can someone explain carb backloading?

pastorcgc

Awards
What is carbbackloading? Is it just I.F. with another name?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is carbbackloading? Is it just I.F. with another name?
No. Very basic explanation from the minimal research I have done seems to involve eating protein and fats earlier in the day and eating the majority of your carbs later in the day, after a workout.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
No. Very basic explanation from the minimal research I have done seems to involve eating protein and fats earlier in the day and eating the majority of your carbs later in the day, after a workout.
Simple carbs...and it also involves knowing that it is only up to 50% protein before the workout...Workout has to be around 3-5pm and you have to indulge in sugary simple treats around 7 onwards and then go to bed...

It needs a prep phase...you go 1 week without carbs and then start on this...on rest days NO carbs...

Buy the book...it explains more than I will atm haha , a bit tired.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simple carbs...and it also involves knowing that it is only up to 50% protein before the workout...Workout has to be around 3-5pm and you have to indulge in sugary simple treats around 7 onwards and then go to bed...

It needs a prep phase...you go 1 week without carbs and then start on this...on rest days NO carbs...

Buy the book...it explains more than I will atm haha , a bit tired.
I was never interested enough in it to buy the book tbh. I just read an article or two on it.

pastorcgc

Awards
Thanks. Sounds like low carb work out high carb till bed.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks. Sounds like low carb work out high carb till bed.
No , it is not LOW CARB before a workout..it is NO CARB...Like I said buy the book...

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
just another stupid fad diet

Elizabeth0215

Awards
Also isn't there an intermittent fasting portion to that diet? The article explained that he fasted Overnight and in the mornings, with a total of up to 16 hours combined? it sounds interesting, but I train in the mornings. Anyone know if it's possible to do with a Morning Workout schedule?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
What's the reason for "Simple Carbs" post workout and before bed as opposed to complex/low gi? Please don't say buy the book. I'm looking for cliffs here.

pastorcgc

Awards
Fasting huh? Still seems. U eat no carbs all.day. then u work out. Then u eat carbs uptill bedtime. The reverse of what everyone else says to do. Interesting.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What's the reason for "Simple Carbs" post workout and before bed as opposed to complex/low gi? Please don't say buy the book. I'm looking for cliffs here.
Read previous posts?

It is to spike insulin faster, and let it go down faster too...so it does not interfere with sleep and GH patterns while you recover in Morpheus's Arms (sleep ¬¬')

vassille

Awards
In theory spiking the insulin faster up and down is better but at the same time it's hardest on the pancreas cells.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Yeah insulin and blood sugar problems lead to just about every degenerative disease as we age.

I'll stick to low gi