Please help with my diet

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.5%

Please help with my diet

New member here. Im confused over what a "clean" diet is. I know Im not doing something right cause my lean gains seem minimal, but Ive got a spare tire I cant get rid of. Im 37yo, 6ft 2in 230, high teens bf%. Ive been lifting for a year now. Im currently doing a 4x week upper/lower split focusing on compound lifts. I try to get 3500 cals a day.
    Heres what I eat on a typical day:

Breakfast: 4 whole scrambled eggs w 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, 2 cups 2%milk

snack: 2 chobani greek yogurts

lunch: 1 hamburger 93% lean, slice of cheddar cheese, tbsp mayo, ketchup and mustard, white bun, 2cups 2%milk

snack: 2 scoops ON protien mixed w/ 2 cups 2% milk.

dinner: Chicken quarter(thigh and leg) or ribeye steak bbqed, baked potato w butter and sour cream, brocolli, 2cups 2%milk

Before bed: couple handfulls of raw almonds.

Supps I take everyday: Test powder, erase pro, con crete, multi, fish oil.

Obviously I dont eat the exact same thing everyday, but this is typical. I have yogurt and milk everyday though.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin5150 View Post
    New member here. Im confused over what a "clean" diet is. I know Im not doing something right cause my lean gains seem minimal, but Ive got a spare tire I cant get rid of. Im 37yo, 6ft 2in 230, high teens bf%. Ive been lifting for a year now. Im currently doing a 4x week upper/lower split focusing on compound lifts. I try to get 3500 cals a day.
    Heres what I eat on a typical day:

Breakfast: 4 whole scrambled eggs w 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, 2 cups 2%milk

snack: 2 chobani greek yogurts

lunch: 1 hamburger 93% lean, slice of cheddar cheese, tbsp mayo, ketchup and mustard, white bun, 2cups 2%milk

snack: 2 scoops ON protien mixed w/ 2 cups 2% milk.

dinner: Chicken quarter(thigh and leg) or ribeye steak bbqed, baked potato w butter and sour cream, brocolli, 2cups 2%milk

Before bed: couple handfulls of raw almonds.

Supps I take everyday: Test powder, erase pro, con crete, multi, fish oil.

Obviously I dont eat the exact same thing everyday, but this is typical. I have yogurt and milk everyday though.

What am I doing wrong?
    First off a "clean diet" means you are eliminating all additives and condiments like your mayo and ketchup, you minimize and some completely eliminate dairy products like milk and cheese, and sparingly eat greek yogurt. You also want to substitute your white bread fir sprouted grains or ancient grains that are not overly processed. I would suggest you add more complex carbs to each of your meals, like oatmeal at breakfast with your eggs, and a sweet potato nit baked potato with butter and sour cream at dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%

So a diet isn't clean if you are using condiments? How about spices? Are they considered clean? Greek yogurt isn't clean?

Goes to show, the term "clean" means different things to different people.

I would wager your issue is you are just eating too many calories.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.89%

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1

First off a "clean diet" means you are eliminating all additives and condiments like your mayo and ketchup, you minimize and some completely eliminate dairy products like milk and cheese, and sparingly eat greek yogurt. You also want to substitute your white bread fir sprouted grains or ancient grains that are not overly processed. I would suggest you add more complex carbs to each of your meals, like oatmeal at breakfast with your eggs, and a sweet potato nit baked potato with butter and sour cream at dinner!

U are going to get several different responses...i agree somewhat with what musclegage said...yes adding oats, wholewheat bagle, homemade hashbrowns cooked on olive oil for breakfast...or even fruit...deff cut out the white bread..empty carbs just converted to sugar stored as fat...replace that with a sweet potatoe or if you r set on a lean burger try whole grain bread or buns..yea drop the mayo for light mayo, but unless you r a competative bodybuilder, imo there is no need to be peranoid abt condiments..just use the light option and not over due it...as for the potatoe at night just buy fat free sour cream, if ur set on butter get some omega butter..agian dont over due it...i can tell you are like me and want to enjoy your food, moderation Is key..who said greek yogurts bad? Thats a staple in my diet and many others diet on here...especially post workout...basically man just eat the complex carbs, lean meats, veggies, fruit, omegas, get creative, there are some great recepies on here...now on the milk of your trying to gain mass then ive read people drinking a gallon a day..but if you arent loosing fat then either lower the milk consumption to a couple glasses a day ( breakfast,after u workout) or buy the fat free crap ha, increase cardio
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Along with what everyone else said you might want to try and lower your body fat considerably before lean bulking. I say this because without prohormones or steroids its almost impossible to burn fat and build muscle
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1

I stick to minimal condiments.
    I have picked back up on the cheese and Greek yogurt though...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.61%

Clean for me is not eating ice cream, pop tarts, and pizza daily. lol. However, I see no problem with condiments and the such. I just count them as cals and leave it at that.

Similar Forum Threads

1. please help with my diet
    By live to lift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 10:23 PM
  2. PLEASE HELP WITH MY BULK DIET!!
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 09:03 PM
  3. Can somebody help with my diet please...
    By start2train in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 07:02 AM
  4. A little help with my diet please
    By Big Stan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 12:35 AM
  5. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 03:09 AM