1 meal vs 3 vs 6

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

No, it isn't. This information happens to come from very recent research. I would love for you to post studies that conclude that meal frequency is an important determinant in muscular hypertrophy or strength; these studies must also have controls that eat the same quantity of food in less meals. I.e. the studied group has 6-7 meals while the control has 3 meals and all calories of both groups and food composition is equal.

I should add that I don't disagree with your methods, and as TonyCFH stated above, it just doesn't affect body composition. However in the times when you need like 4000 calories to get through the day it would be advisable to space them out to avoid discomfort, unless of course you can handle 2000 calories in a meal like Breezy can. In any case if it works for you to have 6 meals, then by all means. People are not arguing against this working for someone, they are only arguing that it is not physiologically more effective to space them out over 6 meals instead of <3
    Exactly

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    No, it isn't. This information happens to come from very recent research. I would love for you to post studies that conclude that meal frequency is an important determinant in muscular hypertrophy or strength; these studies must also have controls that eat the same quantity of food in less meals. I.e. the studied group has 6-7 meals while the control has 3 meals and all calories of both groups and food composition is equal.

I should add that I don't disagree with your methods, and as TonyCFH stated above, it just doesn't affect body composition. However in the times when you need like 4000 calories to get through the day it would be advisable to space them out to avoid discomfort, unless of course you can handle 2000 calories in a meal like Breezy can. In any case if it works for you to have 6 meals, then by all means. People are not arguing against this working for someone, they are only arguing that it is not physiologically more effective to space them out over 6 meals instead of <3
    Let me give you one example.If you eat 3 meals a day and you eat your meal at 1 o clock and you go gym and 5 o clock you will not be hungry and have less power?That's what i have see.And dont refer all the time about searches and searches.Human is a unique living spiece so you cant be absolutely right.Everyone is diferent.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

Let me give you one example.If you eat 3 meals a day and you eat your meal at 1 o clock and you go gym and 5 o clock you will not be hungry and have less power?That's what i have see.And dont refer all the time about searches and searches.Human is a unique living spiece so you cant be absolutely right.Everyone is diferent.
    So you are saying you're stronger when you're hungry? What ever you said made no sense

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    So you are saying you're stronger when you're hungry? What ever you said made no sense
    Omg learn to read.I say the opposite.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

Omg learn to read.I say the opposite.
    Your english is very poor the way you try to explain things. So you're saying when you have your meal at 1 you won't be hungry 4 hours later and will be stronger in the gym?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    Your english is very poor the way you try to explain things. So you're saying when you have your meal at 1 you won't be hungry 4 hours later and will be stronger in the gym?

Your head is poor.I am saying that if you eat at 1 and you go gym after 4 hours you will be hungry and dont have much power to do a good training.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

Your head is poor.I am saying that if you eat at 1 and you go gym after 4 hours you will be hungry and dont have much power to do a good training.
    And what the **** does that have to do with anything? First of all i've had awesome workouts after eating more than 5 hours prior. Secondly, who are you to say if i'll be hungry 4 hours later or if somebody else will be? If that is such a problem where you will be hungry then why not eat at 2 or 3 instead of 1 o'clock. I'm beginning to think you are mentally challenged.

8. Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    And what the **** does that have to do with anything? First of all i've had awesome workouts after eating more than 5 hours prior. Secondly, who are you to say if i'll be hungry 4 hours later or if somebody else will be? If that is such a problem where you will be hungry then why not eat at 2 or 3 instead of 1 o'clock. I'm beginning to think you are mentally challenged.
    Holly ****.THIS WAS AN EXAMPLE ****head.Dont take the clock time examply.You are mentally challenged.Everyone is diferent you fool.I said this in other posts too.The conclusion is that diferent things work for diferent people.UNDERSTAND THAT.And if you have a problem just send me a private mesage.People dont want to see your stupid posts.Kid.

10. Lol at this thread.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Sub
    Marine

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

12. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

Marine

Navy.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

13. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Navy.
    Gay.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

Gay.
    P h a g.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}

15. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

P h a g.
    Airborne42

16. Lol word association thread yay

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

Holly ****.THIS WAS AN EXAMPLE ****head.Dont take the clock time examply.You are mentally challenged.Everyone is diferent you fool.I said this in other posts too.The conclusion is that diferent things work for diferent people.UNDERSTAND THAT.And if you have a problem just send me a private mesage.People dont want to see your stupid posts.Kid.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121120_144228.png
Views: 76
Size:  291.5 KB

18. "Don't take the clock time examply" then calls me mentally challenged. Yes this is real life...haha

19. Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    "Don't take the clock time examply" then calls me mentally challenged. Yes this is real life...haha
    I mean in my post you fool.Wake up.

20. Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate

I mean in my post you fool.Wake up.
    I understand you less and less every post......

21. Quote Originally Posted by Tonycfh View Post
    I understand you less and less every post......
    I quit.You are retard.

22. Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate View Post
    I quit.You are retard.
    Now that was uncalled for...

23. It starts with a b and rhymes with manhammer.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick
    It starts with a b and rhymes with manhammer.

Call the paramedics i think you're having a stroke

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It starts with a b and rhymes with manhammer.

Bananahammer??

26. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

Bananahammer??

Thats what i was thinking...haha

27. Quote Originally Posted by live to lift View Post
    IF takes about 2 weeks to get use to after that its smooth sailing and awesome results i was going to abandon it during my bulk but i have grown to love this way of eating soo much that i will be using it to bulk as well. It was great for cutting now ill see what bulking on IF will do
    Cant wait to hear your results bulking with IF... Should call it clean gains...

28. Everyone needs to go eat and quit being such ninnies...

Good God and quit saying it's "science." Scientific studies can be used and interpreted to fit anyone's argument at any time.

Eat the calories you need surplus or deficit who gives a **** when. Eat what best fits you personally. Bunch of waaa waaa's.

I'm personally eating a 1200 calorie calzone right now and it's going down smooth.

- Mediator
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

29. Why am I eating now? Cuz I'm ****ing hungry! lol!

Quit obsessing over the little **** eat, hit the gym, and sleep

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein Vs Meal Replacement
    By Herm in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
  2. Lean Gains/IF vs 5 Meals A Day