Pre-Workout Meal

  1. Pre-Workout Meal


    What would be the best pre-workout meal to give you a little bit of energy yet is light?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Jwalker7 View Post
    What would be the best pre-workout meal to give you a little bit of energy yet is light?
    Powdered protein/carb shake. 1 scoop whey+1 scoop karbolyn and you're g2g....maybe 1 cap AP about 15min before the shake?

    Powdered drinks are probably going to the lightest thing.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  3. Coffee works for me.
    •   
       


  4. 2 hours prewo I had a protein shake w/ whole milk, peanut butter, banana. 2 pieces of wheat toast w/ jelly, 3 whole wheat waffles, 2 sweet potato pancakes.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Powdered protein/carb shake. 1 scoop whey+1 scoop karbolyn and you're g2g....maybe 1 cap AP about 15min before the shake?

    Powdered drinks are probably going to the lightest thing.
    Agree on this ! If you dont do carbs pre-workout then you can do the protein shake and healthy fats such as natural peanut butter, so your body uses that for energy.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jwalker7 View Post
    What would be the best pre-workout meal to give you a little bit of energy yet is light?
    Mass gaining main goal: whey isolate and Ezekiel bread or sweet potato or oatmeal or Quinoa

    Fat loss main goal: whey isolate and natural PB or almonds or walnuts or a healthy oil (fish/olive/flax).
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    Mass gaining main goal: whey isolate and Ezekiel bread or sweet potato or oatmeal or Quinoa

    Fat loss main goal: whey isolate and natural PB or almonds or walnuts or a healthy oil (fish/olive/flax).
    Great advice I've used for years with much success.

    Here is what I do when I train first thing in the morning:

    Wake up - 1 sv Prodigy (Pre workout by PNI)
    20-min later - 2 scoops of either humapro, syntrax nectar, or carnivore + 2 pc of ezekial bread or 1 scoop of carb powder (30 grams carbs). It's perfect.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. pre-workout meal?
    By BoyFromAus in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 11:56 PM
  2. Pre-workout meal timing
    By Bildo_21 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 04:58 PM
  3. pre workout meal
    By Farmboy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 06:41 PM
  4. Pre-Workout meal?
    By NPursuit in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 09:54 PM
Log in
Log in