HELP WITH MY HOMEMADE PROTEIN SHAKE!!

Sebas1227

Sebas1227

Awards
What are the carbohydrates for and what ratio sould they have with the proteins in a homemade shake for after training?? I make my shake mixing soy flour and water (protein: 35.9 g, carbohydrates: 15.8 g) Is that a good option? Thank you!! ;)

Sebas1227

Sebas1227

Awards
What are the carbohydrates for and what ratio sould they have with the proteins in a homemade shake for after training?? I make my shake mixing soy flour and water (protein: 35.9 g, carbohydrates: 15.8 g) Is that a good and balanced option? Thank you!! ;)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
your shake can be whatever you'd like it to be, theres no magic ratio or carb number. carbs are typically used for glycogen replenishment post workout, my shakes end up being a 2:1 carb/pro ratio but thats just how it worked out

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soy flour??

I would recommend this for a bulking shake:

16oz milk
1 cup oats
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp natural PB
1.5 scoops whey protein

Plenty of good fast and slow carbs there, as well as healthy fats and high protein content.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Soy flour??

16oz milk
1 cup oats
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp natural PB
1.5 scoops whey protein

Plenty of good fast and slow carbs there, as well as healthy fats and high protein content.
holy jeezus that sounds good. i powderize my oats in a blender, thatll probly make it better

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
holy jeezus that sounds good. i powderize my oats in a blender, thatll probly make it better
If you can that helps a hell of a lot lol.
The chunks can get annoying.
I add some cinnamon sometimes too.

Sebas1227

Sebas1227

Awards
Thank you, but the thing is that i can't use protein powder, cause I don't have the money and I chose doy powder cause it has all the aminoacids, carbs and it's healthy and cheap, the only problem is that it has plenty of fat...

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Thank you, but the thing is that i can't use protein powder, cause I don't have the money and I chose doy powder cause it has all the aminoacids, carbs and it's healthy and cheap, the only problem is that it has plenty of fat...
if you cant afford protein, then dont make shakes. get all your protein from chicken/tuna/eggs/tilapia/MILK, cheap **** like that. i barely ever actually make a shake anymore. a 2lb tub lasts me about 3-4 months or so. i only do shakes when i absolutely need to leave fast, like work or something. otherwise, i have precooked meals ready most of the time

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
First, try making an "O" with your index finger and thumb..

Sebas1227

Sebas1227

Awards
if you cant afford protein, then dont make shakes. get all your protein from chicken/tuna/eggs/tilapia/MILK, cheap **** like that. i barely ever actually make a shake anymore. a 2lb tub lasts me about 3-4 months or so. i only do shakes when i absolutely need to leave fast, like work or something. otherwise, i have precooked meals ready most of the time
Yeah, but I don't have any control of my diet either... I'm not eating at home...

murk01

murk01

Awards
Soy flour??

16oz milk
1 cup oats
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp natural PB
1.5 scoops whey protein

Yogurt and or cottage cheese and olive oil....mmmm.....and thatd my weight gainer

Minus the honey, bunny

murk01

murk01

Awards
Skip the soy, boy.... Increases estro. Shouldnt be ur prime protien source.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Yeah, but I don't have any control of my diet either... I'm not eating at home...
You can find great deals in protein powder that is nutritious online and even in auctions. Much better than soy flour for sure. I think getting your fuel from solid sources would be more cost effective for sure.
You say you dont eat at home so you cant control your meals. Sounds like you got it cush living with the rents and they still cook your meals, buy look...Do your own grocery shopping and cook your own meals! There isnt going to be any easy way...trust me! You can try to be healthy eating out on the go, but you are going to miss out on the nutrient density of foods if you just made them fresh yourself.
Eggs are cheap and if you know a butcher at a store then ask when they mark down the stock that doesnt sell. You can go a long way with eggs..,they get boring, but are packed with great nutrients as well.
What do you find the hardest about getting on a good bulk diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
wat do you mean you vant control your meals? you better be in the military or somthin