Veggie replacement?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Hey bros I've been dieting and eating healthy and I'm at the point where I can't even look at a veggie, salad is about the only thing I can stand lol. I use veggies as fillers mostly and fiber too I also know the health benefits from them. Is there anything I can take supp wise to still get benefits of veggies sobi can have a break from them? I use fiber powder what else? Please help

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216534-purus-slinshot-bean5er.html

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Tough it out ;] Try fried green beans in garlic.. plain veggies get old fast.

You can put spinach in shakes, and most veggies are undetectable in sauces if you cook them down.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Tough it out ;] Try fried green beans in garlic.. plain veggies get old fast.

You can put spinach in shakes, and most veggies are undetectable in sauces if you cook them down.
Haha all good ideas and I've done every one except the shake idea. I've been doing this for a couple years now and today I took a bite of my cooked veggies in my fav hot sauce and almost puked lol. Thanks though i might try and go back to raw veggies for a while. How long are cooked veggies good for btw. My wife usually cooks up a huge pan of like asparagus, beans, broccoli etc and put em in the fridge for a few days.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216534-purus-slinshot-bean5er.html

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Haha all good ideas and I've done every one except the shake idea. I've been doing this for a couple years now and today I took a bite of my cooked veggies in my fav hot sauce and almost puked lol. Thanks though i might try and go back to raw veggies for a while. How long are cooked veggies good for btw. My wife usually cooks up a huge pan of like asparagus, beans, broccoli etc and put em in the fridge for a few days.

I'd say a few days. I usually eat or throw out leftovers by the 3rd day.

Big Oven is a good app.. has 250,000+ recipes with photos and reviews.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Damn sux man...

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Hey bros I've been dieting and eating healthy and I'm at the point where I can't even look at a veggie, salad is about the only thing I can stand lol. I use veggies as fillers mostly and fiber too I also know the health benefits from them. Is there anything I can take supp wise to still get benefits of veggies sobi can have a break from them? I use fiber powder what else? Please help

Add a Multivitamin and you're good.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Multivitamins do not replace whole food nutrition.. in my opinion. It just fills in the gaps.
Agree but my coach also say we strictly use veggies as fillers to help keep me feeling full. They also aid in the digestion of the meat/protein so I know the importance I just thought I read somewhere of a veggie replacement supp somewhere.

MLS thanks for the web link for recipes :)

PrimiFit

Awards
I don't think you can replace any real food with supplements. A good way to consume a lot of vegetable nutrients is to juice them. You won't get as much fiber but it's a lot easier to drink a big bunch of veggies than chew them. And maby then supplement with psyllium fiber.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards

PrimiFit

Awards
Another way to eat them in liquid is to make a vegetable stock. The nutrients (the ones that aren't destroyed in the cooking process) go into the liquid and it's a good base for a soup with meat and vegetables.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
How about barley grass?

I would just change what vegtables you are eating.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
CL oxigreens, SAN green supreme fusion
Thanks, but explain to me why on the label of green supreme it says, "this products contains ingredients that the state of California deems leads to cancer " or something to that effect? Lol

Has anyone used either of these?

sent from my electronic device!

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
I eat everything lol sick of it all.

try putting broccoli and carrots (or whatever you like) in a glass baking dish in some chicken broth.. and sprinkle it with garlic salt :] oven for about 30 mins @ 400.

Sent from [insert something witty here].

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Multivitamins do not replace whole food nutrition.. in my opinion. It just fills in the gaps.
Definitely this.

Just juice up some spinach, broccoli etc hold your nose and get it down haha. Add some water and some fats (like oil to aid in absorption) and you're golden.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Definitely this.

Just juice up some spinach, broccoli etc hold your nose and get it down haha. Add some water and some fats (like oil to aid in absorption) and you're golden.

Tried this today for the 1st time and it was actually pretty good....

Van protein, splenda, oats, and frozen asparagus blended with a few ice cubes. The shake turned out thick and tasty!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, but explain to me why on the label of green supreme it says, "this products contains ingredients that the state of California deems leads to cancer " or something to that effect? Lol

Has anyone used either of these?

Hvac gave good recommendations bro that and gold feast. CL Gold feast may be right up your alley. The label is required to say that to sell in California NBD.

Everyone always says whole food whole food blah blah blah. Yes, whole food is the way to go but if you're not getting enough which 70% (prob higher) of the people on this forum are not then there is nothing wrong with supplementing.

There are also just straight up fruit and vegetable pills you can get.

- Valdez

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hvac gave good recommendations bro that and gold feast. CL Gold feast may be right up your alley. The label is required to say that to sell in California NBD.

Everyone always says whole food whole food blah blah blah. Yes, whole food is the way to go but if you're not getting enough which 70% (prob higher) of the people on this forum are not then there is nothing wrong with supplementing.

There are also just straight up fruit and vegetable pills you can get.

- Valdez
Atleast someone has the right idea. I also use mona vie mrp's

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Thank you all very much, I understand the importance of whole foods plz don't mistake me. I just want options because every now and then I need a break from 4-6 cups a day of veggies. Trying to take break as I will be starting contest prep at the end of jan where ill need those veggies to keep me full. Just don't want to burn myself out b4 the real dieting begins.

Thanks again

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thank you all very much, I understand the importance of whole foods plz don't mistake me. I just want options because every now and then I need a break from 4-6 cups a day of veggies. Trying to take break as I will be starting contest prep at the end of jan where ill need those veggies to keep me full. Just don't want to burn myself out b4 the real dieting begins.

Thanks again

Yeah, thats why I like blending them up. Get sick of eating them sometimes.

Didn't know you could buy vege pills haha, never seen them in shops before

PrimiFit

Awards
I also drink smoothies with leafy greens. Good way to eat a lot of them without the tedious chewing :)

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards

I like to use Green Vibrance both on and off season for its nutritious green food and trace mineral profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Nutrition / Health 23
ItalOne Cycle Logs 161
Jm88888 Recipes 0
ManimalPatB Nutrition / Health 20
jramoska Nutrition / Health 19