New tactic for achieving six pack?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New tactic for achieving six pack?


    I do resistance/weights 4 times a week for 60-90 mins (mostly super sets), and for the last couple of months have added 10 mins of HIIT to the end of each workout. Been doing IF from 9:30pm to 1:00pm 6-7 days a week for six months, too. Results? Dropped two points in BF (10% down to 8% on DEXA), and lots of great feedback about looking better, but still not cut in my abs. Started working my abs harder, but I'm thinking this is more about eating. Should I cut cals (haven't done big deficits on a daily basis since advice has been that will eat more muscle than fat)? What new tack should I take or should I just expect a sow climb to my six pack goal over the next six months if I stick with my exercise routine and IF?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by hawkhamilton View Post
    I do resistance/weights 4 times a week for 60-90 mins (mostly super sets), and for the last couple of months have added 10 mins of HIIT to the end of each workout. Been doing IF from 9:30pm to 1:00pm 6-7 days a week for six months, too. Results? Dropped two points in BF (10% down to 8% on DEXA), and lots of great feedback about looking better, but still not cut in my abs. Started working my abs harder, but I'm thinking this is more about eating. Should I cut cals (haven't done big deficits on a daily basis since advice has been that will eat more muscle than fat)? What new tack should I take or should I just expect a sow climb to my six pack goal over the next six months if I stick with my exercise routine and IF?
    Abs is most definitely about your diet. Go on a small cut for a while and see how it works for you. You will obviously lose a bit of muscle but it all depends on your workouts.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    •   
       


  3. Also would mention that your feeding window may be a bit too big?

    Perhaps try to shorten it to about ~6 hours?
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  4. If you're actually at 8% and don't have visibly cut abs, then it's because you need to build them more.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If you're actually at 8% and don't have visibly cut abs, then it's because you need to build them more.
    Lol, yes
    •   
       


  6. OP, what are you doing to train your abs?


    If you're not already try adding weighted cable crunches and wood choppers.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If you're actually at 8% and don't have visibly cut abs, then it's because you need to build them more.
    I've read that <10% BF is when your abs show more
    After a year off, I'm back

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If you're actually at 8% and don't have visibly cut abs, then it's because you need to build them more.
    Granted, it was caliper measurement for me, but I'm at 9% right now and I still am unable to have the bottom abs showing. It is just that ALL of my fat is held there.

    I have veins all over my arms, my calves, even chest and shoulders, but no lower ab visibility.

    Which reminds me, should probably start a new topic on this.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Granted, it was caliper measurement for me, but I'm at 9% right now and I still am unable to have the bottom abs showing. It is just that ALL of my fat is held there.

    I have veins all over my arms, my calves, even chest and shoulders, but no lower ab visibility.

    Which reminds me, should probably start a new topic on this.
    The lower abs, lower back, and glutes are generally the last places for fat to mobilize. Without going to mid single-digits, most won't see these areas.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. Also you need to have some patience especially when you attempt going sub-10%; fat loss slows down massively.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy
    OP, what are you doing to train your abs?

    If you're not already try adding weighted cable crunches and wood choppers.
    Cable crunches are great for abs..my lower abs don't show either, lately laying leg raises has helped though...but I eat way to much for my abs to fully show ha

  12. Correct me if I'm wrong... But wouldn't running an AI like erase possibly help? I've read that people with high estrogen hold fat in their thighs and Lower stomach area? Is that correct or no?
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... But wouldn't running an AI like erase possibly help? I've read that people with high estrogen hold fat in their thighs and Lower stomach area? Is that correct or no?
    At his BF% levels, his estrogen will not be high, but it will help those in the high teens or above.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If you're actually at 8% and don't have visibly cut abs, then it's because you need to build them more.
    This^^^^

    As someone who has done minimal AB work over the years this is a huge factor.

    You may think you're training them but you're blasting your hip flexors. ( common occurrence)

    My fold on abs maybe similar to my quads but my quads are HUGE & well developed and I see razor cuts in them before I'll see any Ab separation.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  15. Look up on YouTube


    Candlestick abdominals

    Do those and work on front levers as well

    Then physioball crunches with glutes held tight so your hips don't dip

    Super set them

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    At his BF% levels, his estrogen will not be high, but it will help those in the high teens or above.
    Sweet. So the logic is correct just not the correct application.
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  17. I do those candlesticks with my abs workouts as well, will continue to try to decrease BF
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  18. Why dont you post a pic...if you feel comfortable?
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88 View Post
    Why dont you post a pic...if you feel comfortable?
    Name:  AM.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  47.7 KB

    Was just about to haha, had it on another post of mine. This is past 28 days of a hardcore cut doing leangains / carb backload mix.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  20. Planks, cable crunches, dragon flys, hanging leg raises, sledge hammer tire slams, heavy squats and heavy deadlifts have done wonders for my mid section. Two of the most common things I see people do wrong are perform the exercises too fast, or neglect to increase weight, reps, or duration(planks).

  21. Look closer to 12% IMO. Keep dropping fat


    Take a look at my thread I have I'm about 10.5 according to bio electrical impedance

    Keep working I was stuck then the holidays ****ed me

    But I also ended up gaining 1.5 lbs in lbm

  22. Checked your pics out EFB. That's some sick ink. Same artist for the majority or various artists spread out?
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  23. That's where I am at. Going to get a bodpod measurement before I start my New Years cut next week.
    Name:  image-71083132.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  394.5 KB
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88
    Checked your pics out EFB. That's some sick ink. Same artist for the majority or various artists spread out?
    Left side and stomach same artist. Right side different bc I covered a tribal on shoulder

  25. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    Left side and stomach same artist. Right side different bc I covered a tribal on shoulder
    Looks good. Like the b/w skulls with the red roses. Check out this shop..

    http://www.buenavistatattooclub.de/t...trash_polka/0/
    I almost went there to get work done when I lived in England.
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 02:00 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM
  3. new tricks for old dogs?
    By MrTrap in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 07:02 PM
  4. New Drug for DHT Blocking
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Log in
Log in