In need of carbohydrate advice!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Re: In need of carbohydrate advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    You need cake after 2 weeks of only veggies , fat and prot...True Story.

As for the real contribution to the thread...I think there's enough smart minds here to help out on this.

Carbs at night, really beneficial or just harmless?
    I would say harmless. We do have this
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475137 which would suggest it MAY be beneficial for total fat loss and better satiety.

High GI or low GI, for benefits in fat loss, Insulin sensitivity, extended lipolysis throughout the day?
    see Big Reds earlier post. When consumed in a meal the GI becomes irrelevant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Your best bet is to eat most of your carbs early and eat them with protien and some fat to better digest everything,karbolyn after a workout will do the body good.Stop eating anything about 2 hrs before bed time to keep bodyfat to a minimum.
    LG Sciences Sponsored Athlete-Nothing I say constitutes as medical advice
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dabronx70 View Post
    Your best bet is to eat most of your carbs early and eat them with protien and some fat to better digest everything,karbolyn after a workout will do the body good.Stop eating anything about 2 hrs before bed time to keep bodyfat to a minimum.
    why would i directly gain fat by consuming within 2 hours of bed?
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

4. Never ment that you would put on fat but you dont want to consume to many calories before bed because of lack of activity during sleep.You have a better chance of storing the excess calories if you do.
    LG Sciences Sponsored Athlete-Nothing I say constitutes as medical advice

5. Quote Originally Posted by dabronx70 View Post
    Never ment that you would put on fat but you dont want to consume to many calories before bed because of lack of activity during sleep.You have a better chance of storing the excess calories if you do.
    I'd say it's more closely linked with the presence of insulin during times or rest when GH and IGF release is most significant. GH is blunted by insulin concentrations in the blood stream so it's best to be entering a state of fasting near bed time. Thats my perspective.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'd say it's more closely linked with the presence of insulin during times or rest when GH and IGF release is most significant. GH is blunted by insulin concentrations in the blood stream so it's best to be entering a state of fasting near bed time. Thats my perspective.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Absolutely correct. Carbohydrates CAN be timed for optimum use and manipulation of the natural hormonal cascade at specific times per day in full accordance with your goals.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Novie Power Lifter in Need of Some Advice
    By Vendetta333 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 11:42 AM
  2. Labwork is back - in need of some advice on it
    By Gimzim in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. I'm in need of some advice on a weightloss diet.
    By BackToRoutine in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 03:29 AM
  4. Please Help Guys, In Need Of Expert Advice
    By leebird in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 08:24 AM
  5. Rookie in Need of Some Advice!!!!!!!
    By bigred40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 04:32 PM