Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyone got any good ideas for a shake for someone following a paleo diet? Mainly I just need to add some carbs aside from bananas and milk.

My shake currently is: 2 Bananas, 400ml Lactose free milk, 2 tblspns coconut oil, 2 tblspns olive oil, and 2 scoops protein powder.

Any ideas?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone got any good ideas for a shake for someone following a paleo diet? Mainly I just need to add some carbs aside from bananas and milk.

My shake currently is: 2 Bananas, 400ml Lactose free milk, 2 tblspns coconut oil, 2 tblspns olive oil, and 2 scoops protein powder.

Any ideas?
Carbs? Drop some honey in there bud. I'll let you know if I come up with others. Carbs are all grains my man! What about a sweet potato powder? Paleo for athletes can rock potatoes.

Milk? I thought you couldn't do dairy on Paleo?

- Valdez

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you limiting fructose? Why not just use fruit for shakes and starchy carbs with meals. I assume your drinking 1-2 shakes a day? Even at 3 shakes throw a cup of strawberries or blueberries in with a banana and when you get time to get whole foods eat potatoes or if your far from carb goals white rice is a solid option and pretty carb dense.

A favor shake of mine is blueberries, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, pineapple chunks and coconut milk. Its amazing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go to my profile and click on the see the threads started by me. I did a Zone meal recipe log awhile back and had a shake recipe in there. It's zone and not really paleo, but I have a feeling it should fit the bill.

I'd link you but it's a little hard from my phone. I think Judo there did a paleo recipe log for awhile if I remember correctly. Don't know if he covered shakes though.

Been meaning to start that log back up. Perhaps when I get home from deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Carbs? Drop some honey in there bud. I'll let you know if I come up with others. Carbs are all grains my man! What about a sweet potato powder? Paleo for athletes can rock potatoes.

Milk? I thought you couldn't do dairy on Paleo?

- Valdez
Yeah not supposed to do milk, but dropping it would kill me. So i'm doing a bastardized version until I can afford to really cut it down. I like the honey idea so i'll add that in. Awesome.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Are you limiting fructose? Why not just use fruit for shakes and starchy carbs with meals. I assume your drinking 1-2 shakes a day? Even at 3 shakes throw a cup of strawberries or blueberries in with a banana and when you get time to get whole foods eat potatoes or if your far from carb goals white rice is a solid option and pretty carb dense.

A favor shake of mine is blueberries, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, pineapple chunks and coconut milk. Its amazing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
I just drink 1 shake a day to fill in the gaps- or 2 if i'm overly active. Without a shake I sit at 2700kcals (all through loads of meat, rice, potatos etc.) and need to bump it up to 3300. I don't tend to limit fructose so i'll try out that shake; sounds awesome.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Go to my profile and click on the see the threads started by me. I did a Zone meal recipe log awhile back and had a shake recipe in there. It's zone and not really paleo, but I have a feeling it should fit the bill.

I'd link you but it's a little hard from my phone. I think Judo there did a paleo recipe log for awhile if I remember correctly. Don't know if he covered shakes though.

Been meaning to start that log back up. Perhaps when I get home from deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Found some good ideas; def going to add these in! Thanks.