Macro and diet help.

tony620

Awards
Hi I am pretty new to weight lifting only been doing it for around 4 months and am happy with what gains I have made so far but feel I am slowing down a bit.

I do a manual job of double glazing installation lifting, running around, climbing ladders etc etc I am just wondering if my calories and macros look any good or I should be eating abut more I am trying to make gains while keeping body fat gains as low as possible the reason for this is a went from being very overweight to doing a ton of cardio only got down to 72 kg then the weight loss stopped so stupidly I lowered calories and had been eating 1800 max plus hours of cardio for the best part of 12 months with the odd high calorie day. This has left me with a lot of fat around the waist and skinny everywhere else.

In 4 months I am now upto 79kg at 5ft 10 feel a lot better but really don't want to add more fat to my stomach.

ATM I am having around 320 carbs 200 protein and 90 fat which equates to around 2900 calories

Does this look ok or should I be eating more I do still do cycling for afew hours 1-2 days but am going to up calories on them days by another 600?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are back to trying to gain mass, and the gains aren't happening, then that isn't enough. Really you should only expect to gain at most a kg a month if you want it all to be lean, so slow is ok.

vassille

Awards
Hi I am pretty new to weight lifting only been doing it for around 4 months and am happy with what gains I have made so far but feel I am slowing down a bit.

I do a manual job of double glazing installation lifting, running around, climbing ladders etc etc I am just wondering if my calories and macros look any good or I should be eating abut more I am trying to make gains while keeping body fat gains as low as possible the reason for this is a went from being very overweight to doing a ton of cardio only got down to 72 kg then the weight loss stopped so stupidly I lowered calories and had been eating 1800 max plus hours of cardio for the best part of 12 months with the odd high calorie day. This has left me with a lot of fat around the waist and skinny everywhere else.

In 4 months I am now upto 79kg at 5ft 10 feel a lot better but really don't want to add more fat to my stomach.

ATM I am having around 320 carbs 200 protein and 90 fat which equates to around 2900 calories

Does this look ok or should I be eating more I do still do cycling for afew hours 1-2 days but am going to up calories on them days by another 600?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I just want to point out that the typical advice that we all hear from FDA gurus and some dumb trainers of LOWERING CALORIES AND INCREASE CARDIO DOES NOT WORK!!! PERIOD!
All you do is burn muscle and keep the fat.
Sorry to highjack your thread but you are typical example of what not to do.

Ok, now back to the other point. in order to lose fat it is wise to keep insulin as low and level as possible. Insulin is a storage hormon. If it;s stays up weight loss is at a minimum and contrary one will put on fat even with cardio.
So if you lower the carbs to under 100g and increase the fat intake you will be in a better position to lose fat and gain muscle or keep what you have at least;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you have only 2 meals with significant carbs and aren't insulin insensitive, each meal will only elevate insulin for a couple hours, so you can still lose fat while taking in a good bit of carbs

tony620

Awards
Cheers for the info guys. Last 3 weeks I have done hardly any cardio due to knee injury and seen my lifts go up a lot even with a heavy work load. Seems added calories and the extra rest seems to help.