Ideal macros & foods for brain function, mental sharpness, etc.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start cutting soon and I've cut with low/no carbs & varying daily carb intakes (like LG setup, etc). I've recently started going back to school at night and I also work a mentally demanding job (at least for me) so I'm trying to find a good balanced diet for my cut. I'm looking at making an effective cut, but also not putting myself through any extreme mental fog etc. I've read some stuff that says 150g carbs minimum as far as your mental functions are concerned. I've also seen people swear they are better off with a CKD style diet.

I'm looking for study results, opinions, real world results, etc that may help me make a clear decision I can feel good about. Thanks everyone!!

Thomasxavier

Awards
My brother, LOTS of fruits and vegetables..

Also, check out luminosity's website for increasing brain power/memory. Helped me go from B's in college to A's.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
or you can down some focus xt or alcar before class

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I have focus Xt, alcar, n-pept. I can't say that it has made a significant difference though so far. After not taking it for a while I didn't notice any dip in my performance and when I was on it I didn't notice much improvement. I've still got a good bit though and plan to try it out some more.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Lecithin is what you should be looking at.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
My brother, LOTS of fruits and vegetables..

Also, check out luminosity's website for increasing brain power/memory. Helped me go from B's in college to A's.
I saw a commercial for the a while back! Does it really help??? I have ADD and a few people on the community boad called ADDitudemag have seldomly spoke about it.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
For mental clarity (not necessarily athletic performance) I go with a maintenance level of calories, 40/30/30 carb/pro/fat. Eat a variety of fruits and veg. This will provide you with the overall energy you need and also keep blood sugar stable throughout the day.