How long after a workout do muscles cease repairing and growing?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.59%

Okay this may sound like a stupid question but I was wondering, Just how long do you need to consistently feed your muscle once you've worked it out? The question stems from this, eating 3500 calories a day, every day in order to maintain my weight is not an easy thing to do every day. There are days where I just feel like taking a break and not eating as much. I'm an ectomorph by nature and it is a big challenge to grow my muscles. However, The point of my question is this, How many days after you have worked out a muscle does the growing period cease. If on my fourth day after working out my chest I decide instead of 3500 cal I will only eat 2000 calories, Will my chest muscles have any affect by that. Are my chest muscles still growing after the fourth day from the workout period. If I continue eating 3500 cal a day am I just putting on weight or are my muscles still repairing themselves and actively growing. Again it may sound silly but I've always wondered just how long does the anabolic growth-enhancement period stay active.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.89%

It depends on how long you've been working out. The less time you've been training the shorter the recovery. It's also *sighs* genetics and how they pertain to your metabolism.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long after a meal do YOU wait before training?
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 11:28 PM
  4. How long after first shot do you know?
    By Mr.50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 04:44 AM
  5. how long after 4ad application can I workout?
    By slydeflex in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 11:10 PM