Diet Check Please

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
I'm 33yrs old, 6' tall, and 217 pounds around 14% BF. I'm mostly sedentary as I sit at a desk most of the day. I workout 5 days a week and add HIIT cardio post workout 3 days a week for 15 minutes.

Looking to lean bulk for the next few months. Here is my typical weekly diet plan, please critique and let me know how I can improve.

Breakfast:
1/2 cup oats
3 whole eggs and 2 cups egg whites

Snack:
1 serving honey roasted almonds

Lunch:
Grilled chicken salad with vegetables.

Snack:
Fruit platter, usually oranges, grapes, melons, and strawberries

Pre-workout:
2 grilled chicken breasts
1 cup oats

Post-workout:
1 scoop whey
1 banana

Dinner:
1/2 cup brown rice
chicken or beef

Snack:
2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter

Pre-bed:
Greek yogurt.

Thanks everyone

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
It actually looks really good. What's that add up to for calories though? Also, don't fear vegetables

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
do you know how to calculate your TDEE?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Change dinner to be solely beef; you need a high iron source in there + some saturated fats. Plug in your food plan into Myfitness pal or something and see what micronutrients you are low on; my guess would be calcium and iron.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I'm around 2300 calories a day, and definitely low on calcium and Iron. Thanks for the tips.. On week 3 of Trenavar/Stano 90mg/1000mg, and up 5 lean pounds. Going to continue adding calories slowly to take advantage of the awesome recomp effect I'm seeing so far with Trenavar.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
At 6' and 217lbs there's no way your bulking on 2300 cals at your activity level. Like hva said, take a look at your TDEE. I'd almost guarantee your losing weight.

It's a clean diet but you have to really increase cals IMO

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
In coming off a long cut, from under 2k calories. With the increase in calories, and tvar I'm up 5 pounds in 3 weeks. Like I said, increasing calories slowly. Best approach after a long cut.