Need advice on diet

N

Noobtastic

Awards
Hello,

I need some help constructing a good diet that will fit my goals and life. Let me start by saying I have a job that sometimes, ok almost 75% of the time, leads me to skip lunch because of deadlines and such. I need solutions that I can pre-make, hopefully on the weekends and package up so I can keep food on me durning my work day.

My goal is to gain as much muscle mass as possible. I've been back in the gym for 6 months now, gained about 18lbs, lost two pant sizes and feel great. That said, I'm still chubby with a bf of 19-20%. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 255 lbs and I'm 32 years old.

I took about 2yrs off the gym because something had to give. I went back to school to get my BS while moving forward with a demanding career. Guess what I dropped to make time for school? No more working out and fast food became a part of my world. It was a big mistake because I put on 45lbs or so and lost a ton of muscle. Not to mention the mental strain of the job, school and being out of shape.

When I was in good shape I was in the gym (4) days a week and weighed about 200lbs with a bf of 10-12%. That was my story for years (it also helped to have a close friend that's a great personal trainer). Now my goals are different though, I really don't care too much about my bf and certainly don't want to weigh 200lbs. I want to bulk up as big as possible, it would be awesome to weigh 275lbs with a bf of 15%.

Once I hit my natural limits, I plan to run a cycle. That said, I want to get my diet right first and if that also means cutting some bf, so be it. But overall I'm just looking to gain muscle mass.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Mynetdiary is a great app, I suggest you download it to track your cals so you can dial them in and gain muscle but keep fat gain low. Other than that following a program like 5/3/1 can help you get stronger and gain mass, there's a great app for that too.

N

Noobtastic

Awards
What's the question?
What are some good foods to eat, meals to make, shakes to drink? How do you guys deal with eating right if you have no time time for the kitchen? What is a good meal plan for someone with my goals?

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Hello,

I need some help constructing a good diet that will fit my goals and life. Let me start by saying I have a job that sometimes, ok almost 75% of the time, leads me to skip lunch because of deadlines and such. I need solutions that I can pre-make, hopefully on the weekends and package up so I can keep food on me durning my work day.

My goal is to gain as much muscle mass as possible. I've been back in the gym for 6 months now, gained about 18lbs, lost two pant sizes and feel great. That said, I'm still chubby with a bf of 19-20%. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 255 lbs and I'm 32 years old.

I took about 2yrs off the gym because something had to give. I went back to school to get my BS while moving forward with a demanding career. Guess what I dropped to make time for school? No more working out and fast food became a part of my world. It was a big mistake because I put on 45lbs or so and lost a ton of muscle. Not to mention the mental strain of the job, school and being out of shape.

When I was in good shape I was in the gym (4) days a week and weighed about 200lbs with a bf of 10-12%. That was my story for years (it also helped to have a close friend that's a great personal trainer). Now my goals are different though, I really don't care too much about my bf and certainly don't want to weigh 200lbs. I want to bulk up as big as possible, it would be awesome to weigh 275lbs with a bf of 15%.

Once I hit my natural limits, I plan to run a cycle. That said, I want to get my diet right first and if that also means cutting some bf, so be it. But overall I'm just looking to gain muscle mass.
Look in the articles section for great tips on meal prep and there are a few independently posted articles on her about meal prepping and easy recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner