Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.84%

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy1993
    Hi so I've been wondering about glucose storage and how to avoid it.
    I try to only eat complex carbs and no sugar except fruit and honey in oatmeal.
    However I did have to eat chocolate cereal today as there was no food in my house.
    How much Hiit cardio should I do?
    It is precisely this kind of black and white food (mis)beliefs that has me worried about your mental state. You said that you "have a great relationship" with food and "just" a poor body image. Having a poor body image is something that deserves attention in and of itself! Moreover, you are OBSESSING over a SINGLE FOOD CHOICE!
    Please tell me that you have a psychotherapist in addition to AM to discuss these issues with. Until you work on fixing your food beliefs, you will find reaching your (still questionably healthy) body comp goals impossible.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs

It is precisely this kind of black and white food (mis)beliefs that has me worried about your mental state. You said that you "have a great relationship" with food and "just" a poor body image. Having a poor body image is something that deserves attention in and of itself! Moreover, you are OBSESSING over a SINGLE FOOD CHOICE!
    Please tell me that you have a psychotherapist in addition to AM to discuss these issues with. Until you work on fixing your food beliefs, you will find reaching your (still questionably healthy) body comp goals impossible.
    Yup hit it on the head. Seems to be some deep issues here. hope the best for ya man we can only help so much
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have been seing a pyschotherapist but he hasn't said anything about my food habbits. I do have some confidence issues (i have a lot of facial scarring after I was assaulted) and a form of OCD which may be why I beat myself up over small things- I do it at uni too if I don't get 100%.

But yeah I have been using myfitnesspal its fantastic and eating lots, and lifting.
    I think I just need to calm down a bit and stop trying to do everything at once.
    Thanks for all the concern and help.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

Yeah just be patient man it wont happen over night just stay disciplined to your diet and training
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Ok thank you, I'll post later on in the week and let you know how I'm doing.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Hi so I got weighed today. I gained 2kg since last week (4.4 pounds). This is a lot for 1 week but I hadn't gained any weight at all for 3 weeks so I'm happy just to be gaining again.
    I now weigh 59.1kg or 130 pounds which is pretty awesome!
    Heres some photos, I don't see much difference but yeah. I tried to tense up in the last ones but to no effect:P
    Name:  2012-11-28 13.55.19.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  51.7 KBName:  2012-11-28 13.55.43.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  60.1 KBName:  2012-11-28 13.55.48.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  61.2 KBName:  2012-11-28 13.55.52.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  59.6 KBName:  2012-11-28 13.56.18.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  59.5 KBName:  2012-11-28 13.56.29.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  62.0 KB
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

Your still way underweight man but I can definatley see a difference! Keep up what your doing and dont over obsese about the number on the scale its just a number. Gl
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Awesome thanks! I'll try and keep it going
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.94%

You had the all clear from any doctor bro??

Just incase you have any condition... 113 is thin man, specially for 5'9

Hope things work out well for you.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.37%

Maybe only weigh yourself once a month.

My new years resolution last year was to not weigh myself, and I might renew it.

Numbers are too psychological. Just try and feel good.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles12 View Post
    You had the all clear from any doctor bro??

Just incase you have any condition... 113 is thin man, specially for 5'9

Hope things work out well for you.
    Yeah, I'm now 130 pounds, I just have no idea how to change it on my profile, thanks for the concern.
    I'm still very skinny so I'm keeping on bulking but I'm not at any health risks now- which is the most important part.

I have to keep going to a nutrionist who weighs me every week, just to make sure I'm still gaining, but your right I should'nt obsess over how much I gain, as long as I gain.
    Thanks guys! I'm feeling pretty awesome now!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.94%

130 is much better dude, I have to ask though, how old are you?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Thanks!
    I'm 19, I look really young for my age though, I pass as 14 or 15 quite easily- I've always been very small framed and skinny- I had a lot of illness's until recently too, you can actually see my 2 front ribs stick out really far it looks kind of deformed (altough its not dangerous), I never really developed properly because I was always ill.
    I've really enjoyed bulking up though-its been a lot of fun and makes you feel really good.
    All the help I've got of you and DocMattic and the other guys has been great
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

A lot of good advice here and it seems like you are on a good path OP. My advice to add would be this, and it has already been mentioned to one degree, try to not focus on the minute. Think of bodybuilding as filling up a bucket with water. Every time you eat a solid bb meal or have a great workout or get a good nights rest you add a single drop of water to the bucket. One drop at a time, day after day, workout after workout, meal after meal, slowly the bucket starts to accumulate water(a full bucket is the end goal and is a constantly changing one for most of us.) Here is my advice: when you do one thing not perfect for bb, such as eating cookies or a donuts, it is not akin to emptying out the whole bucket. You do not need to avoid a cheat meal for a month simply because you ate a cookie. Just go into the gym the next day and enjoy the increased pump and energy you have due to the extra carbs and put another drop in the bucket. IT TAKES FAR MORE THAN A SINGLE CHEAT TO UNDO ALL YOUR HARD WORK. Stressing over any of these minute details will hinder your gains more than anything. Good luck.

15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    A lot of good advice here and it seems like you are on a good path OP. My advice to add would be this, and it has already been mentioned to one degree, try to not focus on the minute. Think of bodybuilding as filling up a bucket with water. Every time you eat a solid bb meal or have a great workout or get a good nights rest you add a single drop of water to the bucket. One drop at a time, day after day, workout after workout, meal after meal, slowly the bucket starts to accumulate water(a full bucket is the end goal and is a constantly changing one for most of us.) Here is my advice: when you do one thing not perfect for bb, such as eating cookies or a donuts, it is not akin to emptying out the whole bucket. You do not need to avoid a cheat meal for a month simply because you ate a cookie. Just go into the gym the next day and enjoy the increased pump and energy you have due to the extra carbs and put another drop in the bucket. IT TAKES FAR MORE THAN A SINGLE CHEAT TO UNDO ALL YOUR HARD WORK. Stressing over any of these minute details will hinder your gains more than anything. Good luck.
    Wow thanks very much, thats a really good analogy. I'll try and think of that to keep my possitive- consistantly working hard will help me progress.
    I'll be possitive and look at my targets raather than mistakes in the past- and like you say an occasional cheat won't empty the bucket, it just means I'll have to add an extra big drop of water next time
    Thanks for the possitive input-it really helps my confidence!
    I'll keep trying and hopefully make progress.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Hi just thought I'd give a progress update- I got weighed again and gaine 1 pound (0.5kg) since last week.
    I'm extremely pleased as this is the first time I've made a steady gain-usually I either don't gain or gain 4 pounds in a week so I'm pretty happy.
    I now weigh 131 pounds (59.6kg)
    Overall my strength is a lot better- I'm squatting over 70 kg (155 pounds), leg press is 95kg (210 pounds) and deadlift is just hitting 45kg (100 pounds)
    Its still really weak but a massive improvement, so thanks for all the help- I'm not going to change anything for the meantime, the 2 day splits have been pretty awesome, maybe come February if I'm not gaining I'll start fine tuning the workout routine.
    In terms of food I still eat lots of fruit, but I'm eating loads of carbs (almost all complex), getting 2 whey protein shakes a day ( 1 scoop morning,2 scoops after workout) and a good amount of meat.
    Hopefully everything will keep working-thanks everyone.
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.37%

Cool guy, checkout my progress pic. I started around where you are now. It's all hard work, but can be done.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...e-ranking.html
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Wow thats really cool! Did you do anything extra to what I'm doing or pretty similar?
    I hope I can make progress like that
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.37%

I put on the first 15-20lbs following NNMB by Vince Delmonte, and having access to an all you cam eat cafeteria at school. Great program.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Ahh I don't have an all you can eat cafeteria but I will definataely have a look at the program-thanks!
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.37%

Yeah, it is a great starter/intermediate program and it is packed full of info that can get anyone started on the BB Road.

Even without the all you can eat, the take away is: eat, eat, eat.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Ape McGrapes View Post
    Yeah, it is a great starter/intermediate program and it is packed full of info that can get anyone started on the BB Road.

Even without the all you can eat, the take away is: eat, eat, eat.
    Awesome! yeah I try to eat statistically- I never leave the house withput food and make sure I never run out of anything.
    I think its just patience, preparation and persistance. I try to be consistent with most things, so hopefully it'll work as well for me as it did for you.
    Thanks for the advice!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Hi I have a few questions about tiredness,fatigue and workout
    Today I was doing my upper body split and I usually spend about an hour and a half to 2 hours doing this (including 10 minute cardio at start).
    I never felt quite right (had a cold,maybe flu symptoms) and the cardio only lasted 5 minutes before I got tired.
    I had quite a succesful workout and nearly completed it despite feeling a bit light headed and tired. I spent about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and I was about to start my deadlift sets (I usually do 5 as this is my favourite lift plus I finish with 1 lightish to practice my form and cool down) when I just felt way too tired and had to finish.
    Is it normal to feel really tired and have to finish early?
    Thankfully I managed to do all my shoulder and chest work etc, just never got to do deadlift.

Also last week my nutrionist said I should be finishing my upper body workout with 3 sets of inclined sit ups, and DocMattic gave me some information where they do either crunches, inclined leg raises or situps at the end of a workout.
    I find sit ups etc extremely boring and I'm usually too tired so haven't really bothered, is it worthwhile doing it if I'm not too tired?

Also would it be ok to add my deadlift sets in tomorrow with my lower body routine?
    Deadlift is the only lift I do that really hits the back, and apart from cable crunch is the only ab exercise.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

If you are having trouble completing a workout you normally have no trouble with then something is up. You are either coming down with something or have taxed your system too much. No matter which it is the answer is the same. Back off a little. If you are sick no point in possibly extending it and if you are overworked no point in digging a bigger hole to crawl out of. Take a day off, or at least go easy for a while till you feel strong again. If you find yourself running into a wall sometimes the best idea is to take a step back and look for the door.

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Thanks- I'll see if I feel any better tomorrow- I think I might just have a cold.
    If I still feel crap I'll take tomorrow off and rest until Monday.
    I would like to take a week off but its nearly christmas, so If I can try and last until christmas, then I can take a week off over the holiday which seems pretty cool!
    Thanks, I'll bear that in mind for the next time I get sick too
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Name:  2012-12-18 14.21.07.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  22.0 KBName:  2012-12-18 14.21.53.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  20.2 KBName:  2012-12-18 14.21.59.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  62.5 KBName:  2012-12-18 14.22.22.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  19.8 KBName:  2012-12-18 14.22.25.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  62.0 KBHey so thought I'd give an update of everything
    I had to go see an nhs dietician today, I now weigh 61.4 kg or 135 pounds(with shoes)
    my bmi is 20.2 roughly so I dont have to go again(still seeing uni nutritionist though)
    I currently feel quite ill,think I picked up a virus this morning so had to skip gym, if I feel better tomorrow I'll go instead
    heres some pics
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Good job! nice here to read that,waitting for anther good article like this, keep on!!!
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by nrvvhjvx View Post
    Good job! nice here to read that,waitting for anther good article like this, keep on!!!
    Thanks!
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Hey I just wanted to say Merry Christamas and thanks to all the help everyones given me.
    I really appreciate all the help everyones given me, I'll try and send some of you a pm as well.
    Thanks for all your help and I hope you all have an awesome Chrsitmas
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy1993 View Post
    Hi I have a few questions about tiredness,fatigue and workout
    Today I was doing my upper body split and I usually spend about an hour and a half to 2 hours doing this (including 10 minute cardio at start).
    You really don't need your workouts to be 2 hours. an hour is enough, in and out!
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    You really don't need your workouts to be 2 hours. an hour is enough, in and out!

haha yeah I found this out the hard way but I've cut my workouts down in time and concentrating on quality rather than quantity (so maybe 25 sets instead of 40) this seems to make me less tired.
  32. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.37%

I think a hard thing for many to grasp, especially new guys, is that less can be more.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

yeah I'll try and be more sensible as opposed to stupid sets lol
    Happy New Year everyone!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Hey thought I'd give a quick update:
    My weights been up and down a bit: I made it to 135 pounds (61.5kg) 2 weeks ago and today I was 134 (61.1kg) which I don't understand but I've been getting a lot stronger and think I look a bit bigger.Name:  2013-01-31 22.35.09.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  20.6 KBName:  2013-01-31 22.36.01.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  15.8 KBName:  2013-01-31 22.37.28.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  18.1 KBName:  2013-01-31 22.37.40.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  18.7 KBName:  2013-02-01 08.17.01.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  18.0 KB
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Name:  2013-02-12 16.14.18.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  17.9 KBnew tatsName:  2013-02-12 16.12.39.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  21.4 KBName:  2013-02-12 16.13.26.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  22.5 KB
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Your physique has definitely improved. By this time next year you could easily be hovering around 160+. Im sorry that you suffer from an eating disorder, this can be very difficult to overcome and it takes time. Little goals here and there are better to help you get to the end goal. My wife deals with teens who have eating disorders weekly through her internship and clinicals as a counselor in her grad program. I hear about the issues they deal with from her, not specifics as this would violate her professional relationship with clients, and it seems to me that you would benefit greatly from meeting regularly with a counselor who specializes in eating disorders or body dysmorphia issues. Especially if you could find one that has knowledge of nutrition and exercise as well and encourages both.

Keep updating bud as this will also help you stay accountable to yourself with the added bonus of positive criticism from others. Ignore the haters, theyre always around...
    Independent Review
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.33%

Not being a dick but, tanning beds don't hurt us men either bro!
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Your physique has definitely improved. By this time next year you could easily be hovering around 160+. Im sorry that you suffer from an eating disorder, this can be very difficult to overcome and it takes time. Little goals here and there are better to help you get to the end goal. My wife deals with teens who have eating disorders weekly through her internship and clinicals as a counselor in her grad program. I hear about the issues they deal with from her, not specifics as this would violate her professional relationship with clients, and it seems to me that you would benefit greatly from meeting regularly with a counselor who specializes in eating disorders or body dysmorphia issues. Especially if you could find one that has knowledge of nutrition and exercise as well and encourages both.

Keep updating bud as this will also help you stay accountable to yourself with the added bonus of positive criticism from others. Ignore the haters, theyre always around...
    Thanks very much.
    I got weighed today (get it every 2 weeks by dietician) and I actually lost 1 pound (around 133.5) even though I look bigger and am lifting more, but thats just a blip and I'll add an extra 100-200 calories on.
    Yeah I fel I probably had body dysmorphia- I have 2 disfigured ribs that sticks out very far (the bottom 2) that makes it look like I have a gut when I wear shirts but I don't. I also have a really long neck which makes me looked hunch even though I have a very straight back. This probably gave me confidence issues that led to the disorder.
    I don't know if I would reach 160 since I have a naturally small frame, I've been told I won't et much bigger but I think I could make 150.

n terms of lifting, I can do double my bodyweight with some things- I weigh 60kg and squat 95 but can do 115kg for 2 reps, I leg press 135kg, deadlft 95kg, bench 50kg so I'm getting stronger but still quite weak
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.02%

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSkin View Post
    Not being a dick but, tanning beds don't hurt us men either bro!
    Haha I'm from Scotland, I'm actually average from here lmao
    you should see me in Decmebr when I get the cold!
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.98%

you need more fat in your diet...skinny people that eat clean and are trying to gain weight are ridiculous....if you have a fast metabolisn then use your activity level to get you into or keep you in the shape you want to be in, dont worry so much about diet. slow down if you want to put on weight, sleep more, take naps, eat fatty foods that will help weight stick, use your training to help put the weight in the right places.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks
    By gregmethews in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 05:39 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
  3. HOW DO I USE GHRP-6 TO GAIN 10 POUNDS
    By rafasarmenha in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
  4. Replies: 5