Knowledge is Power

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. I'll put that on my list, almost done with my current read completely unrelated.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

    I've read protein power so I'll have to give that one a try as well. Thanks for the heads up.

    I started that movie fat head but lost interest about 25 min in lol. When does the importance start to show?

    - Valdez
    Yeah, its alot of talking but stick it out. Its good info
    •   
       

  3. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Yeah, its alot of talking but stick it out. Its good info
    Cool I'll try it out again. Thanks again man

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  4. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    "Fat Head" movie. Pretty sure you can watch it on YouTube. This movie is IMPORTANT
    Books: The art and Science of low Carb diets" by volek and phinney.
    They also wrote a book for low Carb athletes.
    I found The art and science of low Carb living: An expert guide to making the life saving benefits of carbohydrate restriction sustainable and enjoyable

    I assume that's it right? Book is only $10 for the kindle

    I also found their other book "The art and science of low carbohydrate performance" as well. This one was $6!

    I ordered them both and will give them a read once I am finished reading my current book "Perfect health diet" which so far has been a great book

    Thanks again for those recommendations, I have been a fan of voleks research and never knew he had written a book.
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I found The art and science of low Carb living: An expert guide to making the life saving benefits of carbohydrate restriction sustainable and enjoyable

    I assume that's it right? Book is only $10 for the kindle

    I also found their other book "The art and science of low carbohydrate performance" as well. This one was $6!

    I ordered them both and will give them a read once I am finished reading my current book "Perfect health diet" which so far has been a great book

    Thanks again for those recommendations, I have been a fan of voleks research and never knew he had written a book.
    Will def be picking both of these up

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Forks over knives is a biased movie which purposefully misrepresents data in order to sell you on their pre conceived reality.

    Being a vegetarian is not intrinsicly healthier than an omnivores diet.
    This. In fact it may cause you to subsequently be micronutrient deficient in regards to Iron & b12. But i'm all for vegetarian based diets so long as it's not the " its healthier" misconception, but rather an ethical or religious choice.

    Anyway; Fat head is an interesting doco which sheds another viewpoint on the whole cholesterol debate. Honestly i'm now in a place where i'm not sure what to believe haha. I might have to give some of these books a read.

    I know this isn't a reading book per say but this is one of the best text books I have ever read in regards to nutrition; Clinical Sports Nutrition (the newest edition)
  7. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    This. In fact it may cause you to subsequently be micronutrient deficient in regards to Iron & b12. But i'm all for vegetarian based diets so long as it's not the " its healthier" misconception, but rather an ethical or religious choice.

    Anyway; Fat head is an interesting doco which sheds another viewpoint on the whole cholesterol debate. Honestly i'm now in a place where i'm not sure what to believe haha. I might have to give some of these books a read.

    I know this isn't a reading book per say but this is one of the best text books I have ever read in regards to nutrition; Clinical Sports Nutrition (the newest edition)
    Where did you track that down? Pdf?

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Where did you track that down? Pdf?

    - Valdez
    The clinical one? I have it in hard copy. Amazon I think has it for $74ish. Well worth it imo.
    There might be a PDF around, i'll see if I can find one.

    http://www.amazon.com/Clinical-Sport.../dp/0070277206
  9. Re: Knowledge is Power


    I've been searching since you posted to no avail. I did however find the complete guide to food for sports performance. Pm me if interested

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  10. Re: Knowledge is Power


    - Valdez
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I've been searching since you posted to no avail. I did however find the complete guide to food for sports performance. Pm me if interested

    - Valdez
    And by the same author, intrigued. Btw, off topic but you should check out this book http://www.humankinetics.com/product...ng-3rd-edition

    I think I still have acess to the e-book that I can send your way once I get home from holiday. Maybe I can trade ya
  12. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Yes sir a trade is in order, most definitely

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  13. I wanna trade books
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  14. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I wanna trade books
    I have a TON of pdfs!!! All on my phone. Whenever I'm dragged anywhere with my chick or get bored I just pull out my phone and read. Its nice

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I have a TON of pdfs!!! All on my phone. Whenever I'm dragged anywhere with my chick or get bored I just pull out my phone and read. Its nice

    - Valdez
    I have tons of PDFs on nutrition and training. I put them on my phone for easy reading while on my way to work. I usually keep them on Google Drive. Hit me up.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  16. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I have tons of PDFs on nutrition and training. I put them on my phone for easy reading while on my way to work. I usually keep them on Google Drive. Hit me up.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    You ride on a bus or carpool, right?

    Consider you hit up!

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    You ride on a bus or carpool, right?

    Consider you hit up!

    - Valdez
    Horse and buggy actually. LOL.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  18. Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  19. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    I have 750 ebooks lol

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
  20. Re: Knowledge is Power


    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    Absolutely brilliant idea... Put them in here. Knowledge is power is a fitting name for such a nerd fest


    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I have 750 ebooks lol
    That's all?!
    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App


    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  21. I will index the more appropriate ebooks for this forum in a bit.

    Plenty of bb'ing ones but poor quality.

    In for clear pdf's

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  22. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I will index the more appropriate ebooks for this forum in a bit.

    Plenty of bb'ing ones but poor quality.

    In for clear pdf's

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    Most of mine are good, some are glitchy but readable.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  23. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    Good idea. I'll see what I can dig up from my hard drive

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Good idea. I'll see what I can dig up from my hard drive
    I bet he's got some goodies.

    OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  25. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I bet he's got some goodies.

    OS-Team AppNut
    I have some, but nowhere near the number that these guys have lol. But I have some that I have obtained through uni which I found helpful.

    750 is madness haha
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lg slim is powerful stuff
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
  2. Monsterbox is powered by P-Plex
    By monsterbox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
  3. Sustanon 250 is a well powerful drug
    By almightytez in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Log in
Log in