Never Bulked Before, Always Been Fat, Diet Help? :-/

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
I'm down to 180 from 280. I've done nothing since I've become interested in training and nutrition but cut, cut, cut. Now I've lost a hundred pounds, my top four abs are out, and it's time to bulk. I'm bulking instead of cutting more (I am not super-lean by ANY means) because I can't seem to get past 180 no matter WHAT. A CSCS buddy of my recommended putting on some lean mass, then try bringing out the last two abs again later. The added muscle will burn more fat. Also, if I were to cut anymore, I'd be downright skinny. So, I'm doing my first bulk. I gain fat easily, so it's SOMEWHAT moderate carbs, and not a crazy amount of cals, but I'm not sure if that's the right move. Here's what I've got:

Meal 1: 2 Scoops Protein
1/4 Cup Oats
4 Tbsp Natty Peanut Butter

Meal 2: 4 Eggs
Spinach Wrap

Meal 3: 2 Scoops Protein
3 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Meal 4: 4 Eggs
Spinach Wrap

Meal 5: 8oz. Chicken

Meal 6: 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

There will be green veggies in there. I don't count them towards anything, but there'll be broccoli, kale, spinach, and I take a fiber supplement.

The breakdown goes like this:

2,940 Calories
142g Fat
136g Carbs
280g Protein

...am I doing it right? :-/

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
subbed to learn me some diet info. congratulations on the weight loss, that's a huge achievement not many people have the determination and discipline to accomplish

you're diet definetly looks healthy, I've always kept carbs 40-50% during a bulk. 40/40/20,40/30/30ish. everybody is different though.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
As a former fat kid, who gains fat easily, how would everybody play this first bulk?

A.) Bulk with the low (135g) carbs

B.) Bulk with high (40%) carbs and deal with it later

C.) Bulk with high (40%) carbs and use a GDA

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
What r ur macros currently? My suggestion would be to add very slowly

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a former fat kid, who gains fat easily, how would everybody play this first bulk?

A.) Bulk with the low (135g) carbs

B.) Bulk with high (40%) carbs and deal with it later

C.) Bulk with high (40%) carbs and use a GDA
Never...ever...ever bulk. You don't need excessive amounts of carbohydrates to grow muscle.

50-100 or so grams post workout and trace amounts here and there during the day from vegetables. Unless you are an endurance athlete or work in a physically demanding job you have no need for excessive carbohydrates.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Macros currently are a 2,000-calorie keto diet. :-/

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
David Dunn sounds about right.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Bump-it.

The hair accessory.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
If you are on a keto diet then you need to SLOWLY incorporate carbs back into your diet. I'd drop your fat down a bit, depending on how much fat you are taking in now, and then add carbs to your first meal and post workout meal. Possibly 30-40 grams withmeal 1 and 50 with post workout meal. That will be about 320-400 cals depending on carb source and incidental protein/fat from those sources (if you use rice, oats, etc.../if you use sweet potato/potato you'll basically get no incidentals). I'd then subtract that many cals from your fat sources. After a week, add an additional 5 carbs to each of those meals. After another 7-14 days of that add a 3rd carb meal at 20-25 grams of carbs. After that week, if you are not gaining weight too much (fat), add 5 grams of carbs to that 3rd carb meal. Continue doing this.

Easiest way to do this would be to drop the fat from the meals you are adding carbs to and keep the fat in your othermeals.