Weird peanut butter question

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so you know when the oil is separated at the top?

Anyone ever just pour it out and weigh it instead of mix it and calculate how much fat you removed from the jar?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Anyone ever just pour it out and weigh it instead of mix it and calculate how much fat you removed from the jar?
Interesting...I wonder that about ground beef as well when I cook it and drain the fat/oil

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

is your goal to remove the fat from pb?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting...I wonder that about ground beef as well when I cook it and drain the fat/oil
Yea I try and calculate that to but a lot of it is water ad some fat so you never really know I just choose the leanest meats and cheese I can so I can eat the good fats and more food overall

67nova

Awards
Count it like olive oil(120cals tbs)take however many tbs out then add servings(2tbs x say 12serv)then subtract oil cals from total servings.Seems right to me?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Count it like olive oil(120cals tbs)take however many tbs out then add servings(2tbs x say 12serv)then subtract oil cals from total servings.Seems right to me?
That's what I was going to do I was just wondering if people have done that

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the snuckers with 11 servings

Poured out the oil (3tablespoon 42g fat)

12 g fat per serving so we lost 4g fat per serving

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
You are supposed to stir it in and eat up. Fat isn't bad.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are supposed to stir it in and eat up. Fat isn't bad.
I never stir I just turn it upside down and self mixes.
Never said fat was bad.

I think you Mis understood where I'm coming from. If I can remove 40g fat from the jar then my workout days I can eat more of it without the calories since I'm a pb fanatic. I can easily eat a jar a day

176g fat vs 134 g fat means I can eat more of other food to and still hit my marks

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I never stir I just turn it upside down and self mixes.
Never said fat was bad.

I think you Mis understood where I'm coming from. If I can remove 40g fat from the jar then my workout days I can eat more of it without the calories since I'm a pb fanatic. I can easily eat a jar a day

176g fat vs 134 g fat means I can eat more of other food to and still hit my marks
Thats exactly why i dont buy pb anymore.. No self control with that ish in my cabinet

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I could eat buckets of peanut butter. But if you remove all the oil, isn't it pretty dry? I mean I guess I see your point of eating more with less calories but you take out so much of the flavor and satiety-inducing effects when you remove the fat. Plus, peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes, high in n6 and insulin triggering when eaten if they contain added sugar (most do). Plus unless they are fresh ground, most contain soybean and or granola oil which is cheap filler inflammatory garbage.
I have mostly transitioned to almond butter, as almonds are much less inflammatory since they are nuts (not legumes). When I do eat peanut butter, its fresh ground with 1 ingredient: peanuts

EDITED......

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could eat buckets of peanut butter. But if you remove all the oil, isn't it pretty dry? I mean I guess I see your point of eating more with less calories but you take out so much of the flavor and satiety-inducing effects when you remove the fat. Plus, peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes, high in n6 and insulin triggering when eaten.
I have mostly transitioned to almond butter, as almonds are much less inflammatory since they are nuts (not legumes)
I'm well aware they are legumes. But your not removing all the fat. It's just what's in the top which ended up being 4g per serving

Unfortunately you can't just pour the oil off any nut butter product.

I found you can only do it wit smuckers all natural

I use sunflower and almond butter but pb is still in doet

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Yea simply so I can literally just eat a jar a day bc I love pb lol

And I do not like pb2. Yuk
Haha! I know a lot of people who pour the fat off. But if you have ever been lucky enough to have freshly ground peanut butter from the market, you will notice that it doesnt separate and no oil forms on the top, however the fat content remains the same.
My guess is that is extra oil at the top of the jar so you can easily mix it together,because without it, the pb turns into cement and since you have to refrigerate it, good luck in spreading that on anything!
Just keep in mind as well...if its the fat you are trying to avoid...keep your daily total in moderation since pb is mostly saturated fats and it wont do you any good sucking down a jar of it! Also, since peanuts are technically legumes which is considered a starch, you are adding to the carbohydrates in your macros as well as the fats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Try Power Butter. It has added flax seeds and egg whites. Fkn Boss

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! I know a lot of people who pour the fat off. But if you have ever been lucky enough to have freshly ground peanut butter from the market, you will notice that it doesnt separate and no oil forms on the top, however the fat content remains the same.
My guess is that is extra oil at the top of the jar so you can easily mix it together,because without it, the pb turns into cement and since you have to refrigerate it, good luck in spreading that on anything!
Just keep in mind as well...if its the fat you are trying to avoid...keep your daily total in moderation since pb is mostly saturated fats and it wont do you any good sucking down a jar of it! Also, since peanuts are technically legumes which is considered a starch, you are adding to the carbohydrates in your macros as well as the fats.

I eat about 10% a day of my macros in carbs right now and sometimes I'm well under that 10% (3-4%). Depends on how much broccoli and lettuce I eat or gree veggie.

I eat my pb right from the spoon. Haha. I pour walden farms chocolate syrup on it ;)

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
I haven't. I know people that have and LOVE it. I'd love to do that. I LOVE Nat PB. I often don't buy it bc I don't want to eat the whole jar.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
personally i can't pour the oil off the top.....because i've had the bad experience of not mixing the pb well, by the time i got to the bottom of the jar the pb was dry and tasted nasty

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
personally i can't pour the oil off the top.....because i've had the bad experience of not mixing the pb well, by the time i got to the bottom of the jar the pb was dry and tasted nasty
Idc if its dry. Makes it easier to measure lol

I also don't get it everywhere. Unfortunately you can't do it with all nut butters

Just the smuckers

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Idc if its dry. Makes it easier to measure lol

I also don't get it everywhere. Unfortunately you can't do it with all nut butters

Just the smuckers
^
Ohhhh i
Loooooove the crunchy natural PB by smuckers but i've recently gave up eating nuts due to food sensitivty.