guillain-barre syndrome??

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Yeah I've heard all different stories about recovery rates by patients of GBS. Its definitely got my mind and thoughts changed. One good thing about losing so much weight and body mass I can put on proper weight and muscle.

2. Great to hear ur progressing.....

3. Just saw this thread and it caught my eye. Shortly after I moved from AZ a couple years ago a close friend if mine there got this. Happened all of sudden. He almost died and it hit him very hard. He's just now getting back on his bike after almost 11/2 years of recovery. I had never heard of anyone else having it before seeing this thread. Extremely scary stuff. Great you survived and recovering well. Take care.

4. Yeah I've heard of stories where people never even got some strength or movement even back. But I'm thankful as hell to see a huge improvement. Before I got sick I was never eager to do leg workouts. Now I can't wait to do leg press or leg extensions. Anything to see that strength increase.

5. Wow long recovery time, but it looks like you are doing well. I've only just read this thread recently, I have worked with 2 GBS patients but whose recover time was 2 weeks and 4 weeks. Did you receive plasmapheresis treatments?
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency

6. Yeah I received plasmapheresis for 4 days and ivig for 5 days

Similar Forum Threads

1. Warning - Serotonin Syndrome
    By utk1976 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM
  2. Restless leg syndrome (you gotta be kidding)
    By davisville64 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 04:22 AM
  3. Metacarple Syndrome... getting out of hand.. Help!
    By Poobah in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 07:19 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 12:09 PM
  5. Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 08:10 PM