What is your favorite cheat meal?

Page 59 of 138 First ... 54575859606164 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by theOCdude View Post
    My mom makes me my own pumpkin pie during thanksgiving so anything pumpkin I love.
    100% jealous, my mom would fail miserably at making a pumpkin pie alone.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  89 lbs.
    Answers

Thx Demgluetz. Been over 10 yrs now. A few fav's would have to be: Stiff-Leg Deads, Feet 2gether presses, Every aspect of Lunges and of course Squats. Start a new thread if u wanna chat buds!

Name:  image-3641397418.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  544.1 KB

Shells are a certain Fav!!!

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Haha its not. after eating competitions its not a pretty sight the damage you can do to a toilet, i have done 3 of them. I know that feel.
    It's a love/hate relationship

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Whole pizza with a bunch of bags of gummies

5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wayne View Post
    Whole pizza with a bunch of bags of gummies
    Sour gummy worms and jelly bellies.

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Fuzzy peach, used to be my favorite part of Halloween.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!

7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Grimaldi's Pizza!!!

8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Sour gummy worms in Dirt..
    Best dessert ever.

9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Sour gummy worms in Dirt..
    Best dessert ever.
    Reminds me of a special at a local ice cream shop here, all made in house and delicious. The dirt cup, chocolate ice cream with fudge and peanut butter layers topped with Oreo bits to look like dirt, and they stick a few gummy worms in the top for effect. I will snag a pic next time I go. Was addicted as a kid
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!

10. New Member
    Answers

44oz Root beer float with Jumbo pack of gummy worms tossed in

11. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by krazyg3o View Post
    44oz Root beer float with Jumbo pack of gummy worms tossed in
    How did you ever come up with that?

Epic cheat diabetic coma meal

12. New Member
    Answers

That used to be my reward for running the mile I'm high school. Itwas one of the first events and I had nothing afterward. Coma was nice

13. Professional Member
    Answers

Only a few more days before my refeed! Anyone else like ketchup chips? Omnomnom.
    Squats do a booty good.

14. New Member
    Answers

Gonna have to try those

15. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Only a few more days before my refeed! Anyone else like ketchup chips? Omnomnom.
    Ketchup! Nasty mustard all the way.

16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I absolutely hate mustard with a passion.
    Ketchup or BBQ Sauce Anyday

Cheat meal incoming tomorrow

PB World Ben n Jerry's, Chicken Ranch Pizza

yes please

Down 12 pounds in 8 weeks!

17. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by krazyg3o View Post
    Gonna have to try those
    Make sure to get Herr's, not Lays. Might be harder to find, but imo, taste way better!
    Squats do a booty good.

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers

I absolutely hate mustard with a passion.
    Ketchup or BBQ Sauce Anyday
    Agreed. The only mustard I can handle and sometimes enjoy is the spicy kind. Regular mustard is the worst thing ever made.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html

19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Wait what do you consider regular mustard? Dijon is true mustard, then you have the delicious whole grain mustard. Then you have the American mustard (french's) which has turmeric in it which makes it so yellow.

Dijon is the king of condiments most all sauces contain it, same with vinaigrettes. Plus it's amazing on a hot dog or pretzel.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    Wait what do you consider regular mustard? Dijon is true mustard, then you have the delicious whole grain mustard. Then you have the American mustard (french's) which has turmeric in it which makes it so yellow.

Dijon is the king of condiments most all sauces contain it, same with vinaigrettes. Plus it's amazing on a hot dog or pretzel.
    Love Dijon goes into all my marinades for meat

21. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

Make sure to get Herr's, not Lays. Might be harder to find, but imo, taste way better!
    Right on, thanks for the heads up

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

If i taste any mustard (even a small touch of it) on anything i have ever had i had to throw whatever it was away. Honesetly its just too strong IMO, everyone is different i just cannot handle it

Cracking into this tomorrow:

Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
    Peanut Butter Swirls
    Cookie Swirls

Oh yes!

23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

If i taste any mustard (even a small touch of it) on anything i have ever had i had to throw whatever it was away. Honesetly its just too strong IMO, everyone is different i just cannot handle it

Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
    Peanut Butter Swirls
    Cookie Swirls

Oh yes!
    Question

How many times do you "cheat" a week? Ive got my bulk coming.. im thinking of cheating twice a week on my high carb days.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
    MAGNITROPIN/ALPHADEX/PRYOXAMINE/NITRAMINE

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

once a week.
    If you have high carb days (Assuming carb cycle)
    why even cheat? With higher carbs you can nearly make anything you want.. lasagna, any forms of pasta.. ravaoli.. etc etc..
    If you want pizza, use fresh dough, sauce, cheese etc... Simple and easy.

I keep my calories nearly the same everyday (drop 25g of carbs on non training days) and just replace one meal a week with whatever. usually some entree and ice cream.

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

once a week.
    If you have high carb days (Assuming carb cycle)
    why even cheat? With higher carbs you can nearly make anything you want.. lasagna, any forms of pasta.. ravaoli.. etc etc..
    If you want pizza, use fresh dough, sauce, cheese etc... Simple and easy.

I keep my calories nearly the same everyday (drop 25g of carbs on non training days) and just replace one meal a week with whatever. usually some entree and ice cream.
    Gotcha. Yea i carb cycle. I cheat because i eat rather clean... who doesnt like ice cream?
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP

26. New Member
    Answers

Hell Ya that peanut butter ice cream is calling my name. Ugh I'm so torn about what to have for my cheat meal

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

San Diego county fair is here and they have chic covered bacon!! ill prolly eat that with deep fried Oreos and top it off with funnel cake!!! once a year only go big or go home

28. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
    Peanut Butter Swirls
    Cookie Swirls

Oh yes!
    THE BEST BEN AND JERRY'S FLAVOR EVER!!

Love peanut butter world and coffee Heath bar crunch!

29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Gotcha. Yea i carb cycle. I cheat because i eat rather clean... who doesnt like ice cream?
    What the hell does clean mean?

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/

"All-or-Nothing Dieting & Eating Disorder Risk

In 1997, a general physician named Steven Bratman coined the term orthorexia nervosa [21], which he defines as, “an unhealthy obsession with eating healthy food.” It reminds me of the counterproductive dietary perfectionism I’ve seen among many athletes, trainers, and coaches. One of the fundamental pitfalls of dichotomizing foods as good or bad, or clean or dirty, is that it can form a destructive relationship with food. This isn’t just an empty claim; it’s been seen in research. Smith and colleagues found that flexible dieting was associated with the absence of overeating, lower bodyweight, and the absence of depression and anxiety [22]. They also found that a strict all-or-nothing approach to dieting was associated with overeating and increased bodyweight. Similarly, Stewart and colleagues found that rigid dieting was associated with symptoms of an eating disorder, mood disturbances, and anxiety [23]. Flexible dieting was not highly correlated with these qualities. Although these are observational study designs with self-reported data, anyone who spends enough time among fitness buffs knows that these findings are not off the mark.

Applying Moderation: The 10-20% Guideline

For those hoping that I’ll tell you to have fun eating whatever you want, you’re in luck. But, like everything in life, you’ll have to moderate your indulgence, and the 10-20% guideline is the best way I’ve found to do this. There currently is no compelling evidence suggesting that a diet whose calories are 80-90% from whole & minimally processed foods is not prudent enough for maximizing health, longevity, body composition, or training performance. As a matter of fact, research I just discussed points to the possibility that it’s more psychologically sound to allow a certain amount of flexibility for indulgences rather than none at all. And just to reiterate, processed does not always mean devoid of nutritional value. Whey and whey/casein blends are prime examples of nutritional powerhouses that happen to be removed from their original food matrix.

Use the 10-20% discretionary intake rule and enjoy life a bit.
    The 10-20% guideline isn’t only something I’ve used successfully with clients; it’s also within the bounds of research. Aside from field observations, there are three lines of evidence that happen to concur with this guideline. I’ll start with the most liberal one and work my way down. The current Dietary Reference Intakes report by Food & Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine lists the upper limit of added sugars as 25% of total calories [24]. Similarly, an exhaustive literature review by Gibson and colleagues found that 20% of total calories from added sugars is roughly the maximum amount that won’t adversely dilute the diet’s concentration of essential micronutrition [25]. Keep in mind that both of these figures are in reference to refined, extrinsic sugars, not naturally occurring sugars within whole foods like fruit or milk. Finally, the USDA has attempted to teach moderation with their concept of the discretionary calorie allotment, defined as follows [26]:

“…the difference between total energy requirements and the energy consumed to meet recommended nutrient intakes.”

Basically, discretionary calories comprise the margin of leftover calories that can be used flexibly once essential nutrient needs are met. Coincidentally, the USDA’s discretionary calorie allotment averages at approximately 10-20% of total calories [27]. Take note that discretionary calories are not just confined to added sugars. Any food or beverage is fair game. The USDA’s system is still far from perfect, since it includes naturally-occurring fats in certain foods as part of the discretionary calorie allotment. This is an obvious holdover from the fat-phobic era that the USDA clings to, despite substantial evidence to the contrary [28].

It’s important to keep in mind that protein and fat intake should not be compromised for the sake of fitting discretionary foods into the diet. In other words, make sure discretionary intake doesn’t consistently displace essential micro- & macronutrient needs, and this includes minimum daily protein and fat targets, which vary individually. This may be tough to accept, but alcohol is not an essential nutrient. Its risks can swiftly trump its benefits if it’s consumed in excess, so it falls into the discretionary category.

10% Versus 20%

Another legitimate question is why I’ve listed the discretionary range as 10-20% rather than just listing it as a maximum of 20%. This is because energy balance matters. In bulking scenarios, maintaining a 20% limit could potentially pose health risks that are already elevated by the process of weight gain, which in some cases involves a certain amount of fat gain. Conversely, weight loss tends to be an inherently cardioprotective process, independent of diet composition [29]. So, the 20% limit is more appropriate for those either losing or maintaining weight. Those who are gaining weight but want to play it safe should hover towards the lower & middle of the range (10-15%). Another factor that can influence the upper safe threshold is physical activity level. I’ll quote Johnson & Murray in a recent review [30]:

“Obesity and metabolic syndrome are rare among athletes, even though dietary fructose intake is often high, underscoring the robust protective role of regular exercise.”

In the above quote, you can substitute any controversial food or nutrient in place of the word fructose, and the same principle would apply. A greater range of dietary flexibility is one of the luxuries of regular training. Sedentary individuals do not have the same level of safeguarding from the potentially adverse effects of a higher proportion of indulgence foods. And just in case it wasn’t made clear enough, 10-20% indicates the maximum, not minimum discretionary allotment. If someone strives to consume 0% of calories from any food that’s been processed or refined from its original state, then that’s perfectly fine – as long as this is the person’s genuine preference, and not a painful battle of will. I’d also like to make it clear that there is still plenty of grey area in the study of dietary effects on health. As such, the nature and extent of the miscellaneous or rule-free food allotment is a delicate judgment call. In this case, it’s wise to keep scientific research at the head of the judging panel, but don’t ignore personal experience & individual feedback.

Final Note: Linear Versus Nonlinear Distribution

A legitimate question is, what’s the best way to distribute discretionary calories? Should they be confined to a daily limit, or can it be a weekly limit? The best answer is to let personal preference decide. If we use a 2000 kcal diet as an example, a flat/linear approach would mean that 200-400 kcal per day can come from whatever you want, while meeting essential needs otherwise in the diet. Weekly, this translates to 1400-2800 kcal, depending on the factors I previously discussed. One nonlinear option would be to break the weekly allotment in half, where 2 days per week you indulge in 700-1400 kcal of whatever you want, keeping the remaining 5 days relatively Spartan. Again, there is no universally superior method of distributing the discretionary allotment. The same principle applies to the choice of foods to fulfill it. Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition. And that’s the nitty-gritty as I see it."

30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

It took me a long time to learn this on my own. But reading that a few weeks ago reinforced that I'm doing pretty OK

31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

where 2 days per week you indulge in 700-1400 kcal of whatever you want, keeping the remaining 5 days relatively Spartan.

Essentially what i do. Thats "what the hell it means"
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP

32. New Member
    Answers

When I go on a strict calorie restriction for a few weeks with carbs to a minimum, I always crave anything thats loaded with carbs/sugar. My favorite cheat meal is definitely a cinnamon roll from cinnabon. ****, one time I ate a whole box of six cinnabon cinnamon rolls. It was something like 10,000 calories haha. I get baaadd

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JoePavino1 View Post
    When I go on a strict calorie restriction for a few weeks with carbs to a minimum, I always crave anything thats loaded with carbs/sugar. My favorite cheat meal is definitely a cinnamon roll from cinnabon. ****, one time I ate a whole box of six cinnabon cinnamon rolls. It was something like 10,000 calories haha. I get baaadd
    Dang! You ate a box of six?! One makes my stomach hurt lol but they are good
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Dang! You ate a box of six?! One makes my stomach hurt lol but they are good
    only six?
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Not sure if y'all have Giordano's pizza but I knock down 3/4 of a large deep dish with a layer of sausage under the cheese. My wife and daughters divy up the remaining 1/4 amongst themselves

36. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Not sure if y'all have Giordano's pizza but I knock down 3/4 of a large deep dish with a layer of sausage under the cheese. My wife and daughters divy up the remaining 1/4 amongst themselves
    I want my Chicago deep dish back!

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Please stop....I go to college 40 minutes west of chicago and I have been craving Giordanos...only bad thing is I'm back home in indiana for the summer. Damn I think I might have to go buy one of their frozen ones. They're not as good but they're still pretty damn good. Hmmm...but all this ice cream you guys talk about makes me want to try that peanut butter world ben and jerrys. Decisions, decisons.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html

38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

If i ever go to chicago this is a must....

39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers

If i ever go to chicago this is a must....
    Go there, seriously. Also, hit up portillos or als beef. @ portillos try the chocolate cake shake for dessert. It is so sweet and rich it almost makes you sick, but its pretty damn good.

40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Go there, seriously. Also, hit up portillos or als beef. @ portillos try the chocolate cake shake for dessert. It is so sweet and rich it almost makes you sick, but its pretty damn good.
    Work Schedule + Real life.
    Going on vacation for 11 days next month

Denver - 3 days for a wedding
    Grand Junction - To see cousins (who are in the wedding) 2 days
    Idaho - Log Cabin (Uncles) 2 days
    Salt lake City - 2 Days
    Yellowstone - 2 days

Hows that ?

We are going to a few man vs food resturants and Diners/Drive in and Dives places as well.

Should be a good time!!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is your favorite TV show?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
  2. What is your favorite ALL THE WHEY FLAVOR of WPI?
    By Big Matt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 10:37 AM
  3. What is your favorite CHEAT food.
    By somewhatgifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 06:39 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 06:34 PM