Bcaas and protein

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
So after wrestling practices some days I just have a moderate protein meal and have some bcaas to increase recovery. But other days when I'm having a pound of chicken at night is there any reason to take the bcaas those nights?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally wouldn't. A pound of chicken has roughly 100 g of protein, that should have plenty of aminos to cover your needs. As long as you are getting other protein other than that 100 g. 1-1.5 g per pound of body weight is the most common daily goal typically.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
So after wrestling practices some days I just have a moderate protein meal and have some bcaas to increase recovery. But other days when I'm having a pound of chicken at night is there any reason to take the bcaas those nights?
You will already be getting a pretty decent megadose of all your aminos with the chicken that there really wouldnt be need to add the bcaas. Personally i would probably just some probiotics or digestive enzymes to help your body absorb as much of the nutrients as possible. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
You will already be getting a pretty decent megadose of all your aminos with the chicken that there really wouldnt be need to add the bcaas. Personally i would probably just some probiotics or digestive enzymes to help your body absorb as much of the nutrients as possible. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
This is what I thought, I don't wanna waste my bcaa powder if there is no need

AlanUK26

AlanUK26

Awards
Yes good advice from everyone, there is more than enough protein in that amount of chicken so I wouldn't worry about the bcaas, just make sure you get them in after training.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Yes good advice from everyone, there is more than enough protein in that amount of chicken so I wouldn't worry about the bcaas, just make sure you get them in after training.
Thanks everybody

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
It's probably not necessary, however it's always ideal to get multiple sources of protein/amino acids, thus increasing the amino acid profile.

PrimiFit

Awards
I'd only use the BCAA's when there's no opportunity to eat real food before or after training, or if you're doing IF, or if you have an inferior protein source for the recovery meal.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def agree.. no need for extra amino's with that sort of intake.

Mike