Kidney Stones - AnabolicMinds.com

Kidney Stones

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

Kidney Stones

So I just passed a couple kidney stones.. Fuacking terrible experience brahs. Jw if anyone had any suggestions on a powdered protein source that isn't whey that may not cause calcium based kidney stones so easily. Creatine is completely out now, aswell as crystalline taurine. And help would be great.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've passed a couple. Did you have yours analyzed at the lab?

My doctor told me these occur in people with a predisposition and will most likely happen regardless of dietary changes. The best I could do, he said, was to mediate the frequency of their occurance through diet.

He said to drink more water and suggested downing a two liter bottle of water with a quarter cup of lemon juice (with no sulphates) first thing in the AM to flush the kidneys and the juice supposedly breaks down calcium deposits.

The dietary options followed to a T that I was given are pretty unrealistic, imo. He kinda chuckled when I said so and told me to take it for what it was worth, how much I adhere to it will determine my frequency to the emergency room for morphine.

He also gave me 30 vicoden and kinda winked about storing them for the next one instead of the hospital.

Anyways, long story short, other than pain they don't seem to be a big deal. Not in my case anyways. Weigh the cost of sacrifice on either side.

That said, its my understanding they can be caused by various minerals and a lab test will pinpoint your cause over an educated guess and they can damage the kidneys in some cases so the docs advice is best, but you may want to consider a second opinion.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I've passed a couple. Did you have yours analyzed at the lab?

My doctor told me these occur in people with a predisposition and will most likely happen regardless of dietary changes. The best I could do, he said, was to mediate the frequency of their occurance through diet.

He said to drink more water and suggested downing a two liter bottle of water with a quarter cup of lemon juice (with no sulphates) first thing in the AM to flush the kidneys and the juice supposedly breaks down calcium deposits.

The dietary options followed to a T that I was given are pretty unrealistic, imo. He kinda chuckled when I said so and told me to take it for what it was worth, how much I adhere to it will determine my frequency to the emergency room for morphine.

He also gave me 30 vicoden and kinda winked about storing them for the next one instead of the hospital.

Anyways, long story short, other than pain they don't seem to be a big deal. Not in my case anyways. Weigh the cost of sacrifice on either side.

That said, its my understanding they can be caused by various minerals and a lab test will pinpoint your cause over an educated guess and they can damage the kidneys in some cases so the docs advice is best, but you may want to consider a second opinion.
    No I didn't have it tested yet, I did collect it though and hope to have it tested by my family doc tommrow. The pain was insane that's for sure, went into the ER for a couple Demerol shots and left with OxyContin thankfully! I just wish there was some way to prevent them. Takes me out of wrk for a couple days, which is not cool. Do you think I'd have a better chance at preventing them if I switched to egg based protein powder and cut out creatine and taurine?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by GoGetSwole View Post
    No I didn't have it tested yet, I did collect it though and hope to have it tested by my family doc tommrow. The pain was insane that's for sure, went into the ER for a couple Demerol shots and left with OxyContin thankfully! I just wish there was some way to prevent them. Takes me out of wrk for a couple days, which is not cool. Do you think I'd have a better chance at preventing them if I switched to egg based protein powder and cut out creatine and taurine?
    I don't know. Your analysis would be more telling than anything. Without that it is all guess work.

And yeah, they hurt like hell. The first one I ever got woke me up and scared the **** out of me. I passed another a few years later and evidently I'm full of them. Most should pass unnoticed but I'm considering "blasting" the biggies. Ask your doc about it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 11:23 PM
  2. Kidney Stones Cost
    By manny1010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
  3. Kidney Stones and excessive protein
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 12:01 AM
  4. Latest Way to Treat and Prevent Kidney Stones: Drink Lemonade