Has anyone tried LeanGains/Intermittent Fasting and HATED IT?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
??????

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
There is a huge thread with a discussion, pop in there and ask. Most in there will probably save they love it though.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I love IF. Once you get through the initial hunger pangs, it's gravy. I've seen great results using it.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I know a few people who couldn't deal with the fasting part of it. plenty of threads about it though like Aaron said :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No,i never will..I love food and likw to eat
You eat on IF....you just do it in a smaller window.

I'm a LeanGains lifer. Even on UD 2.0 I'm still having a 14-16 hour fast.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards

If anything you can get away with eating even more including maybe not the healthiest of choices on LG. IMHO of course.. both are dependant on within reason, and all the other cavaetts.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find the first week to be rough as you're adjusting but then it gets much easier.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find the first week to be rough as you're adjusting but then it gets much easier.
I can honestly say I don't really "get hungry" in the morning anymore. I don't eat until basically noon (wake up around 7:30), but I don't ever really get hungry before then like I did when I first started. Don't get me wrong as eating time gets close I start to really be ready to eat, but at say 8-9-10-11 it's not that noticeable at all for me. Think I've adapted. Palov's dogs type response around 11:30 as I know feeding is coming up and I get super hungry then, but I'm so close it's not a big deal.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can honestly say I don't really "get hungry" in the morning anymore. I don't eat until basically noon (wake up around 7:30), but I don't ever really get hungry before then like I did when I first started. Don't get me wrong as eating time gets close I start to really be ready to eat, but at say 8-9-10-11 it's not that noticeable at all for me. Think I've adapted. Palov's dogs type response around 11:30 as I know feeding is coming up and I get super hungry then, but I'm so close it's not a big deal.
lol, good explanation! I'm the same way after I get used to it. The first 10-12 hours or so are pretty easy. Then, just like you, when meal time draws closer, I start anticipating being able to eat and that makes me more hungry then anything.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

From my knowlesde when u wake u dont eat for hrs then in a window of time you do,then u dont again for hours

Yeah,i dnt like that..i have a very physical job and i get hungry and not eating for hours isnt a great idea. Especially since idk how often i can stop and eat,which i always find a way too.It def wouldnt fit in my daily routine

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From my knowlesde when u wake u dont eat for hrs then in a window of time you do,then u dont again for hours

Yeah,i dnt like that..i have a very physical job and i get hungry and not eating for hours isnt a great idea. Especially since idk how often i can stop and eat,which i always find a way too.It def wouldnt fit in my daily routine
Technically it wouldn't have to be not eating when you wake. You could not eat for 5 hours before you went to bed or something and then make the time you wake up your eating window. It does seem to be easier for most to "fast" during the morning (a continuation of your fast from sleeping).

Anyways, it isn't for everyone, but I stay very satiated on it despite not eating the first 5 hours I'm awake.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Technically it wouldn't have to be not eating when you wake. You could not eat for 5 hours before you went to bed or something and then make the time you wake up your eating window. It does seem to be easier for most to "fast" during the morning (a continuation of your fast from sleeping).

Anyways, it isn't for everyone, but I stay very satiated on it despite not eating the first 5 hours I'm awake.
Ok,i gotcha..so it could be something like i wake up eat normally,lets say my post work out meal is 545 i just wouldnt wat til i woke in the morning...my stomach would be moaning and groanibg and rumbling man..it aleeasy gets like that 90 mins after i eat already

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Tried it, loved it! Not overly strict with it. Some days I have a 9 hour window, some days I have a 5 hour window. I don't really police it or plan it out, it just kind of happens naturally now. Occasionally, I'll eat all day.

People flip when I suggest they stop eating breakfast. Fat people at work ask for my advice but they waddle off just thinking I'm a lucky idiot with good genes.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like IF, it's really just a late breakfast and a early dinner for me. I sleep pretty long (8-10 hours) so it's just not eating for the first 3-4 hours I'm awake (I have class anyway) and not eating 3-4 hours before bed. Not hard at all especially if you have your diet down and eating enough fats.

It just fits my schedule really well and I have been doing it for a while, it's just called being busy lol.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried it, loved it! Not overly strict with it. Some days I have a 9 hour window, some days I have a 5 hour window. I don't really police it or plan it out, it just kind of happens naturally now. Occasionally, I'll eat all day.

People flip when I suggest they stop eating breakfast. Fat people at work ask for my advice but they waddle off just thinking I'm a lucky idiot with good genes.
I'm also not strong on my window. Sometimes I won't eat "lunch" (first meal) until 1. I often eat until 9 or 10 when I should be cutting it off at 8. Sometimes my last meal is 7. I don't really sweat the whole I must have a 16 hour fast daily aspect.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried it once last year and hated it. My macros were fairly reasonable, I followed the guidelines on the website for cutting. My two biggest problems (really these were the only problems, but they were deal breakers) was that it was very hard to fit in my food in that time range, and I stopped losing fat totally and started losing muscle.

I don't know what possessed me to try it again, but I gave it another go this year. So far, so good. I for some reason had much less problem fitting my cals in the window (I eat a whole lot more nowadays, too), and the body recomp is on the positive side. Worth mentioning is I find the diet far more successful with more carbs; I normally am/was carb sensitive, but now I eat around 500g on lifting days and 150-180g on off days.

An important difference is that I'm not cutting right now, but I'm bulking.

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
I've tried IF, done it for a month here and there but cant do it long term. I get too hungry and find myself getting near uncontrollable hunger and cravings. I noticed I tend to cheat and binge much more often when running IF. Recently trialed the carb backloading protocol as well and found myself in a similar situation.

I must be a balanced meal kind of guy

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I started doing IF and moved to ADF. Works better IME. My gf loves leangains and has made really good progress on it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My only problem with LG is my work schedule and work out schedule is too sporadic. Some days I work days other times evenings & my days off vary through out the week.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW, surprised I didnt get many negatives at all

Thought for sure the love affair would have diminished by now. Apparently not

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
WOW, surprised I didnt get many negatives at all

Thought for sure the love affair would have diminished by now. Apparently not
Fasting works. And there seems to be increasing amounts of evidence from a life extension stance. Mainly from adf (alternate day fasting) where you fast for 24hrs, but theres big benefits and it seems muscle doesnt just fall off when you dont eat like was once thought.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I tried it once last year and hated it. My macros were fairly reasonable, I followed the guidelines on the website for cutting. My two biggest problems (really these were the only problems, but they were deal breakers) was that it was very hard to fit in my food in that time range, and I stopped losing fat totally and started losing muscle.

I don't know what possessed me to try it again, but I gave it another go this year. So far, so good. I for some reason had much less problem fitting my cals in the window (I eat a whole lot more nowadays, too), and the body recomp is on the positive side. Worth mentioning is I find the diet far more successful with more carbs; I normally am/was carb sensitive, but now I eat around 500g on lifting days and 150-180g on off days.

An important difference is that I'm not cutting right now, but I'm bulking.
This was me to a T. Also I had digestion probs while I was doing it. My cravings for junk were amplified while on it. I'm sold on carb cycling for both cutting and bulking. Plus training legs fasted at 430 am killed me. To each there own, whatever you make a lifestyle do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This was me to a T. Also I had digestion probs while I was doing it. My cravings for junk were amplified while on it. I'm sold on carb cycling for both cutting and bulking. Plus training legs fasted at 430 am killed me. To each there own, whatever you make a lifestyle do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
What do you do know a days? No more I/F? :)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I've been eating all my food in about an 8 hour window then fasting for a few hours before sleep and then sleeping about 8-10 hours but I can't make it to 16 I just can't

1newbie

Awards
Overall really liked it. Struggled with scheduling it around our family sit down dinner though.....

J.wayne

J.wayne

Awards
I just started it and surprisingly the hunger wasnt near as bad as I thought it would be. I actually feel alot better when im on the fasting portion of the day since my body isnt digesting food constantly.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kudos to all of you who are using this successfullly ;)

I may try again soon. Maybe

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
4 days in and I love it, I wish I would've started this earlier, oh well I'm still 18 I have a long way to go anyway.