Meal Plan for work (No Microwave)

LeanMaShane

LeanMaShane

Awards
I have a meal plan but it consists of me heating up my food. In my line of work I'm always working outside and don't have access to a microwave. Is there any good meal plans I can eat where I don't need to heat it up? I'm dieting for a Physique competition in May.
Thanks!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I roof over the summer, I pack a lunchbox. A pretty big turkey/cheese/lettuce sandwhich on ezekiel bread, a chicken breast in tupperwear, an apple, a scoop of protein powder in water with my creatine in it, a serving of almonds/peanuts/sometimes both. Maybe something like that will work for you.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
sandwhiches, fruit, beef jerkey ect..

LeanMaShane

LeanMaShane

Awards
yeah.. but cold chicken breast weekly would be gross lol and cold tilapia? no way idk what else there is, seems like I need to heat up all the good food

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
How long is your shift.. You could pack it all hot in a very good insulated cooler.. If yu wanna go extreme bring a hot platein your car

LeanMaShane

LeanMaShane

Awards
How long is your shift.. You could pack it all hot in a very good insulated cooler.. If yu wanna go extreme bring a hot platein your car
Work starts at 8am and gets done around 430 or 5pm everyday.

turff49

turff49

Awards
If you look at it as just "feeding the muscles" then cold chicken breast is ok. Canned chicken and tuna. Take a can of pineapple and put a slice on the chicken breast. I never heat my lunch and I work outside all the time. Makes me enjoy dinner more with the wife also.

LeanMaShane

LeanMaShane

Awards
If you look at it as just "feeding the muscles" then cold chicken breast is ok. Canned chicken and tuna. Take a can of pineapple and put a slice on the chicken breast. I never heat my lunch and I work outside all the time. Makes me enjoy dinner more with the wife also.
lol! very true.. okay yeah I'll have to try that!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gotta find what you enjoy cold...or at least can handle, i'm fine with cold chicken but getting into cold rice is gross to me

if u can make lean ground turkey balls like a meatball, they rn't too bad cold

also love some greek yogurt mixed with some protein powder as a snack which should be cold...if u can find enough calories and fits ur macro into stuff thats supposed to be eaten naturally cold or at room temp then that would be the best way to go

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good idea gotti, ill have to remember about the greek yogurt for this summer. I always eat it, just never thought of taking it to work for lunch for some reason.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good idea gotti, ill have to remember about the greek yogurt for this summer. I always eat it, just never thought of taking it to work for lunch for some reason.
it's become an everyday thing for me....i get plain greek yogurt like a cup a day, then add in about half scoop of protein powder, depending on ur needs u can add in more or less.....mix it up refrigerate it overnight then the next day it's almost like a pudding of whatever flavor ur protein powder is....it's almost like a snack but still packs almost 30g's of protein

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yah I know I've made it with protein before. I usually just do 1 scoop prot with 1 cup greek yogurt. its closer to 50 g for me.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yah I know I've made it with protein before. I usually just do 1 scoop prot with 1 cup greek yogurt. its closer to 50 g for me. Sometimes I throw in some almonds, black walnuts, or peanuts with it.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
sandwiches...easy to control calorie amounts, portion size and macro ratios...throw in some "ready to mix" dry protein powder you can throw into a plastic water bottle and there you go.