Need help getting diet in check

thenewkid4011

Awards
Iv been working out for about 7months and have cut out junk foods like chips and soda and trying to eat healthier meals. Iv lost about 10-15 pounds doing that but nothing to impressive.

Im not like huge fat but i got a gut and wanna get rid of it. I do abs after all my workouts and i have seen gains in my workouts. Muscle forming that was rarely ever seen before and weight that i couldn't come close to lifting when i started 7months ago. Might not be as impressive as some people on here but to me its huge haha. Also i have a good workout routine, in a 7 day week i workout 5 days and then on my two off days i usually do cardio.

Only problem I'm having is getting a good healthy diet going. I need help so if theres any articles or health pages i could read please link, any supplements i could take to help lose the pounds ( i know supps aren't the number 1 but anything to help ) any input and advice would be very helpful.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
A little unsure on what you're seeking. Do you want somebody to just develop a diet plan for you? Tell you some healthy foods to eat? Design your macros? What are your goals? A little more details and ill try and help

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Here's a couple tips, With dieting make it easy. Pick foods that you like and that are healthy. Such as fats I like avacodo so I eat it more then nuts. I love PB so I eat that as a fat, but I limit myself on consumption. Carbs, I like sweet potatos and oatmeal. Most my carbs come from those two sources unless post workout. I do change it up to other things I like. Proteins, I eat a lot of eggs chicken and fish. This is leaner then mos red meat. I dont mix carbs and fat.

Fat loss is not just what you put in your body, its what you put out also. You can eat healthy foods but still gain weight if you eat too much. Each meal I intake 50g carbs and 50g protein. I save my fats for snacks. If I am really bulking I may eat 75g carbs and 50g protein. But you have to figure out what your body needs energy wise and eat about 500cals under that. This will equal a pound of fat loss each wek.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Here's a couple tips, With dieting make it easy. Pick foods that you like and that are healthy. Such as fats I like avacodo so I eat it more then nuts. I love PB so I eat that as a fat, but I limit myself on consumption. Carbs, I like sweet potatos and oatmeal. Most my carbs come from those two sources unless post workout. I do change it up to other things I like. Proteins, I eat a lot of eggs chicken and fish. This is leaner then mos red meat. I dont mix carbs and fat.

Fat loss is not just what you put in your body, its what you put out also. You can eat healthy foods but still gain weight if you eat too much. Each meal I intake 50g carbs and 50g protein. I save my fats for snacks. If I am really bulking I may eat 75g carbs and 50g protein. But you have to figure out what your body needs energy wise and eat about 500cals under that. This will equal a pound of fat loss each wek.
One more thing a good natural fat burner may be good for someone in your case. Kinda help speed up the fat loss process for you and help you be able to keep a better diet by lessining cravings. I hoghly reccomend Natural EFX and Youth by Formutech Nutrition. You can run these for extended periods of times and get good results.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Don't do too much an workouts, like every other groups of muscle they need time/rest to repair. Everyotherday is fine, or obliques one day abs next works.

What's your diet look like cardio day vs lifting days?

Zmk is a great supplement for recovery, it's taken before bed are you taking a multi at all?

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Your more than welcome to PM me and i will gladly set a diet up for you

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, thanks man. I'd like you to take a look at my current diet. I'll send it to you soon.

thenewkid4011

Awards
Don't do too much an workouts, like every other groups of muscle they need time/rest to repair. Everyotherday is fine, or obliques one day abs next works.

What's your diet look like cardio day vs lifting days?

Zmk is a great supplement for recovery, it's taken before bed are you taking a multi at all?
Yeah i workout abs every other day and try to give each muscle group a good amount of rest

My diet is the same for both days maybe a little more on lifting days

Ill look into zmk and yes i am taking opti-men

Sorry it took me forever to reply been busy with work and school.

thenewkid4011

Awards
One more thing a good natural fat burner may be good for someone in your case. Kinda help speed up the fat loss process for you and help you be able to keep a better diet by lessining cravings. I hoghly reccomend Natural EFX and Youth by Formutech Nutrition. You can run these for extended periods of times and get good results.
Thank you for the great tips, I'm going to try it like that and see if it works, hopefully it does ! Haha also i will look into those natural fat burners. Thank you again and i apologize for taking awhile to answer was busy with work and school.