1. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

yeah my mom can cook pretty much the following
    Pasta + Meatsauce or meatballs
    Mac and Cheese
    Beef/Chicken Stirfry's
    Rice Bowls
    grilled cheese
    Burgers/Hot Dogs/Steaks etc on the grill

honestly basic stuff like this, if i asked her to make something special she would probably make me a steak and loaded baked potato hah
    Lol. I love to cook and bake. My mom is a great cook as well. We don't usually go out to eat with my husband we only do it 2 times in a month. I usually make big badges of baked chicken breast, green beans, broccoli, 99% lean ground beef patties, and we eat tuna or sometimes fish. Our diet is very basic. We are both trying to lose weight and gain muscle so as far as of making yummy meals we really don't, lol. We're happy though with this clean eating. Our coaches have done a good job with our meal plans. I did enjoy though my chicken or ham wraps. My favorite turbo wraps. It's basically a wheat tortilla, 1/2 cup of red beans, pico de gallo and 1/2 an avocado. Pour in some franks sauce and wow it felt like heaven. Haven't had those in a while! You can also add cilantro. Yum O

2. Rice and Kim Chee, meatballs, I can also eat endless bacon and potato chips, have to keep that stuff out of the house most of the time.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
    •   

3. Good friday dinner

Vietnamese crepes filled with sauteed bean sprouts and mushrooms, sweet chili sauce spooned on top, sticky rice with pieces of bbq pork and peas, tofu vermicelli with broccoli, egg rolls, papaya salad

Followed by 2 heaping bowls of Vietnamese beef stew, cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley, piece of baguette. I added in rice and vermicelli to the remainder of my soup bowl as well.

Ended with coconut and vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Have leftovers in the fridge and trying to keep away!
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Vietnamese? wow looks interesting, never had their cusine. does it resemble kind of like indian food?
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

5. Had to try Taco Bell because everyone at school loves the new tacos so much. Not worth the bathroom trip 30 mins later, the ice cream was amazing though, birthday cake is always my favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Vietnamese? wow looks interesting, never had their cusine. does it resemble kind of like indian food?

Nothing like Indian food

Solution do yourself a favor and find a Vietnamese restraunt and go there. Order "pho'" it's the staple Vietnamese soup and the national dish of Vietnam. It's amazing. Let the wait staff know you're new to the experience and they'll show you what your suppose to do with all the stuff they give you and how you add it to your soup. I.e. mint, basil, limes, sprouts, peppers, Siracha, hoisin . Order some "goi cuon" as well , it's a fresh spring roll that you dip in a peanut sauce. You'll have an experience I promise you. Most vietnanese food utilizes alot of fresh herbs and vegetable and is not anything like Chinese or any other Asian food. It's not greasy or unhealthy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Cooking and Baking my specialty!
    I've noticed!! Lol you're a baking machine and everything u make looks delectable.

If I ever open up a fitness oriented restaurant I'm hiring you
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

8. Quote Originally Posted by theOCdude View Post
    Had to try Taco Bell because everyone at school loves the new tacos so much. Not worth the bathroom trip 30 mins later, the ice cream was amazing though, birthday cake is always my favorite.
    That's my kind of cheat dude. I eat a quart of ice cream no sweat
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

9. Lean machine breakfast

Name:  image-3273581013.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  549.3 KB

Vietnamese grilled lemon grass beef 30g protein
    6 egg whites scrambled 1 yoke 20-25g protein
    Greek yogurt 30g protein (1 1/2 serving)
    Kim chi
    Fresh juice with pulp blended back in (carrot,apple, orange, kale, spinach, celery)

So approx 85g protein and I'd say 20-25g carbs not a bad start to the day ;-)

10. Hahaha, man I love Pho! and the spring rolls with the rice paper, shrimp, and mint leaves and the peanut sauce. Their meats are also some of the best grilled meats you have ever eaten, well besides brazillian bbq if you've had it. I always took my caucasian friends to eat Pho and they loved it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Nothing like Indian food

Solution do yourself a favor and find a Vietnamese restraunt and go there. Order "pho'" it's the staple Vietnamese soup and the national dish of Vietnam. It's amazing. Let the wait staff know you're new to the experience and they'll show you what your suppose to do with all the stuff they give you and how you add it to your soup. I.e. mint, basil, limes, sprouts, peppers, Siracha, hoisin . Order some "goi cuon" as well , it's a fresh spring roll that you dip in a peanut sauce. You'll have an experience I promise you. Most vietnanese food utilizes alot of fresh herbs and vegetable and is not anything like Chinese or any other Asian food. It's not greasy or unhealthy.

11. Nice, I eat Kim Chee everyday with my cottage cheese and eggs in the morning..

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Lean machine breakfast

Name:  image-3273581013.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  549.3 KB

Vietnamese grilled lemon grass beef 30g protein
    6 egg whites scrambled 1 yoke 20-25g protein
    Greek yogurt 30g protein (1 1/2 serving)
    Kim chi
    Fresh juice with pulp blended back in (carrot,apple, orange, kale, spinach, celery)

So approx 85g protein and I'd say 20-25g carbs not a bad start to the day ;-)

12. Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    Hahaha, man I love Pho! and the spring rolls with the rice paper, shrimp, and mint leaves and the peanut sauce. Their meats are also some of the best grilled meats you have ever eaten, well besides brazillian bbq if you've had it. I always took my caucasian friends to eat Pho and they loved it lol.

Pho is awesome on a cold day. Gotta keep paper napkins close by if the soup is extra spicy! Def will clear up any sinuses, lol.

13. Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    Hahaha, man I love Pho! and the spring rolls with the rice paper, shrimp, and mint leaves and the peanut sauce. Their meats are also some of the best grilled meats you have ever eaten, well besides brazillian bbq if you've had it. I always took my caucasian friends to eat Pho and they loved it lol.
    Here's the marinade for the grilled beef they use in the dish with egg cake and shredded pork and also bun thIt nuong (vermicelli beef bowl)

2 stalks lemongrass
    1 small onion
    4 cloves garlic
    2 tsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp fish sauce
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1 Thai chili
    1 tsp Siracha or chili oil
    6 strips lemon zest
    2 tsp fresh lime juice
    Blend all in blender till creamy and marinate 1 hour at least. You may have to a few table spoons water or an extra tbs olive oil if mixture won't blend or gets stuck

My ex wife was Vietnamese and I've spent a good portion of the last 17 years eating and cooking viet food for myself .

14. It's funny, I was married 10 years and I could never get my wife at the time to try any, not even one bite! Course the smell is horrible though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    I love KimChee!

15. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

Pho is awesome on a cold day. Gotta keep paper napkins close by if the soup is extra spicy! Def will clear up any sinuses, lol.
    I love it after a sauna. Good amount of sodium, carbs ,protein and liquid to replenish your body after an intense hour long sweat/detox. I see it as my soul food. In Vietnam it's eaten as breakfast since the early morning is the only time of day cool enough you'd want to eat a hot soup.

16. We have a paste called chu go jong, I use it as a vege dip when I can't breathe..that stuff will open up your sinuses. Pho, isn't too bad spicy wise unless you go crazy with the Spiracha, I like a good Spiracha to Hoisen sauce ratio lol.

Thanks for the recipe mike Im gonna have to check that out..

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

17. Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    We have a paste called chu go jong, I use it as a vege dip when I can't breathe..that stuff will open up your sinuses. Pho, isn't too bad spicy wise unless you go crazy with the Spiracha, I like a good Spiracha to Hoisen sauce ratio lol.

Thanks for the recipe mike Im gonna have to check that out..
    That is key. I do a squirt of Siracha around the bowl and hoisin squirt half around the bowl. Only reason I don't make it at home right now is because I'd eat it everyday which Isn't bad on a bulk with all the noodles but I'm leaning out. Can't wait till September to start bulking again

18. Lolol love that spread of taco bell and ice cream...if I go overboard on a cheat I'll have a Freebirds burrito with my favorite chocolate goodies (Reese's eggs, 3 musketeers, maybe a pint)...if I'm being 'good' I'll have a few turkey burgers.

19. Quote Originally Posted by psizzle_8 View Post
    Lolol love that spread of taco bell and ice cream...if I go overboard on a cheat I'll have a Freebirds burrito with my favorite chocolate goodies (Reese's eggs, 3 musketeers, maybe a pint)...if I'm being 'good' I'll have a few turkey burgers.
    Ya the Taco Bell was not very good and not worth the bathroom trip 30 mins later, but the ice-cream was something the solution inspired me to do, and I gota say it was a great pwo treat with a ton of flavor.
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Breaded Chicken Nuggets + Fries with a spicy Cajun Dipping sauce. Also a side of Chipolte Garlic dipping sauce for the fries.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Chicken Masala with potatoes and Broccoli:

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Loaves:

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Chicken Potato Parmesan with Thermogenesauce on top:

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

24. Holy crap, you sharing those recipes?!

The cookie dough loaves look interesting

25. Quote Originally Posted by theOCdude View Post
    Ya the Taco Bell was not very good and not worth the bathroom trip 30 mins later, but the ice-cream was something the solution inspired me to do, and I gota say it was a great pwo treat with a ton of flavor.
    thats exactly how I felt about my Freebirds burrito...won't be doing that one anytime soon. Now ive replaced it with a subway, less complications
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is your favorite TV show?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 03:47 PM
  2. What is your favorite ALL THE WHEY FLAVOR of WPI?
    By Big Matt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 12:37 PM
  3. What is your favorite CHEAT food.
    By somewhatgifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 08:39 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM