Is this diet terrible?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
To preface, I hate cooking so I go with things easily prepared with minimal cooking. I also don't eat veggies, but supplement with vitamins.

The diet below is for bulking, and I feel it will be the easiest for me to follow. Just want some input, or if you guys think there are any red flags.

Thanks.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
thats actually not too bad for no veggies. you should just use normal oats instead of an oatmeal packet though. grind them to dust with a blender or processor,then mix with mi lkand down the hatch

by not that bad, i mean it could be a lot worse. assuming those granola bars are good and not the chewwy kinds

uvawahoowa

Awards
thats actually not too bad for no veggies. you should just use normal oats instead of an oatmeal packet though. grind them to dust with a blender or processor,then mix with mi lkand down the hatch

by not that bad, i mean it could be a lot worse. assuming those granola bars are good and not the chewwy kinds
Yeah, this

Add fruits and veggies, maybe vary your protein sources, and get rid of the granola bars

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To preface, I hate cooking so I go with things easily prepared with minimal cooking. I also don't eat veggies, but supplement with vitamins.

The diet below is for bulking, and I feel it will be the easiest for me to follow. Just want some input, or if you guys think there are any red flags.
This makes it terrible.

First, fruits and vegetables are your main source of alkalinity. Your diet is highly acidotic, and with that come metabolic consequences.

A vitamin does not replace the phytonutrients that are found in fruits and vegetables, and nearly essential for optimal performance.

Vitamins have terrible absorption qualities compared to the cofactors found in fruits and vegetables that improve absorption.

This diet will throw your methylation balance out of whack due the lack of folate/betaine consumption. This has negative consequences on health and performance.

Br

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
This makes it terrible.

First, fruits and vegetables are your main source of alkalinity. Your diet is highly acidotic, and with that come metabolic consequences.

A vitamin does not replace the phytonutrients that are found in fruits and vegetables, and nearly essential for optimal performance.

Vitamins have terrible absorption qualities compared to the cofactors found in fruits and vegetables that improve absorption.

This diet will throw your methylation balance out of whack due the lack of folate/betaine consumption. This has negative consequences on health and performance.

Br
What are your thoughts on just downing a couple servings of V8 every day?

I've been doing that for a while. Never had trouble making gains, but understand health is important too.

I might start buying some canned stuff. I'm sure people will claim that's "bad" for you too (as opposed to fresh produce).

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
This makes it terrible.

Br
i think you blew his mind a little. you definately went over my head lol. time to study

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are your thoughts on just downing a couple servings of V8 every day?

I've been doing that for a while. Never had trouble making gains, but understand health is important too.

I might start buying some canned stuff. I'm sure people will claim that's "bad" for you too (as opposed to fresh produce).
The cooking/pasturizing process in V8 destroys a lot of the phytochemicals.

You are actually better off going with quality frozen veggies, in many cases, flash frozen veggies contain more nutrients than past date "fresh".

You can also look into some of the "greens" supplements that are on the market, and supplement with sodium bicarbonate for further alkalinity.

Br

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Yeah he just blew mine. Ha reading this while at the grocery store made me buy some fruits/greens

eericksen

eericksen

Awards
Ever try taking a few hrs a week and making all your meals at once?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I could try that.

I do like the George Foreman though. Cook chicken breast in 5 minutes.

I used to eat a lot of rice, but switched to oats as it's faster to prepare.

I eat a lot tuna, and even use cold cuts for sandwiches.

I know people will say mercury and sodium is a problem.

It just seems like no matter what, somebody is always going to give a reason why it's bad for you, lol.

eericksen

eericksen

Awards
Sodium for someone physically active is less harmful since it helps keep you hydrated, helps nerve impulse transmission and muscle contractions. I really dont worry about it...I just cook clean and add salt for flavor. I have have five things i rely on....a rice cooker, a stove, a crockpot, a grill and tupperware. The crockpot is great since you can make in bulk and its extremely easy to use and all you have to do is add the ingredients and wait. When you cook in bulk you also save a ton of $$

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Sodium for someone physically active is less harmful since it helps keep you hydrated, helps nerve impulse transmission and muscle contractions. I really dont worry about it...I just cook clean and add salt for flavor. I have have five things i rely on....a rice cooker, a stove, a crockpot, a grill and tupperware. The crockpot is great since you can make in bulk and its extremely easy to use and all you have to do is add the ingredients and wait. When you cook in bulk you also save a ton of $$
my crockpot is always cooking something. i personally would add a blender to the list

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Blender was hands down my best investment. I'd say just blend up your veggies and fruits and make your own V8 juice that way; at least then you know that you haven't destroyed the important parts and can down it quickley.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blender was hands down my best investment. I'd say just blend up your veggies and fruits and make your own V8 juice that way; at least then you know that you haven't destroyed the important parts and can down it quickley.
I bought a juicer awhile back and love it. Easy, healthy, and they actually taste good. Definitely a purchase I am happy with. It's one of the things I miss the most about home being deployed.

Starting my day with a glass of fresh juice with lots of dark leafy greens and other goodies as part of my breakfast actually did more to perk me up and give me energy than my usual go-round of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
This bro.. I get one day off a week and it takes me two hours to cook my meals firthe week.. Oats with chcicken breast? Yuk jus cook some rice for the week