Knowledge is Power - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Knowledge is Power

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    How did you get it in ebook?

I have it for my kindle. Do you have something that converts kindle book to PDF?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Yeah this is what I was wondering; I was looking for the ebook form before I bought the hard copy.
    There are vast amounts of pdf's on the internet just have to know where to look and be able to unpack .rar files.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Anybody know any good books that shed some light on the paleo diet for somebody that really doesn't know much about it?
    Perfect Health Diet; you can cop it on Amazon for like $12ish.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    There are vast amounts of pdf's on the internet just have to know where to look and be able to unpack .rar files.

- Valdez
    I just don't know where to look but unpacking .rar is easy enough; WinRAR
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anybody know any good books that shed some light on the paleo diet for somebody that really doesn't know much about it?
    http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Diet-Ath.../dp/1594860890
    ^I liked this book. The guy I borrowed it from is interesting: lightheavy NPC -> Chief of Police -> Yoga instructor. Never the less he knows nutrition.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  5. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Marksdailyapple.com

I much prefer sissions approach as opposed to others like Cordain, Wolfe, etc. He has a book but browsing his main site should provide enough for a basic foundation.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Marksdailyapple.com

I much prefer sissions approach as opposed to others like Cordain, Wolfe, etc. He has a book but browsing his main site should provide enough for a basic foundation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    This. And his book, The Primal Blueprint.

The bulletproof executive is cool as well
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Marksdailyapple.com

Or just RobbWolf he is a bit more anti aging/helping the sick people, but his recent stuff takes consideration to those of us who like to lift heavy, lift often.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  8. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just bought the perfect health diet. I wish they had it in ebook/pdf but hardcover will do just fine.I dont have a kindle

It actually seems to be very well thought out.

Thanks JJ
    Lots of interesting stuff in there. Breast milk chapter, self canabilism, mamilian diets, etc. Admittedly the first section is probably not up to oar scientifically with the rest of the book. Its a lot of evolutionary based theories and guesses and he tries really hard to connect dots but I still found it interesting to read. The second section is where the actual diet comes into play. Here he cites plenty of references that you an look up and has much better evidence to support his stance. I never got around to the third section on micronutrients but have been meaning too

Lemme know what you think of it jiggz

9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anyone ever do any research, or have any papers on candida infection, I have had acid reflux for about 8 years along with many of the other symptoms. A lot of doctors say its bunk, but I've never really trusted the western worlds views on a lot of medical conditions.

I started a glutein free diet for the first time 3 days ago and I would have to say I feel pretty good. No more bloating after meals and I don't feel as gasy. I also eat seaonaly I refuse to buy strawberries in january, they taste like sour styrofoam.

I have watched most of the food doc's, im a cook by trade so food is a big part of my life. I make most if not all my food by hand, I don't trust the food industry at all.

I find the junk food is cheaper then healthy food debate to be a joke. My wife had me go to the store a few weeks back and buy a bag of chips for a party it was 5 bucks !!! I spend about 50 every two weeks at my produce market and that fills the cart.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  10. Pro Virili Parte

As in yeast infection?

Try a keto-ish approach. Your already in track with avoiding gluten but I would go further to avoid all glucose and fructose. Stick with green fibrous veggies, eat lots of red meat & eggs, avoid dairy, increase intake of coconut oil and supplement with a probiotic and any other micro nutrients you don't feel you are getting from diet. Carbs (sugar) are just going to feed the yest and not really help any. Yeast weakens the lining of your intestines, eating gluten will only worsen this problem.

If this approach helps your yeast problem then I would stick with it for a while before adding carbs back in and would look to starting with starchy carbs like potatoes at first.

Best of luck

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Marksdailyapple.com

Mark Sisson helped write the "Perfect health Diet" didn't he?
  12. Pro Virili Parte

No just the intro I think

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

No just the intro I think

When my book arrives i'll read it and see what new/ alternative insight he provides on the website.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

The art of war is always a good read
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What motivates me is the fact that many people think they understand food because they read the healthy food guide; when all it really does is show the editors prejudice toward particular food groups and reinforce ideologies that many people already have, rather than oppose general consensus and seek to find how food really behaves in the body.

Ah the diversity of nutirition, so much you can explore. Time to start a blog
    i read tony little's modern day nutrition, been making gains ever since
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Any of you get a chance to read this one yet? I have to say so far it has been a pretty good read

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Any of you get a chance to read this one yet? I have to say so far it has been a pretty good read.

Interestingly enough the author does say that the anabolic window for protein is crucial. Not just for protein synthesis but to also minimize using protein as a fuel instead of protein synthesis. I know a lot of people have gotten away from that so I was kind of surprised to see him advocating it.

He also says that we shouldn't consume more than 20-25 g protein post workout; tying into protein being used up as energy. Optimal amount being only 10-20 g from high quality sources i.e., food vs shake.

- Valdez
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

When my book arrives i'll read it and see what new/ alternative insight he provides on the website.
    Sorry bro the version I have is password protected with the password not being provided. When I get a good copy I'll send it your way.

- Valdez
  19. Pro Virili Parte

Any of you get a chance to read this one yet? I have to say so far it has been a pretty good read.

Interestingly enough the author does say that the anabolic window for protein is crucial. Not just for protein synthesis but to also minimize using protein as a fuel instead of protein synthesis. I know a lot of people have gotten away from that so I was kind of surprised to see him advocating it.

He also says that we shouldn't consume more than 20-25 g protein post workout; tying into protein being used up as energy. Optimal amount being only 10-20 g from high quality sources i.e., food vs shake.

- Valdez
    Anabolic window.. I dunno about crucial. I would say its meh..

What's wrong with using protein as fuel? As long as your maintaining a positive nitrogen balance why does it matter if some protein is being converted to glucose?

You have the book in PDF?

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

- Valdez
    That's the great debate, isn't it. I'm not sure a blanket philosophy like that is appropriate for all ages/genders/weights/goals. A 250lb man surely has different nutritional needs than a 140lb woman. So when someone eats a steak or a chicken breast after a workout, as those can certainly have > 30g protein, what is the problem?
    Really, 10-20g post workout? 40-80 calories? Sounds fishy
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Anabolic window.. I dunno about crucial. I would say its meh..

What's wrong with using protein as fuel? As long as your maintaining a positive nitrogen balance why does it matter if some protein is being converted to glucose?

You have the book in PDF?

Yea I didn't send it to you?

- Valdez
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    That's the great debate, isn't it. I'm not sure a blanket philosophy like that is appropriate for all ages/genders/weights/goals. A 250lb man surely has different nutritional needs than a 140lb woman. So when someone eats a steak or a chicken breast after a workout, as those can certainly have > 30g protein, what is the problem?
    Really, 10-20g post workout? 40-80 calories? Sounds fishy
    Its interesting to say the least, considering the man is writing textbooks for college courses.

- Valdez
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Any of you get a chance to read this one yet? I have to say so far it has been a pretty good read

- Valdez
    I've just started going through it.

Oh and I startback at uni in 3 weeks; should have that code for you around that time.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

- Valdez
    I've read quite good things on protein synthesis etc. in that clinical sports nutrition book; honestly it is a very good read. It was pretty expensive (got it new for $100ish) but someone with a hardcore thrist for nutrition would love it. But it does get VERY technical; i.e. delve into a lot more than your average text book (i.e. goes into the way things interact in the body and trigger what response etc.). It advocates for consuming protein (with carbs) post workout for a host of reasons however other studies (JJ posted one) advocate for a much higher protein intake post (or at least confirm the body is capable of absobing more)
  25. Pro Virili Parte

Yea I didn't send it to you?

- Valdez

No, I will PM you my email

I've read quite good things on protein synthesis etc. in that clinical sports nutrition book; honestly it is a very good read. It was pretty expensive (got it new for $100ish) but someone with a hardcore thrist for nutrition would love it.
    Which book is this? The one Valdez posted above?

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

No, I will PM you my email

Which book is this? The one Valdez posted above?

Nah its a different one; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007...2KDG5D94XENJ2H

Heres a little review http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3364071/

Great book; but expensive
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Nah its a different one; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007...2KDG5D94XENJ2H

Heres a little review http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3364071/

Great book; but expensive
    Same author

- Valdez
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Same author

- Valdez
    Ahh right, thats right. I remember that you stumbled accross this looking for the other one

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lg slim is powerful stuff
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
  2. Monsterbox is powered by P-Plex
    By monsterbox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
  3. Sustanon 250 is a well powerful drug
    By almightytez in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1