Quest bars...

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Anybody else highly addicted to these things ? The profile is legit : 20g protein, 20ish g fiber and no/minimal sugar. The 5-6 g fat I work Into my macros.
Could these labels be lying? They are awesome ! That is all.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, I loved them but Im weird. MOST "sweets" (no matter how healthy/low carb) just make me want to eat more. I would knock out 3 of those and not be even slightly full. Also, in general, I have NEVER found ONE protein bar of any type that has ever satisfied me.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quest bars are great. I haven't tried any of the new flavors though. I like the original line with no sugar alcohols. Don't know when or why they decided to add them. That was a mistake in my opinion but I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

newbreed

Awards
Love Quest bars. Love the brownie. 10 seconds in the microwave then it's like eating a real brownie

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha just ate teh vanilla almond, they are all beter in the microwave for alittelbt, i jsut bought 2 different bos, one assorted original line and one new bars assorted, tehy are all delicious!!! cant beat em

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Looking forward to trying a couple new flavors soon....PB and Jelly and either Lemon Pie or Vanilla Almond Crunch. For some reason stores/gym's only carry a couple of flavors. Cinnamon Bun is the best I've tried so far......

ikeNball- they almost seem to be to good to be true huh?!? What flavors have you tried??

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Lemon pie is good.. But my two favorites are chocolate brownie n the strawberry haven't try pb&j yet tho.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Best protein bar on the market, in my opinion.
I go through about a box a week.
Favorites are Vanilla Almond, coconut, apple pie, and chocolate brownie.
Peace

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always have at least a couple boxes on hand. PB&J, Vanilla Almond Crunch, and Mixed Berry Bliss are my personal favorites.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Tough for me to ear the same flavor for a while.

I've used Eat Smart bars recently and those are not bad at all.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Love Quest bars. Love the brownie. 10 seconds in the microwave then it's like eating a real brownie

Tried this today, and BINGO.....you are correct!!

I just posted a Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream- Brownie Ala Mode recipe in AI's contest thread, using utilizing a Quest bar as the brownie on top!!

Thanks for the idea newbreed and Breezy!!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Omg! Pumpkin pie brownie a la mode?!?! Yum! Sounds like a party in my mouth! I dont think I can have it during prep, but I will sure have to give it a try;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

newbreed

Awards
Tried this today, and BINGO.....you are correct!!

I just posted a Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream- Brownie Ala Mode recipe in AI's contest thread, using utilizing a Quest bar as the brownie on top!!

Thanks for the idea newbreed and Breezy!!
You're welcome. I notice all flavors are awesome after about 10 seconds in the microwave. Could eat them out of the wrapper too but could be a little too chewy

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Omg! Pumpkin pie brownie a la mode?!?! Yum! Sounds like a party in my mouth! I dont think I can have it during prep, but I will sure have to give it a try;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Here's the recipe....I would think you could use most of it during your prep?? Maybe everything but the ff cream cheese?? I don't know how strict you need to be at thsi point!! How many weeks out are you??? What class are you competing in??

"AI's Pumpkin Pie Brownie Ala mode"

Ice Cream-

-Blend 2 scoops AI's Pumpkin Protein along with s/free almond milk, Splenda and Greek Yogurt in blender w/ a few ice cubes and let freeze.

Topping-

- Mix up fat free cream cheese, dark coco powder, splenda and a couple tablespoons of sfree almond milk and heat in microwave

-Cut up half a fudge brownie "Quest Bar" in to little pieces and microwave for approx 25 seconds

Scoop ice cream in bowl, top w/ heated fudge brownie Quest bar chunks and drizzle hot choc/cream cheese sauce on top!!!

Sugar free whipped topping on top would complete this dessert!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow! and how did u not win that promo lol that sounds amaing!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
wow! and how did u not win that promo lol that sounds amaing!
That is a GOOD QUESTION!!! I think it might have been fixed;)

I'm going to make something similar this week and will post up a pic before I devour it!! :wiggle:

Tried Apple Pie this week and am looking forward to trying Lemon Pie and Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest bar's soon....

newbreed

Awards
Here's the recipe....I would think you could use most of it during your prep?? Maybe everything but the ff cream cheese?? I don't know how strict you need to be at thsi point!! How many weeks out are you??? What class are you competing in??

"AI's Pumpkin Pie Brownie Ala mode"

Ice Cream-

-Blend 2 scoops AI's Pumpkin Protein along with s/free almond milk, Splenda and Greek Yogurt in blender w/ a few ice cubes and let freeze.

Topping-

- Mix up fat free cream cheese, dark coco powder, splenda and a couple tablespoons of sfree almond milk and heat in microwave

-Cut up half a fudge brownie "Quest Bar" in to little pieces and microwave for approx 25 seconds

Scoop ice cream in bowl, top w/ heated fudge brownie Quest bar chunks and drizzle hot choc/cream cheese sauce on top!!!

Sugar free whipped topping on top would complete this dessert!!!
YUM!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

I'm going to make something similar this week and will post up a pic before I devour it!! :wiggle:

Tried Apple Pie this week and am looking forward to trying Lemon Pie and Vanilla Almond Crunch soon....
I'm on my isatori eat smart bar kick.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
27g I think, but I done givva shyt. :)
HA!!Like I said, BULKING BAR!!! Actually 27g's isn't horrible but when you eat protein bar's as a snack you gotta watch out for stuff like that, or at least I do!!

I saw you mentioned Eat Smart earlier, I have a coupon for a free one, so will give that a try as well...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Tried Apple Pie this week and am looking forward to trying Lemon Pie and Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest bar's soon....

i just had an applie pie bar myself! i bet u can make a good recipe witht aht

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea some bars have a cray amoutn of carbs, they are relal yjsut cndy bars with sugar alcohols and added protein but thats y some are sooo good lol......the cookies and cream dymatize bar is super good and only has like 21 grams of carbs i think but like 12 grams of fat i think, but still not too bad for liek 30 g protein, but quest bars still win for nutrition and macros by far!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
yea some bars have a cray amoutn of carbs, they are relal yjsut cndy bars with sugar alcohols and added protein but thats y some are sooo good lol......the cookies and cream dymatize bar is super good and only has like 21 grams of carbs i think but like 12 grams of fat i think, but still not too bad for liek 30 g protein, but quest bars still win for nutrition and macros by far!

Very true!! I LOVE Supreme bar's especially the PB & Jelly one's but feel like i'm eating a candy bar when I eat a large one. Sometimes I look at it like this.....most of these bar's have less sugar, fat and carbs than the junk I used to eat so a few times a week isn't bad. Quest bar's are my savor right now since I'm currently dieting!!

I wasn't a huge fan of the Apple Pie, but maybe warmed up in the microwave w/ some vanilla protein ice cream would be better!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very true!! I LOVE Supreme bar's especially the PB & Jelly one's but feel like i'm eating a candy bar when I eat a large one. Sometimes I look at it like this.....most of these bar's have less sugar, fat and carbs than the junk I used to eat so a few times a week isn't bad. Quest bar's are my savor right now since I'm currently dieting!!

I wasn't a huge fan of the Apple Pie, but maybe warmed up in the microwave w/ some vanilla protein ice cream would be better!!
The Quest bars are just OK for me, the texture is goofy.

Power Crunches are where its at for me!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

I like the texture of the Quest because it takes forever to eat, infact my jaw usually hurts afterwards.
Power Crunch Bars are the bomb. I could eat 6 at one sitting if I wanted. PB Choc tastes similar to a Reese's cup to me. Can't beat the price at Walmart ...there only $1.19!!!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the texture of the Quest because it takes forever to eat, infact my jaw usually hurts afterwards.
Power Crunch Bars are the bomb. I could eat 6 at one sitting if I wanted. PB Choc tastes similar to a Reese's cup to me. Can't beat the price at Walmart ...there only $1.19!!!!
While bulking back in the "day" it wasnt completely crazy for me to eat 6 in a sitting!!! Haha

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Oh... May have to go nab a box of these.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Quest bars seem to have a great profile but they're expensive as hell

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

yea they all do almsot have a simlar taste due to teh teture, but this is cu the ingredients are liek the same on all of them lol

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Eat Smart is what I've been on lately...
Those are pretty much the same price. I dont buy protein bars often simply cause Im a cheap bastard but when I do they're usually pureprotein brand

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea they all do almsot have a simlar taste due to teh teture, but this is cu the ingredients are liek the same on all of them lol
I think they all have there unique flavors but i think the part i really like is that its shown as a wafer and it tastes like a wafer.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think they all have there unique flavors but i think the part i really like is that its shown as a wafer and it tastes like a wafer.
i meant he quest bars................... the pro crucnh are relaly good, i havent had one ina while, theres umthin to be said about that crunch haha more bars should get on that!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love quest bars.

Ordered dales raw food protein bars. Waiting for their ar*****.

They use rice hemp and pea protein I believe. Same amount of protein as quest and some have lower net carbs

They have to be refrigerated that's the only down side. But no preservatives or anything

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i meant he quest bars................... the pro crucnh are relaly good, i havent had one ina while, theres umthin to be said about that crunch haha more bars should get on that!
Aaahhhh ok then yes i agree with your previous statement haha.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think your Reese's peanut butter cups may have gone bad!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Update - tried the Lemon Pie and PB and Jelly and they both were really good. Loved the Lemon Pie the best!! Thank you to the Quest bar rep!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quest bar rep?????? oo id liek to try some fun flavors lol

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dales raw protein bars vanilla cashew tastes good. Reminds me somewhat of a cliff bar.

Thy are small. Need to be refrigerated and they are caloric ally dense

They are easier on the jaw then quest bars and easy to eat.

Lots of good flavors. High and low carb options all with good fibers and fats like coconut oil

Downside they are expensive so they would be a luxury bar