Input. I agree- not many r aware of the effects these disorders have on the male community

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
totally agree...............no shame in admitting.....im not afraid of someones opinion, i am who i am!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
good thread

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amazing thread! Everyday is a battle and people look at you like you're crazy! Every sec of the day I think about food! I was so horrible for a long time, binging and purging! My sister would yell at me and say, "it's all in your freaken head!" Anyways, I'm better now and although it sucks to say it, I'm glad someone understands! :)