What to do!?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys! I'm back from a shoulder surgery and both knees physical therapy, and during that time I got a little fat (went from 200lbs 15%bf to 208-210lbs godknowswhat% bf). It was advised to me to pack some more muscle to my internal quads and shoulder region but since I'm a bit more fat I'd like to know if how could I pack some more muscle and sheed some fat away? Or should I go straight to a bulk diet or to a cutting diet? I'd like to hear your opinion on this since this is the first time this happens to me :) (comming back from a surgery not from getting fat lol)

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I would cut down first since it sounds like you'd like to lose some fat..bulking will add mass but it will also add more fat on top of what you already want to get rid of.

You could try a recomp but those are a much slower gradual process.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I would cut down first since it sounds like you'd like to lose some fat..bulking will add mass but it will also add more fat on top of what you already want to get rid of.

You could try a recomp but those are a much slower gradual process.
Yeah, recomp was my first thought but since it's mainly a very gradual process and with the holidays season comming closer recomp could easely become a bulk since the carb intake can easely increase... hence my question... Cutting, it sure sounds the most reasonable option for now but then again I'll have some difficulties during the holidays season, with all the familly together and so it makes things harder to keep on the lean side lol

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Yeah, recomp was my first thought but since it's mainly a very gradual process and with the holidays season comming closer recomp could easely become a bulk since the carb intake can easely increase... hence my question... Cutting, it sure sounds the most reasonable option for now but then again I'll have some difficulties during the holidays season, with all the familly together and so it makes things harder to keep on the lean side lol
bulk through the holidays dude, its winter. not like youre gonna be wearing t shirts anyways. 15% isnt that fat anyways

Broly

Awards
  • Established
bulk through the holidays dude, its winter. not like youre gonna be wearing t shirts anyways. 15% isnt that fat anyways
Hum, that's what I used to do but currently I'm not 15%bf. I'm a bit higher (no abs on sight even flexing) thus my doubt :) If I were 15% or less I would bulk up to february just to pass the 220lbs limit eheheheh

I was thinking about carb cycling, high on workout days low on non-workout days to make a lean bulk, what do you think?