How long after a workout do muscles cease repairing and growing?
- 10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Okay this may sound like a stupid question but I was wondering, Just how long do you need to consistently feed your muscle once you've worked it out? The question stems from this, eating 3500 calories a day, every day in order to maintain my weight is not an easy thing to do every day. There are days where I just feel like taking a break and not eating as much. I'm an ectomorph by nature and it is a big challenge to grow my muscles. However, The point of my question is this, How many days after you have worked out a muscle does the growing period cease. If on my fourth day after working out my chest I decide instead of 3500 cal I will only eat 2000 calories, Will my chest muscles have any affect by that. Are my chest muscles still growing after the fourth day from the workout period. If I continue eating 3500 cal a day am I just putting on weight or are my muscles still repairing themselves and actively growing. Again it may sound silly but I've always wondered just how long does the anabolic growth-enhancement period stay active.
- 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
It depends on how long you've been working out. The less time you've been training the shorter the recovery. It's also *sighs* genetics and how they pertain to your metabolism.
Similar Forum Threads
- By purebred in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 06-18-2012, 03:16 PM
- By DRod77 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM
- By pdigs in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:28 PM
- By Mr.50 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2006, 03:44 AM
- By slydeflex in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-16-2004, 10:10 PM