Carbs vs calories?

SlyCamaro

Awards
Hey guys, looking to cut some fat! I want to maintain as much muscle as possible and I am wondering if running low carbs but eating around 2500 cals a day would work, or should I cut cals down more to say 2100-2200 and keeps carbs around 200-300 max like I try to do on my avg day now? My maintenance is around 2700 right now. Confused on how to get any leaner then I am now, I freak out and feel like I am shrinking when the scale goes down!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
that would be trial and error, do both? allow your deficiency to be carbs. tdee is also trial and error, my tdee is around 2800 but i seem to gain some fat at 2600

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, looking to cut some fat! I want to maintain as much muscle as possible and I am wondering if running low carbs but eating around 2500 cals a day would work, or should I cut cals down more to say 2100-2200 and keeps carbs around 200-300 max like I try to do on my avg day now? My maintenance is around 2700 right now. Confused on how to get any leaner then I am now, I freak out and feel like I am shrinking when the scale goes down!
Dont use a scale.. Mirror>scale

SlyCamaro

Awards
Thanks, I ya I need to stay off the scale! Gonna stay low carb but not crazy low.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Change it up daily and see how you feel and the changes you notice.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Change it up daily and see how you feel and the changes you notice.
to each is their own however it takes longer than a day to determine if the current method is working or not. finding a personal niche takes a little time and trial and error.

SlyCamaro

Awards
to each is their own however it takes longer than a day to determine if the current method is working or not. finding a personal niche takes a little time and trial and error.

Ya I agree, yesterday I had about 2300 cals and just a hint over a 100g carbs. I steped up my water and salt intake, gonna see how this plays out.