Is this diet terrible?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Is this diet terrible?

To preface, I hate cooking so I go with things easily prepared with minimal cooking. I also don't eat veggies, but supplement with vitamins.

The diet below is for bulking, and I feel it will be the easiest for me to follow. Just want some input, or if you guys think there are any red flags.

Thanks.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

thats actually not too bad for no veggies. you should just use normal oats instead of an oatmeal packet though. grind them to dust with a blender or processor,then mix with mi lkand down the hatch

by not that bad, i mean it could be a lot worse. assuming those granola bars are good and not the chewwy kinds
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.37%

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    thats actually not too bad for no veggies. you should just use normal oats instead of an oatmeal packet though. grind them to dust with a blender or processor,then mix with mi lkand down the hatch

by not that bad, i mean it could be a lot worse. assuming those granola bars are good and not the chewwy kinds
    Yeah, this

Add fruits and veggies, maybe vary your protein sources, and get rid of the granola bars
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.55%

Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    To preface, I hate cooking so I go with things easily prepared with minimal cooking. I also don't eat veggies, but supplement with vitamins.

The diet below is for bulking, and I feel it will be the easiest for me to follow. Just want some input, or if you guys think there are any red flags.
    This makes it terrible.

First, fruits and vegetables are your main source of alkalinity. Your diet is highly acidotic, and with that come metabolic consequences.

A vitamin does not replace the phytonutrients that are found in fruits and vegetables, and nearly essential for optimal performance.

Vitamins have terrible absorption qualities compared to the cofactors found in fruits and vegetables that improve absorption.

This diet will throw your methylation balance out of whack due the lack of folate/betaine consumption. This has negative consequences on health and performance.

Br
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    This makes it terrible.

First, fruits and vegetables are your main source of alkalinity. Your diet is highly acidotic, and with that come metabolic consequences.

A vitamin does not replace the phytonutrients that are found in fruits and vegetables, and nearly essential for optimal performance.

Vitamins have terrible absorption qualities compared to the cofactors found in fruits and vegetables that improve absorption.

This diet will throw your methylation balance out of whack due the lack of folate/betaine consumption. This has negative consequences on health and performance.

Br
    What are your thoughts on just downing a couple servings of V8 every day?

I've been doing that for a while. Never had trouble making gains, but understand health is important too.

I might start buying some canned stuff. I'm sure people will claim that's "bad" for you too (as opposed to fresh produce).
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.3%

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

This makes it terrible.

Br
    i think you blew his mind a little. you definately went over my head lol. time to study
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.55%

Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    What are your thoughts on just downing a couple servings of V8 every day?

I've been doing that for a while. Never had trouble making gains, but understand health is important too.

I might start buying some canned stuff. I'm sure people will claim that's "bad" for you too (as opposed to fresh produce).
    The cooking/pasturizing process in V8 destroys a lot of the phytochemicals.

You are actually better off going with quality frozen veggies, in many cases, flash frozen veggies contain more nutrients than past date "fresh".

You can also look into some of the "greens" supplements that are on the market, and supplement with sodium bicarbonate for further alkalinity.

Br
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.78%

Yeah he just blew mine. Ha reading this while at the grocery store made me buy some fruits/greens
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

Is this diet terrible?

Ever try taking a few hrs a week and making all your meals at once?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Quote Originally Posted by eericksen View Post
    Yeah I could try that.

I do like the George Foreman though. Cook chicken breast in 5 minutes.

I used to eat a lot of rice, but switched to oats as it's faster to prepare.

I eat a lot tuna, and even use cold cuts for sandwiches.

I know people will say mercury and sodium is a problem.

It just seems like no matter what, somebody is always going to give a reason why it's bad for you, lol.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

Sodium for someone physically active is less harmful since it helps keep you hydrated, helps nerve impulse transmission and muscle contractions. I really dont worry about it...I just cook clean and add salt for flavor. I have have five things i rely on....a rice cooker, a stove, a crockpot, a grill and tupperware. The crockpot is great since you can make in bulk and its extremely easy to use and all you have to do is add the ingredients and wait. When you cook in bulk you also save a ton of $$
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by eericksen View Post
    Sodium for someone physically active is less harmful since it helps keep you hydrated, helps nerve impulse transmission and muscle contractions. I really dont worry about it...I just cook clean and add salt for flavor. I have have five things i rely on....a rice cooker, a stove, a crockpot, a grill and tupperware. The crockpot is great since you can make in bulk and its extremely easy to use and all you have to do is add the ingredients and wait. When you cook in bulk you also save a ton of $$
    my crockpot is always cooking something. i personally would add a blender to the list
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Blender was hands down my best investment. I'd say just blend up your veggies and fruits and make your own V8 juice that way; at least then you know that you haven't destroyed the important parts and can down it quickley.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz
    Blender was hands down my best investment. I'd say just blend up your veggies and fruits and make your own V8 juice that way; at least then you know that you haven't destroyed the important parts and can down it quickley.
    I bought a juicer awhile back and love it. Easy, healthy, and they actually taste good. Definitely a purchase I am happy with. It's one of the things I miss the most about home being deployed.

Starting my day with a glass of fresh juice with lots of dark leafy greens and other goodies as part of my breakfast actually did more to perk me up and give me energy than my usual go-round of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.79%

Quote Originally Posted by eericksen
    This bro.. I get one day off a week and it takes me two hours to cook my meals firthe week.. Oats with chcicken breast? Yuk jus cook some rice for the week

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is this a good recomp/cutting diet?
    By Beebs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:43 PM
  2. is this ok for a bulking diet???
    By clippers41 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
  3. Is this true? 15 day bulk, 15 day diet?
    By Jim Mills in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 06:47 PM
  4. is this a bulking diet or a shredding diet?
    By iwinulose2980 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 02:49 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 11:28 AM