is my protein intake messed up?

A

AmazingAJ

Awards
like am i evening it out ok? im afraid i get too much for dinner. 2 chicken tits,1 can tuna,brown rice-74 g in one sitting

breakfast 27g
pwo 48g
lunch 36g
lunch 2 36g
dinner 74g
fiber dx shake at 230am 7g

so is it bad to have like 74g of pro in a single sitting?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
No it's not bad.. sometimes I take in over 150g in one sitting you will be fine! Enjoy

N

newbreed

Awards
like am i evening it out ok? im afraid i get too much for dinner. 2 chicken tits,1 can tuna,brown rice-74 g in one sitting

breakfast 27g
pwo 48g
lunch 36g
lunch 2 36g
dinner 74g
fiber dx shake at 230am 7g

so is it bad to have like 74g of pro in a single sitting?
I like to take in around that much protein for my last meal of the day too and have no complaints.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not bad, but not beneficial either. Your body can't digest and utilize all that protein in so many hours. You aren't doing harm to your body, it's just you aren't making it that much bigger or stringer neccessarily by eating 20% of your daily protein in one sitting. Is there some reason why you need to ingest 74g at dinner? Can you split it up and add in a before bed protein shake or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
If your worried about protein digestion buy betaine HCL and pepsin.....voila! But I warn you your finger nails will grow extremely fast

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
The whole myth behind your body not being able to digest a given amount of protein in one sitting is not true. Your body will metabolize it regardless of whether it utilizes it for tissue synthesis or not. If you consume whole foods with a fat source that contain high amounts of protein, it will take several hours to digest, and therefore provide a steady stream of aminos for utilization. That being said, if you consume to much protein as a whole over a given period of time, then your body simply doesn't need it and will convert it to glucose and/or fat. So essentially it depends on what your body requires at that given time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Weight Loss 31
AntM1564 Anabolics 7
T Anabolics 22
H Nutrition / Health 8
J Nutrition / Health 5