Please help me sleep!

SlyCamaro

Awards
So my hole life I have had on a and off issues with sleep! Lately it worse, and I am taking 5mgs of ambien and its not working any more! I hate to get on any thing else... What supplements are actually worth trying? I have tried 5mgs of ambien with melatonen and that does nothing for me! This SUCKs

TexasGuy

Awards
What are your bed time habits and how close to bed time do you ingest stimulants?

SlyCamaro

Awards
I drink a little coffie around 7am, I wake about 6am. Then I use a pre workout around 3:30pm before I lift at 4:00pm... I do not drink soda only water so I get no other stims then that. I try to get to sleep between 10-11pm every night, but of course on the weekends you never know.

TexasGuy

Awards
I would consider dropping your afternoon stimulants. Although it may be hours before you go to bed, you could be reacting to them still.

Caffeine has a half life of roughly 5-7 hours on average, though this can vary. Assume 200 mg of caffeine in your pre-workout supp at 3:30, at 10:30 pm you still have roughly 100 mg of caffeine in your blood. Your supp very well could have more caffeine than that too, or another, more powerful and longer lasting stimulant altogether. And if you hit the gym late, you are pushing it even further.

Read your ingredients for total caffeine content. Even if you respond to caffein in an "average" manner, it is probably the culprit. It sounds like you may be sensitive to it to boot though.

If I personally drink even like a diet Dr. Pepper (relatively low caffeine content) after 1:00 pm, I'm up all night, even after it should've worn off. Most likely an adrenal response or something.

Try cutting it out for a month or so and see how it works for you.

Don't sweat the workout either, that **** may help you squeeze out a couple extra reps but nothing serious, especially if you are losing sleep. Consider creatine, CoQ10 and b-complex instead. You won't feel a head rush or adrenaline surge but you'll definitely "groove" higher and experience additional energy without side effects. More of a smooth energy. And super cheap per "serving".

If you quit cold turkey, expect some sleepless nights at first while you adjust, but give it a month or so to see if you experience a difference.

Also, make sure the room is cool and dark, quiet or maybe some white noise, no TV or bright screens and all that stuff.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Man I love my pre workout drinks too. Thats gonna be tuff, thanks for the replie, I have to try something!

TexasGuy

Awards
I promise sleep will be more beneficial than a work out drink.

SlyCamaro

Awards
LOL That dont work for me! I do that and Ill end up eating a pizza and drinking beer till 3am... dont ask how I know

67nova

Awards
Might not be a good option but tylenol pm worked for me.Few other things is relaxing an hour before and make sure rooms dark and use a fan to drown out noise.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I smoke a bowl of weed before bed. Knocks me out!!
this if that doesn't work smoke another bowl and drink a glass of wine try finding a more indica dominant strain of the herb (kush, afghan) as opposed to sativas which can be more stimulating

sergroc129

sergroc129

Awards
Ever try Animal PM? That ish knocks me out after taking it

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I have awful sleep. No drug or supplement has worked. Although valerian root gave me extremely vivid sex dreams.

I find it's best just to create a routine. No tv, no music, just a dark room at the exact SAMs time every single night. The routine helps let my body know it's time for sleep.

michelle82

Awards
So my hole life I have had on a and off issues with sleep! Lately it worse, and I am taking 5mgs of ambien and its not working any more! I hate to get on any thing else... What supplements are actually worth trying? I have tried 5mgs of ambien with melatonen and that does nothing for me! This SUCKs
Both my husband and I were dealing with insomnia for more than 6 months. We got introduced to a powder called natural calm which is basically magnesium. It's gluten and sugar free. There's plenty of flavors very very good and I believe there's a flavor odor free one too. You only need one tablespoon a day, no more than this one hour prior going to bed. Although magnesium is mostly used for GI problems such as constipation, it has tooooons of other uses too. We buy the powder in amazon. It's like $15-$20 depending on the size and it lasts a while. You can drink it as a tea, only pour the tablespoon of powder on hot water or with whatever liquid you would like. We also combine it with melatonin and believe it or not our lives have gotten back to normal. It does help you relax and also sleep through the night feeling rested the next day. This powder has wonderful properties and its used a lot as a sleeping aid. Give it a try. Good luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 23
Supplements 14
packers6211 Supplements 3
Anabolics 19