Paleo Shakes

  1. Paleo Shakes


    Anyone got any good ideas for a shake for someone following a paleo diet? Mainly I just need to add some carbs aside from bananas and milk.

    My shake currently is: 2 Bananas, 400ml Lactose free milk, 2 tblspns coconut oil, 2 tblspns olive oil, and 2 scoops protein powder.

    Any ideas?

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Re: Paleo Shakes


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Anyone got any good ideas for a shake for someone following a paleo diet? Mainly I just need to add some carbs aside from bananas and milk.

    My shake currently is: 2 Bananas, 400ml Lactose free milk, 2 tblspns coconut oil, 2 tblspns olive oil, and 2 scoops protein powder.

    Any ideas?
    Carbs? Drop some honey in there bud. I'll let you know if I come up with others. Carbs are all grains my man! What about a sweet potato powder? Paleo for athletes can rock potatoes.

    Milk? I thought you couldn't do dairy on Paleo?

    - Valdez
  3. Re: Paleo Shakes


    Are you limiting fructose? Why not just use fruit for shakes and starchy carbs with meals. I assume your drinking 1-2 shakes a day? Even at 3 shakes throw a cup of strawberries or blueberries in with a banana and when you get time to get whole foods eat potatoes or if your far from carb goals white rice is a solid option and pretty carb dense.

    A favor shake of mine is blueberries, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, pineapple chunks and coconut milk. Its amazing!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   
       


  4. Go to my profile and click on the see the threads started by me. I did a Zone meal recipe log awhile back and had a shake recipe in there. It's zone and not really paleo, but I have a feeling it should fit the bill.

    I'd link you but it's a little hard from my phone. I think Judo there did a paleo recipe log for awhile if I remember correctly. Don't know if he covered shakes though.

    Been meaning to start that log back up. Perhaps when I get home from deployment.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  5. Here are some Paleo protein powders...

    http://www.truenutrition.com/c-206-p...n-powders.aspx

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Carbs? Drop some honey in there bud. I'll let you know if I come up with others. Carbs are all grains my man! What about a sweet potato powder? Paleo for athletes can rock potatoes.

    Milk? I thought you couldn't do dairy on Paleo?

    - Valdez
    Yeah not supposed to do milk, but dropping it would kill me. So i'm doing a bastardized version until I can afford to really cut it down. I like the honey idea so i'll add that in. Awesome.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Are you limiting fructose? Why not just use fruit for shakes and starchy carbs with meals. I assume your drinking 1-2 shakes a day? Even at 3 shakes throw a cup of strawberries or blueberries in with a banana and when you get time to get whole foods eat potatoes or if your far from carb goals white rice is a solid option and pretty carb dense.

    A favor shake of mine is blueberries, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, pineapple chunks and coconut milk. Its amazing!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    I just drink 1 shake a day to fill in the gaps- or 2 if i'm overly active. Without a shake I sit at 2700kcals (all through loads of meat, rice, potatos etc.) and need to bump it up to 3300. I don't tend to limit fructose so i'll try out that shake; sounds awesome.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Go to my profile and click on the see the threads started by me. I did a Zone meal recipe log awhile back and had a shake recipe in there. It's zone and not really paleo, but I have a feeling it should fit the bill.

    I'd link you but it's a little hard from my phone. I think Judo there did a paleo recipe log for awhile if I remember correctly. Don't know if he covered shakes though.

    Been meaning to start that log back up. Perhaps when I get home from deployment.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Found some good ideas; def going to add these in! Thanks.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Easy Mass Gain Shake
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 06:06 AM
  2. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
  3. whats your favorite protien shake?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:21 PM
  4. Homebrew Meal Replacement Shake
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 12:33 PM
  5. A MRP Shake that is very good!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Log in
Log in