Pre-Workout Meal

Jwalker7

Awards
What would be the best pre-workout meal to give you a little bit of energy yet is light?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What would be the best pre-workout meal to give you a little bit of energy yet is light?
Powdered protein/carb shake. 1 scoop whey+1 scoop karbolyn and you're g2g....maybe 1 cap AP about 15min before the shake?

Powdered drinks are probably going to the lightest thing.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 hours prewo I had a protein shake w/ whole milk, peanut butter, banana. 2 pieces of wheat toast w/ jelly, 3 whole wheat waffles, 2 sweet potato pancakes.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Powdered protein/carb shake. 1 scoop whey+1 scoop karbolyn and you're g2g....maybe 1 cap AP about 15min before the shake?

Powdered drinks are probably going to the lightest thing.
Agree on this ! If you dont do carbs pre-workout then you can do the protein shake and healthy fats such as natural peanut butter, so your body uses that for energy.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Mass gaining main goal: whey isolate and Ezekiel bread or sweet potato or oatmeal or Quinoa

Fat loss main goal: whey isolate and natural PB or almonds or walnuts or a healthy oil (fish/olive/flax).

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Mass gaining main goal: whey isolate and Ezekiel bread or sweet potato or oatmeal or Quinoa

Fat loss main goal: whey isolate and natural PB or almonds or walnuts or a healthy oil (fish/olive/flax).
Great advice I've used for years with much success.

Here is what I do when I train first thing in the morning:

Wake up - 1 sv Prodigy (Pre workout by PNI)
20-min later - 2 scoops of either humapro, syntrax nectar, or carnivore + 2 pc of ezekial bread or 1 scoop of carb powder (30 grams carbs). It's perfect.