Knowledge is Power

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Forks over knives is a biased movie which purposefully misrepresents data in order to sell you on their pre conceived reality.

Being a vegetarian is not intrinsicly healthier than an omnivores diet.
    This. In fact it may cause you to subsequently be micronutrient deficient in regards to Iron & b12. But i'm all for vegetarian based diets so long as it's not the " its healthier" misconception, but rather an ethical or religious choice.

Anyway; Fat head is an interesting doco which sheds another viewpoint on the whole cholesterol debate. Honestly i'm now in a place where i'm not sure what to believe haha. I might have to give some of these books a read.

I know this isn't a reading book per say but this is one of the best text books I have ever read in regards to nutrition; Clinical Sports Nutrition (the newest edition)

2. Re: Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    This. In fact it may cause you to subsequently be micronutrient deficient in regards to Iron & b12. But i'm all for vegetarian based diets so long as it's not the " its healthier" misconception, but rather an ethical or religious choice.

Anyway; Fat head is an interesting doco which sheds another viewpoint on the whole cholesterol debate. Honestly i'm now in a place where i'm not sure what to believe haha. I might have to give some of these books a read.

I know this isn't a reading book per say but this is one of the best text books I have ever read in regards to nutrition; Clinical Sports Nutrition (the newest edition)
    Where did you track that down? Pdf?

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Where did you track that down? Pdf?

- Valdez
    The clinical one? I have it in hard copy. Amazon I think has it for $74ish. Well worth it imo.
    There might be a PDF around, i'll see if I can find one.

http://www.amazon.com/Clinical-Sport.../dp/0070277206
  4. Re: Knowledge is Power

I've been searching since you posted to no avail. I did however find the complete guide to food for sports performance. Pm me if interested

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
  5. Re: Knowledge is Power

- Valdez
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I've been searching since you posted to no avail. I did however find the complete guide to food for sports performance. Pm me if interested

- Valdez
    And by the same author, intrigued. Btw, off topic but you should check out this book http://www.humankinetics.com/product...ng-3rd-edition

I think I still have acess to the e-book that I can send your way once I get home from holiday. Maybe I can trade ya
  7. Re: Knowledge is Power

Yes sir a trade is in order, most definitely

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

8. I wanna trade books
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Re: Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I wanna trade books
    I have a TON of pdfs!!! All on my phone. Whenever I'm dragged anywhere with my chick or get bored I just pull out my phone and read. Its nice

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

10. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I have a TON of pdfs!!! All on my phone. Whenever I'm dragged anywhere with my chick or get bored I just pull out my phone and read. Its nice

- Valdez
    I have tons of PDFs on nutrition and training. I put them on my phone for easy reading while on my way to work. I usually keep them on Google Drive. Hit me up.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  11. Re: Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I have tons of PDFs on nutrition and training. I put them on my phone for easy reading while on my way to work. I usually keep them on Google Drive. Hit me up.

-OS-Team AppNut
    You ride on a bus or carpool, right?

Consider you hit up!

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

12. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    You ride on a bus or carpool, right?

Consider you hit up!

- Valdez
    Horse and buggy actually. LOL.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

13. Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    PESCIENCE.COM

14. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    I have 750 ebooks lol

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
  15. Re: Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Guys want to create a index of whats available for trades? Also include anything your looking for. I literally have thousands of books.. Im a nerd at heart
    Absolutely brilliant idea... Put them in here. Knowledge is power is a fitting name for such a nerd fest

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I have 750 ebooks lol
    That's all?!
    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

16. I will index the more appropriate ebooks for this forum in a bit.

Plenty of bb'ing ones but poor quality.

In for clear pdf's

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

17. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I will index the more appropriate ebooks for this forum in a bit.

Plenty of bb'ing ones but poor quality.

In for clear pdf's

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    Most of mine are good, some are glitchy but readable.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka

18. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Good idea. I'll see what I can dig up from my hard drive

19. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Good idea. I'll see what I can dig up from my hard drive
    I bet he's got some goodies.

OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka

20. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I bet he's got some goodies.

OS-Team AppNut
    I have some, but nowhere near the number that these guys have lol. But I have some that I have obtained through uni which I found helpful.

750 is madness haha
  21. Re: actions of various human hormones!

Just read "Perfect Health Diet" by Jaminet. It was a good read and I would reccomend

Just got both of Voleks books but am going to read this book "The Field" which was reccomended to me by a friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

22. I just posted this thread, thought it would be fitting to mention about toxins in food/farming:
    Midwest droughts and aflotoxins

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka

23. Subbed just started a degree in nutrition (more clinical based) but very interested in discussion or free PDFs

24. Btw a great website to watch a ton of free documentarys www.topdocumentaryfilms.com
  25. Re: Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Subbed just started a degree in nutrition (more clinical based) but very interested in discussion or free PDFs
    Nice man! RD???

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Btw a great website to watch a ton of free documentarys www.topdocumentaryfilms.com
    Hell yea nice contribution thanks brother!!!!

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

26. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Nice man! RD???

Hell yea nice contribution thanks brother!!!!

- Valdez
    A little unsure of the exact direction I'd like to take with it but RD is the initial goal. After that maybe more of a focus in sports/athletic related nutrition but all in good time!

27. Nutrition is one of my favourite things to study; seemingly obvious yet so complex. Everything at first seems black and white but the more you delve into it, the more grey it becomes.

Gotta love it.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Nutrition is one of my favourite things to study; seemingly obvious yet so complex. Everything at first seems black and white but the more you delve into it, the more grey it becomes.

Gotta love it.
    I love the experiment - if I eat this, what happens? What makes me leaner, what helps my recovery, what fills my muscles more? Also with that I'm always interested in my certain ethnic or religious groups choose certain foods or dietary lifestyles. There's obviously a reason for doing so that's meant to be beneficial to health - so what is it doing?
    At the same time I like reading about the economic/political side of things even though it usually sends me into an outrage.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka

29. Just picked up " In Defense of Food" from my local library. Looking foward to reading it

30. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I love the experiment - if I eat this, what happens? What makes me leaner, what helps my recovery, what fills my muscles more? Also with that I'm always interested in my certain ethnic or religious groups choose certain foods or dietary lifestyles. There's obviously a reason for doing so that's meant to be beneficial to health - so what is it doing?
    At the same time I like reading about the economic/political side of things even though it usually sends me into an outrage.

-OS-Team AppNut
    What motivates me is the fact that many people think they understand food because they read the healthy food guide; when all it really does is show the editors prejudice toward particular food groups and reinforce ideologies that many people already have, rather than oppose general consensus and seek to find how food really behaves in the body.

Ah the diversity of nutirition, so much you can explore. Time to start a blog
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lg slim is powerful stuff
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
  2. Monsterbox is powered by P-Plex
    By monsterbox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
  3. Sustanon 250 is a well powerful drug
    By almightytez in forum Anabolics