Input to get down to 14% BF

keano12

keano12

Awards
I am 43 yo at 16.5% - 182. On a 6 week cycle var. I have my calorie intake at 1600. Protein at 175. Trying to reduce BF to 14%. Eating egg whites in the morning and turkey breast. Protein drink 51 grams alone in that. More turkey breast. Almonds. Lots of water. Chix breast broccoli. Sweet potato. Main foods I eat. I allow myself a glass of wine a week.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Are you only taking in carbs once a day? Also what does your training look like as well as cardio?

keano12

keano12

Awards
Carb wise I'll have sweet potato at dinner. Or handful of almonds. High fiber muffin. I do grab a piece of chocolate here or there LOL.

Gym 3 days a week. Cardio none. I have a prosthetic and it slips of with sweat but I found a non sweat roll on I'm trying. I would prefer to do cardio no more then 2X week. Diet I can manage well.

murk01

murk01

Awards
cut carbs below 40g a day. do keto, ull drop a few points quick. keto works really fast. as far as supps. i did a log with Natural EFX , it worked really well. exp if u dont like stimd. or run with a stim fat burnner. ull hit ur goal @4 weeks

keano12

keano12

Awards
40 grams carb only. Really? Ok. What is keto? How high would you run protein and is my calorie intake 1600 ok? Wouldn't this create an issue getting backed up going to the toilet?

When I hit 14% how would I maintain. You wouldn't keep that diet I'm guessing.

keano12

keano12

Awards
Keto ok nm I looked it up. Metabolism.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
just have to drop cals further to keep losing weight

murk01

murk01

Awards
I am 43 yo at 16.5% - 182. On a 6 week cycle var. I have my calorie intake at 1600. Protein at 175. Trying to reduce BF to 14%. Eating egg whites in the morning and turkey breast. Protein drink 51 grams alone in that. More turkey breast. Almonds. Lots of water. Chix breast broccoli. Sweet potato. Main foods I eat. I allow myself a glass of wine a week.
ur cals are extremely low. u will lose alot of weight like that. this includes muscle.
u should do 2000cals, about 240g protien, less then 50g carbs( including dietary) , about 120g fat.

keto diet is simular to aktins. has nothing to do with ketone supps.

last year and this yr i have done it for quick cut. usually drop 15lb real quick. and knock my bf% down a few notchs.

its very mantainable. i have a harder time stablizing my weight and usualy continue droping even after keto.

if u dont want to cut carbs. look into intermited fasting. also very good.

u will drop a lot of weight eating at such low cals (1600). but u may not see ur bf dropping as fast.

but thats just what works with me,

keano12

keano12

Awards
That's the thing I'm not really dropping. Your saying lowering carbs and upping calories would work. Key is the carbs. Here is yesterday's food breakdown.

image-2844450931.jpg

image-4292358330.jpg

image-2276218664.jpg

image-813642409.jpg

murk01

murk01

Awards
this is when i was doing keto. ur carbs should be all or mostly dietary fiber. or ull have probs doing #2.
2-4week tight keto makes a huge diff. u have to take a day every two weeks to carb load.

ForumRunner_20130207_124914.png

ForumRunner_20130207_124931.png

keano12

keano12

Awards
And that was 2000 calories? I can hit the protein goal. So by limiting the carbs more so I should see changes because right now... not much is happening. Small changes. I would probably add fiber for roughage.

murk01

murk01

Awards
yeh.. it works pretty good. u used grounded flax seed for fiber. its cheap and u can put it on anything.

after a day or two ull start getting head aches. its normal. no reason you cant get rid of those few points bf.

try if for a week or two. ill stay subbed to this thread , keep me updated

----- i was at 2500cal.

dont realy go more then 500cal below mantainance. ull increase stress hormones and ur bod will store fat

keano12

keano12

Awards
Ok I'll buy the flax seeds. I'll shoot for 40grams of carbs. Raise my calories to 1800 for more fat?