In need of carbohydrate advice!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm down for that! Got a recipe? I don't advise it as a protein source - yes its a full 7g amino profile but the bioavailability is so bad due to the carbohydrate encasing. Could always soak the seed overnight to fix that... I'm doing it right now.

-OS-Team AppNut
    -16 oz liquid egg whites (I use a vanilla flavored version from www.muscleegg.com)
    -I use about 90-115 grams Quinoa depending on exact car-count I am after
    -A little bit of cinnamon
    -Couple pf packets of sweetener

Mix thoroughly in a blender and pour batter into non-stick pan. Will make 2-3 pancakes depending on size of pan. Sometimes I do half Quinoa/barley or half Quinoa/oatmeal. To me, straight Quinoa makes the best pancakes.

You can also use some fake spray butter on them or something like Walden farms or Atkins syrup. This is such an enjoyable meal.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

2. Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    Some consider it more like a bean or seed, yes. Definitely not a grain, correct! But, no matter what it is, it makes for awesome egg white/Quinoa pancakes!!!
    Coach, do you cook the quinoa first?
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Coach, do you cook the quinoa first?
    No I do not. However, I WILL cook barley a bit before adding it to the mixture if I utilize it.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

4. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    You don't NEED carbs, you do need carb refeeds tho ;-)

I can attest to trying to make my carbs gluten free make a large difference, for the better.

Btw you can carb up and be gluten free and still be high GI, just takes a little work
    You need cake after 2 weeks of only veggies , fat and prot...True Story.

As for the real contribution to the thread...I think there's enough smart minds here to help out on this.

Carbs at night, really beneficial or just harmless? High GI or low GI, for benefits in fat loss, Insulin sensitivity, extended lipolysis throughout the day?

Just wanna get your opinion on the matter...as all I read is both sides, that Carbs at night are harmless, however the High GI to low GI ground for said benefits...seems...hard to define?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

5. What your eating now for carbs is plenty. Just depends on when you eat them. I found eating simple carbs pre and post workout, and lower carbs in the mornings and evenings to work great for bulking and cutting. Excess carbs=excess body fat.
    •   

6. Re: In need of carbohydrate advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    You need cake after 2 weeks of only veggies , fat and prot...True Story.

As for the real contribution to the thread...I think there's enough smart minds here to help out on this.

Carbs at night, really beneficial or just harmless?
    I would say harmless. We do have this
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475137 which would suggest it MAY be beneficial for total fat loss and better satiety.

High GI or low GI, for benefits in fat loss, Insulin sensitivity, extended lipolysis throughout the day?
    see Big Reds earlier post. When consumed in a meal the GI becomes irrelevant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

7. Your best bet is to eat most of your carbs early and eat them with protien and some fat to better digest everything,karbolyn after a workout will do the body good.Stop eating anything about 2 hrs before bed time to keep bodyfat to a minimum.
    LG Sciences Sponsored Athlete-Nothing I say constitutes as medical advice

8. Quote Originally Posted by dabronx70 View Post
    Your best bet is to eat most of your carbs early and eat them with protien and some fat to better digest everything,karbolyn after a workout will do the body good.Stop eating anything about 2 hrs before bed time to keep bodyfat to a minimum.
    why would i directly gain fat by consuming within 2 hours of bed?
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

9. Never ment that you would put on fat but you dont want to consume to many calories before bed because of lack of activity during sleep.You have a better chance of storing the excess calories if you do.
    LG Sciences Sponsored Athlete-Nothing I say constitutes as medical advice

10. Quote Originally Posted by dabronx70 View Post
    Never ment that you would put on fat but you dont want to consume to many calories before bed because of lack of activity during sleep.You have a better chance of storing the excess calories if you do.
    I'd say it's more closely linked with the presence of insulin during times or rest when GH and IGF release is most significant. GH is blunted by insulin concentrations in the blood stream so it's best to be entering a state of fasting near bed time. Thats my perspective.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

11. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'd say it's more closely linked with the presence of insulin during times or rest when GH and IGF release is most significant. GH is blunted by insulin concentrations in the blood stream so it's best to be entering a state of fasting near bed time. Thats my perspective.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Absolutely correct. Carbohydrates CAN be timed for optimum use and manipulation of the natural hormonal cascade at specific times per day in full accordance with your goals.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Labwork is back - in need of some advice on it
    By Gimzim in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. Novie Power Lifter in Need of Some Advice
    By Vendetta333 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
  3. I'm in need of some advice on a weightloss diet.
    By BackToRoutine in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 02:29 AM
  4. Please Help Guys, In Need Of Expert Advice
    By leebird in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 07:24 AM
  5. Rookie in Need of Some Advice!!!!!!!
    By bigred40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM