Diet advice

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Hey all, Been slacking on training lately due to injuries and diet has gone to hell. Weigh roughly 225lb at 5'10" and see a little bit of chub now hiding the muscle.
I am going to be very active training now so as for diet: planning to eat between 2,000-2,500 calories a day.
Question is distribution of macros. Was thinking about doing 40-40-20 of carb, protein, fat. Is this a good breakdown for general diet?
Also my goal is to get down to 195-205lb while retaining as much strength as possible

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey all, Been slacking on training lately due to injuries and diet has gone to hell. Weigh roughly 225lb at 5'10" and see a little bit of chub now hiding the muscle.
I am going to be very active training now so as for diet: planning to eat between 2,000-2,500 calories a day.
Question is distribution of macros. Was thinking about doing 40-40-20 of carb, protein, fat. Is this a good breakdown for general diet?
Also my goal is to get down to 195-205lb while retaining as much strength as possible
Man, you're gonna get a heard of people chiming in with "latest & greatest" and "studies show"

Maybe bump the cals up a bit but the traditional 40-40-20 split is a solid starting point. After about 3-4 weeks you can re-evaluate your progress while taking notes on how you feel/look at certain times. Tweak where you think you may need it. It's a tried & true method

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Im a big believer in lots of healthu fats.. I like to do 25-30% fat..but 40/40/20 is a good place to start no doubt

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Im a big believer in lots of healthu fats.. I like to do 25-30% fat..but 40/40/20 is a good place to start no doubt
This. You can always add a bit of extra fat and take it away from protein if you choose to.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Thanks everyone, I upped my calories to roughly 3000 as I was feeling a little lethargic. Feel much better now. Shifted percentages to about 40-30-30, the increased fat actually made muscles possibly feel harder. Idk if this is normal or just me being optimistic haha