Possibly too acidic, got urinary analysis done? Need more greens?

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Just wondering if I maybe need to add a greens supplement like Greens 8000 into my diet. My pH from my urinary analysis was 6.0 and to my understand that is pretty acidic? What do you guys think? I don't eat too many raw veggies at all. Lots of meat of course.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Damn...try Oximega Greens, it could help I guess...Also why not supplementing some Sugar-Free fiber like Metamucil? I get it at walmart when I am cutting/recomping to add the extra fiber in!

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Both good ideas! I've just heard amazing things about chocolate greens by greensworld so I mentioned that as well. Benefits to metamucil?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Both good ideas! I've just heard amazing things about chocolate greens by greensworld so I mentioned that as well. Benefits to metamucil?
Extra fiber haha, for me it is the golden jewel for when I feel like my bowel movements are not the way i want them to be. Sometimes we lack micro-nutrients in the diet, thus the veggies or multi-vitamins and greens supplements...but we tend to forget Fiber is more than essential for our lifestyle too! Specially in the digestion of dietary fats and protein! Could help IMO.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Ahhhh welll the BM department is allll gravy just was concerned about that pH part!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Pro body builder Ben Pakulski talked about the importance of alkaizing your system in a video i watched of his. He said greens shakes and lemon in water are good ways to do it.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Relax. The normal values range from 4.6 to 8.0.
The pH scale ranges acid0-14alkaline. Humans are normally alkaline beings. "Normal"range is above 7(neutral) for your body.
Edit; urine ideal range is 5.8 to 6.8.

ACV will help alkalize you, it is an acid neutralizer.

I dont agree with medical beliefs regarding this topic as most believe diet has no effect.

Naturopath, homeopath, Chinese beliefs tend to lead this way

http://altered-states.net/barry/update178/index.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't place any weight whatsoever to a urinary test of your pH. Several transient factors can confound the test and make you look more acidic than you actually are; for instance, urination is one way of eliminating waste through your body, and depending on when you eat, different environmental factors, and the time of day you test, you can be catching your urine at a time point when your body is eliminating waste products or toxins, which tend to be more acidic. To be frank urine pH is a poor indicator of your blood alkalinity, although if you read high it at least means you shouldn't worry about it. Evidently, you tested normal-high.

vassille

Awards
Pro body builder Ben Pakulski talked about the importance of alkaizing your system in a video i watched of his. He said greens shakes and lemon in water are good ways to do it.
I do lemon in water more for hydration purposes and I feel like it def helps