Super salmon coming soon

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Super-salmon that are genetically modified to grow twice as fast a step closer to our dining table - Telegraph

Recently, it has been determined that these "Super salmon" would not cause environmental impact therefore that much closer to allowing them into breeding.

Basically, they grow twice as fast.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. Theoretically, this could lower the price of salmon (horay!) but there's concerns of allergic reactions. In addition, wel all know wild alaskan salmon has a higher concentration of omega oils compared to farmed fish so how do these rank? It's hard for me to believe that a population of anything that grows twice as fast as nature intended would have zero environmental impact on a biodome.

-OS-Team AppNut

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it the same like the chickens we eat now?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I suppose, I noticed AM posted an article on the homepage as well

C

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
It seems every food is eventually heading to be genetically modified. How bad is it for us? I don't think we'll really know for sure. But it won't kill us, at least not immediately lol.

But it will bring down the price which is good, and it will open up a market for the "Organic" salmon and give people the option to pay extra for the real farm raised. Similar to meat.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
You said what I was thinking. I imagine it tastes bland and has zero omegas in it.

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
You said what I was thinking. I imagine it tastes bland and has zero omegas in it.
Yeah because if you have any fat in your diet you instantly become obese... Lol lets hope this isn't the case

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah because if you have any fat in your diet you instantly become obese... Lol lets hope this isn't the case
Oh no! I'm going on a low fat diet then. I'll just eat more carbs to make up for it. Should prevent obesity and heart disease, right?
:trout: