Caloris intake

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
What is the best method to calculate how much cal I should take per day? Any formula or calculator for it? And are there cal. plans that I can take a look and see what I should it and how much. Since it's hard as hell for myself as newbie to make my own diet. Any help would be great!

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
This is HIGHLY individualistic. It also deals with your activity level and to a lesser extent, the timing and types of foods you are eating. A good starting spot though is taking your body X 13-15 for a male and 10-12 for a female and then adjusting. An easier approach for someone though might be to work with "macro" levels instead. For example consume 1.5 X body weight in grams for protein, 1 X body weight in grams for carbohydrate on training days and .75 X body weight in grams of carbs on off days. Consume your carbs with your first meal, 2nd meal, and post workout meal. Add 5-10 grams of EFA's to your other meals. From there you can adjust.

For example, a 180 pound man may do this:

270 g protein
180 g carbs (training days)/135 g carbs (off days)
25 Added Efa's

TRAINING DAY macro break down:
45 grams each meal (6 meals)
50 Carbs with meal 1
40 carbs with meal 2
30 carbs with meal 3
60 carbs post workout
Add 10 grams fat to your 2 non carb meals
Add 5 grams fat to one of your carb meals

On off day, simply increase fats by 5-10 grams and drop the carbs in your post workout meal, so that meal would be 45 protein and 5-10 grams added fats instead of 60 carbs.

Adjust carbs/cals accordingly if you are not gaining/losing, depending on your goals.

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
Hmm ehh yeah, OK. Thanks for the help, but can you put this in retard language please? Simple as it can be, please XD

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
You might benefit from getting an online trainer/coach or nutritionist that could help lay out your diet and then assist you for a few months as you work through it and learn what to do.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Google tdee calculator

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
You might benefit from getting an online trainer/coach or nutritionist that could help lay out your diet and then assist you for a few months as you work through it and learn what to do.
Hmm yes, this would be a nice thing. But are there people like that who would help you for free? Where would be the best place to start? And idea? Thanks for the advice.

Google tdee calculator
Thanks, I will check this out.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Hmm yes, this would be a nice thing. But are there people like that who would help you for free? Where would be the best place to start? And idea? Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, I will check this out.
For free, probably not. And if you do...you get what you pay for! Your health is something you never want to half ass when it comes to investing your time and money. You can find those diamond in the rough individuals that just really love what they do and have a good track record and assist you at a decent fee. But just realize these people make their living this way. They feed their families doing just that! Helping others! You can just walk into a mechanic shop and expect them to fix your car for free would you. Thy gotta get paid too. You may think its so practical it shouldnt cost an arm and leg, but since when was health science merely a practicality?? Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
For free, probably not. And if you do...you get what you pay for! Your health is something you never want to half ass when it comes to investing your time and money. You can find those diamond in the rough individuals that just really love what they do and have a good track record and assist you at a decent fee. But just realize these people make their living this way. They feed their families doing just that! Helping others! You can just walk into a mechanic shop and expect them to fix your car for free would you. Thy gotta get paid too. You may think its so practical it shouldnt cost an arm and leg, but since when was health science merely a practicality?? Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Great post! It's always funny how people will spend tons of money on a car to "soop" it up or buy the coolest clothes or shoes, etc... but will not think twice about spending a little extra money on their own health. Kind of off topic but I had a discussion with my wife about eating a certain food over another. The food I wanted to purchase was much healther, but was a bit more expensive. She wanted to save money, but the bottom line is you're going to pay for it sooner or later, either now, or later when you have health implications.

Now, your goal seems to be more cosmetic and that's cool. It's a goal. I'm a bodybuilder, my diet is based on health and obtaining goals to be the best bodybuilder possible. I coach/prep people, yet when it's time for my prep, I always hire a coach for an impartial eye and opinion. You can get lots of help from the forums, but for what you are asking a coach may be beneficial so you can learn what to do for yourself in the future.

mumbles12

Awards
Problem is with a lot of this Functional medicine stuff the proffessionals appear to be concerned primarily with running a very lucrative bussiness than they care about peoples health.. many of them come across as not giving a ****r really, and thats when people start to trail off and think its all marketing Bull imo..

There is too much contradictory information out there today, especially since the worldwide inception of the internet.

Great post! It's always funny how people will spend tons of money on a car to "soop" it up or buy the coolest clothes or shoes, etc... but will not think twice about spending a little extra money on their own health. Kind of off topic but I had a discussion with my wife about eating a certain food over another. The food I wanted to purchase was much healther, but was a bit more expensive. She wanted to save money, but the bottom line is you're going to pay for it sooner or later, either now, or later when you have health implications.

Now, your goal seems to be more cosmetic and that's cool. It's a goal. I'm a bodybuilder, my diet is based on health and obtaining goals to be the best bodybuilder possible. I coach/prep people, yet when it's time for my prep, I always hire a coach for an impartial eye and opinion. You can get lots of help from the forums, but for what you are asking a coach may be beneficial so you can learn what to do for yourself in the future.

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
Thanks for all the posts guys, very useful info :D

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the person. Such things as current lean body mass, sleep/work time of day, training time. BUT, given a fairly standard lifestyle of 9 to 5 work and early morning gym time, carbs late at night get digested and stored (and we all know what the body's storage system is, I hope.) Fuel is to be burned, and if it is not burned within the window available based on the glycemic index of the carb and the standard rate of digestion (2-4 hours), it stores as fat, making it harder to access as fuel later. it depends on the type and quantity of carbs that constitute "all your carbs". If your total of carbs is half a gram per pound of bodyweight, and all green vegetable, no prob. If "all your carbs is 3 to 4 grams per pound of body weight and they are starchy or very high glycemic, fat will be inevitable!
Good post. People need to realize they should eat for their activity level. I'm an elementary PE teacher currently. The last 6 years I was a high school health/PE teacher. I burnthrough calories much faster this year than I did even 5-6 years ago when I was in my early/mid 20's simply because I literally do'nt sit down all day, other than my 30-min lunch period and I"m so much more active with the little ones. In high school it was mostly standing or sitting working with kids in health. I had to up my morning carbs and lunch carbs to keep myself feeling fueled becaus an increase in activity.

Furthermore, training style should be taken into account. Someone doing low volume and little cardio needs far fewer carbs than someone doing cardio and high volume. I read a great article once by Lee Hayne I think and it talked about eating for your activity level. Great advice. Simple, yet often overlooked. If I had a desk job I'd keepo my carbs very low other than pre and post workout because the body is using fat for fuel when resting and any sugars left over in the blood would be stored as fat.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Its called tdee. I dont agree with the statement on carbs but to each is there own

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established