diet on holiday

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
how many of you still eat clean when going on holiday or trips to visit family in a diffrent city do you find it easy or hard ?

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
It depends. For example, this Thanksgiving, I ate whatever. 1 bad day of eating isn't going to do that much damage when you are in off season mode like I am. On longer vacations, I usually pick and chose days or meals that I'll allow myself to cheat on. I don't make a whole a free for all, that's just asking for trouble. We usually get a room with at least a fridge, but more typically my family gets a room with a half or full kitchen and I take a cooler with food with me everywhere we go.

I've actually prepped while on vacation before and it's not that bad. Sure I missed having a night or 2 to enjoy some beer/wine and food, but quite frankly iut was oen of my all time favorite vacations.

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
i always take food with me but its hard as im on holiday so the brain always says have something bad but then i fight it and eat clean

mumbles12

Awards
how many of you still eat clean when going on holiday or trips to visit family in a diffrent city do you find it easy or hard ?

how long is the holiday??? wouldnt sweat it... eat what you want if its only a week... be a good change up for what your brain is expecting..

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
im away for a week at moment im eating clean but tempted to eat something nice

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless im in contest prep.. if i am going away for a day or two for whatever, i try to live my life like a normal, non bodybuilder fitness person. I eat what i want, when I want and just enjoy myself those few rare days a year.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Unless im in contest prep.. if i am going away for a day or two for whatever, i try to live my life like a normal, non bodybuilder fitness person. I eat what i want, when I want and just enjoy myself those few rare days a year.
Agree...IMO if you aren't in contest prep or even step on stage, then don't make yourself go insane on cheat meals, I wouldn't sweat the holidays only happens a few times a year...don't get me wrong nutrition is important if your a serious lifter, just gotta live life every now and then

67nova

Awards
Im not even a b/b but seldom give in to free meals.With the plan im on(diet/workouts)and possibly overtrained yet again,i actually need a break from the way i've been working out/eating to finally(i pray)to recover.

Main time i give in is on x-mas with a few cookies/candy but mainly stick to more pro/fat based foods to feed on.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Agree...IMO if you aren't in contest prep or even step on stage, then don't make yourself go insane on cheat meals, I wouldn't sweat the holidays only happens a few times a year...don't get me wrong nutrition is important if your a serious lifter, just gotta live life every now and then
One must be careful though to not let those 2 days turn into 4, then 7, then 2 weeks. Which is easy for the "normal/non bodybuilder/fitness" person. Structure is importatn to some people. Others can get away with just eating "whatever" for a few days then jumping back aboard. I tend to agree, but I still always pack food with me.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
I know what you mean..I was just talking about holidays man...other than holidays my diet is on point...I wasn't implying diet isn't as important if you aren't in contest prep

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
I think a few bad things are ok its when its everyday for weeks then the gains go fast

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
i managed to stay clean diet anyway so im happy

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I dirty my diet all the time with no hinder to gains, the holiday re-feeds were a blessing.