plant based diet?

whodey41

Awards
My mom has a crazy amount of health issues, diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure is out of wack, gets crazy infections, and on top of all that has throat cancer. Heard of this plant based diet and was curious if anyone has any personal experience with it. The claims it makes seem unreal, but I'm thinking it may be worth a 3 month try for her just to see how it goes.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
You mean being a vegitarian or vegan? Or is there some other special diet with a name out there?

whodey41

Awards
I think it basically came down to vegan, just was called this on the site I was reading. A lot of the things I've read has pointed me to the movie forks over knives, will watch that tonight.

AdiPure7

Awards
Yes, I recommend reading the China Study. It basically says a whole food plant based diet is proven to inhibit cancer growth and prevent/treat against a lot of diseases. After reading it, you'll never want to eat meat or drink milk again! Lol

whodey41

Awards
Thanks I'll look for that book. I've been doing a lot of research on nutrition in correlation to health. It really is mind blowing what the claims are and the studys show. I'm sure a lot of it is biased and stretched to fit their theories, but it has to have some substance.

whodey41

Awards
Just ordered that book. Thanks for the suggestion!

blueice

Awards
vegetarian, plant-based dieters

You need to take care about what you eat in order to obtain the maximum nutrients from your food. Like for example, vegans eat foods from plant origins only, soya products are valuable sources of vitamins and minerals. Protein foods like eggs, wholegrain and soya beans are all excellent and inexpensive sources of protein. Get plenty of iron, so fill up on leafy green vegetables such as cabbage, dried apricots and broccoli. Zinc levels should also vary like sprinkle some wheatgerm and seeds over meals.

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
China Study for the most part has been debunked and Forks over Knives is a biased take on the veggie/vegan lifestyle

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The china study is really bull****. Serious. Debunked ike crazy. Searcgh for threads on it, i know JudoJosh has posted on it. Completly ****.

vassille

Awards
My mom has a crazy amount of health issues, diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure is out of wack, gets crazy infections, and on top of all that has throat cancer. Heard of this plant based diet and was curious if anyone has any personal experience with it. The claims it makes seem unreal, but I'm thinking it may be worth a 3 month try for her just to see how it goes.
Diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure are all possible high insulin complications. It would benefit her to go on a low carb diet. As for the throat cancer look into high dose vitamins such as vit D and boosting her immune system.

vassille

Awards
The china study is really bull****. Serious. Debunked ike crazy. Searcgh for threads on it, i know JudoJosh has posted on it. Completly ****.
+1. I wouldnt trust it either

AdiPure7

Awards
Debunked? What's the leading cause of of death in America? Heart disease. What country consumes the most from dairy/animal sources which are high in saturated fat? USA. I don't mean be blatant but it makes sense and there are a lot of studies that back it up.

AdiPure7

Awards
And a low carb diet? Yeah if you want to dehydrate yourself.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Debunked? What's the leading cause of of death in America? Heart disease. What country consumes the most from dairy/animal sources which are high in saturated fat? USA. I don't mean be blatant but it makes sense and there are a lot of studies that back it up.
Yes, heavily debunked. In fact a member of this forum made a very long, in depth post on how it was debunked. How about you check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4

Its a snippet from a documentary called fat head.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards

India consumes the least amount of animal meat high in saturated fat. Guess what their number one cause of death is....wait for it.....heart disease.

India has the highest percentage of vegans & vegetarians in the entire world. Guess what their number one cause of death is....see above.

AdiPure7

Awards
There are a lot of other factors like exercise poverty and genetics that play a role. 1/3 of India's population is poor. Also their healthcare system is barely developed so the surgeries in the US that we take for granted are not utilized in India. Again consuming excess saturated fat raises your LDL levels(bad cholesterol) which forms a plaque in your arteries. Why do you think Every other American is overweight?

ChainLink

Awards
There are a lot of other factors like exercise poverty and genetics that play a role. 1/3 of India's population is poor. Also their healthcare system is barely developed so the surgeries in the US that we take for granted are not utilized in India. Again consuming excess saturated fat raises your LDL levels(bad cholesterol) which forms a plaque in your arteries. Why do you think Every other American is overweight?
Consistently elevated insulin secretion and the metabolic syndrome that follows.

vassille

Awards
And a low carb diet? Yeah if you want to dehydrate yourself.
You have a lot to learn my friend, I'd suggest do more reading and less posting for a while till you get you footing in the nutrition world more established.
I dont care how you personally eat but posting stuff that is not correct will get you nowhere fast. All these ppl who answered your posts are correct and in time if you bother to research rather than post diner tables conversations will come to a different result.
It also wont hurt to try some of the diets yourself and get blood work done which will help to clear up misconceptions. Many seasoned ppl on this board has done their research and had personal experiences to share. If you did that you wont be taking like you do.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
2/3's or indias population are not poor by your reasoning. I know many people who have "excessive" fat intakes who are 5-10%bf who do not have clogged arteries etc.

Being FAT makes you at risk for heart disease, eating fat does not. The too are not directly correlated just because the words match. Find the linkage between saturated fats and testosterone and get your blood work done, for all you know, you might have lower test because you avoid it.

Like I said, watch the video snippet and do some research. Being overweight places you at risk for heart disease, not eating fat.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Also a diet high in carbs but also a very sedentary population. Come on, you can't be that naive.

AdiPure7

Awards
I never said that saturated fat causes obesity. Most of America is sedentary and does not eat their recommended daily value of fiber which fights against high cholesterol levels. You can't deny that high cholesterol leads to heart disease. I understand what you are saying about research as I am becoming a dietitian at that moment. Have you read the China study?

vassille

Awards
I never said that saturated fat causes obesity. Most of America is sedentary and does not eat their recommended daily value of fiber which fights against high cholesterol levels. You can't deny that high cholesterol leads to heart disease. I understand what you are saying about research as I am becoming a dietitian at that moment. Have you read the China study?
It's nonsense.
This entire mess about low fat diet was started by this idiot..Ancel Keys. Read up on him and see how his study is bogus much like the china study.
Cholesterol as a whole does not lead to heart disease. Why do you think the liver makes cholesterol...to kill us??
Low density LDL gets trapped under inflamed arteries which allow the small particle LDL to sneak into the creavices causing plague to form. You CANNOT eliminate cholesterol ....you will die!
People die more often from low cholesterol than normal cholesterol.
Cholesterol is essential to life, the brain, skin and many other organs in our body.
Being sedentary means nothing to cholesterol levels. Infants who are obese do not choose to not exercise..think about it!!
In general contrary to popular belief exercise has nothing to do with cholesterol. If you eat planty of carbohydrates in many cases you will get fat even if you exercise.
These are a few facts to work on understanding nutrition. I abreviated some of the explanations but you get the idea. Keep researching you barely scratched the surface. If you only source of info is the research on china study you are not going to learn a lot...THat's saying the Ancel Keys was correct in his study which know he was dead wrong.
Here is example for you to explain to me: why do eschimo population leave a healthy life only eating fat about 75% of their diet and protein with minimal berries intake in the summer?
Hint, their cholesterol is high yet they wont die of heart disease as you suggest.

AdiPure7

Awards
Yes cholesterol is produced by the liver but we do not need to ingest it at all. Even though there is a Daily value for it does not mean it is essential. The low fat diet in the china study is the only part I slightly disagree with. Its only for people who are fighting against disease or obesity in my opinion. I can't make an assumption about the Eskimos because there is so much that affects their lifestyle other than diet. (Genetics, exercise, etc)

vassille

Awards
Prob best if you start another thread about this if you interested in further discussion.

vassille

Awards
Thanks I'll look for that book. I've been doing a lot of research on nutrition in correlation to health. It really is mind blowing what the claims are and the studys show. I'm sure a lot of it is biased and stretched to fit their theories, but it has to have some substance.
Dont be fooled there are just claims. Just look at what happened to america where so many ppl are sick and overweight. It all started with a theory and biased info and here we are 50 years later of the low fat epidemic.
What foods would you be eating on a plant diet?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yes cholesterol is produced by the liver but we do not need to ingest it at all. Even though there is a Daily value for it does not mean it is essential. The low fat diet in the china study is the only part I slightly disagree with. Its only for people who are fighting against disease or obesity in my opinion. I can't make an assumption about the Eskimos because there is so much that affects their lifestyle other than diet. (Genetics, exercise, etc)
We do need to ingest it, the liver doesnt make enough of it.

whodey41

Awards
Prob best if you start another thread about this if you interested in further discussion.
I actually enjoy the 2 different views and will be researching both. As far as me personally I won't be doing any plant based diet or vegan, more or less taking elements of it and cutting down the meat intake somewhat, if I find that's the diet choice I like. My plan was to use it to help out my mom who's cancer was in remission in trying to stay that way. And along with that help her diabetes, high blood pressure, and just overall horrible health.

whodey41

Awards
As I said in my first post, I know the China study, forks over knives, and the things pushing veganism is biased, just like a diet supporting high meat intake would have bias proving their point. That's why intend on reading things that say to debunk the China study once I've finished reading it. Personally for me, I want to find a diet that works for me, and helps me maintain long term health, while still being able to enjoy a can of Dr pepper and some chipotle. Pure veganism is no way I could live.

AdiPure7

Awards
Our body makes enough cholesterol. I don't know where you learned that the liver doesn't make enough. The human body is always trying to maintain homeostasis. If there wasn't enough cholesterol than it would simply produce more.

AdiPure7

Awards
Vassille you are missing the point. A low fat diet is not the main argument. It is eating naturally. Plants, fruits vegetables, legumes, seeds, etc. Meat has no carbs and is high in saturated fat. You can get protein from plants just as easy as from meat. I am not a vegetarian but I feel a lot better as an athlete when I eat a salad and drink water instead of eating a chicken sandwich and milk.

vassille

Awards
I actually enjoy the 2 different views and will be researching both. As far as me personally I won't be doing any plant based diet or vegan, more or less taking elements of it and cutting down the meat intake somewhat, if I find that's the diet choice I like. My plan was to use it to help out my mom who's cancer was in remission in trying to stay that way. And along with that help her diabetes, high blood pressure, and just overall horrible health.
That's a fair approach.
About the thread I wasnt sure you wanted all this talking points on here and didnt want to go off course from the original post. Nutrition is simple yet complex and there is always plenty to talk about especially the many views that are out there. It took me many years to sort through fact and fiction. THere is a lot of missinformation out there and some is coming from the food manufacturers which doesnt help the situation.

vassille

Awards
Vassille you are missing the point. A low fat diet is not the main argument. It is eating naturally. Plants, fruits vegetables, legumes, seeds, etc. Meat has no carbs and is high in saturated fat. You can get protein from plants just as easy as from meat. I am not a vegetarian but I feel a lot better as an athlete when I eat a salad and drink water instead of eating a chicken sandwich and milk.
Your hypotesis is unfounded. Meat is also natural and saturated fat is good for you. Yes you can eat a balanced diet with meat, vegetables, seeds, and to an extent lower amount of legumes and be just fine. I grew up in an environment where we consumed a plant based diet in the summer along with some meat and in the winter we ate mostly meat and saturated fat/lard. I would never just live off a plant based diet, it would be useless and would have little to no benefit to me long term. I have relatives who are well into their 80-90 eating like this and are just fine.

Being an athlete is different than being a regular person. An athlete would push the body to the limit to increase performance. Taking for exmple creatine is not great for you body but it helps with perfomance. So you see there is a consequence for everything we do. THe question is what do you want to accomplish!

AdiPure7

Awards
Lol vassille as long as we are settling this debate. I agree but there are good and bad sources of saturated fat. I am currently horrible at cooking so there is no way I can integrate a plant based diet. And as far as working towards something, it's true that there are pros and cons. I'm not so sure thought about creatine because it's never been proven to cause harm when drinking enough water.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Our body makes enough cholesterol. I don't know where you learned that the liver doesn't make enough. The human body is always trying to maintain homeostasis. If there wasn't enough cholesterol than it would simply produce more.
True, but getting it in the food supply is more effecient, or should I say you dont have to avoid eating it because your body makes it anyway haha. Normally, our body produces roughly ~80% of total cholesterol. The rest can come from exogenous sources, i.e the food supply.

And not suite as easily. For one, plant proteins are not absorbed QUITE as quickly as animal proteins nor do plants have complete amino profiles so you must have a wide variety of plant sources to create a complete protein molecule. Thus if a plant is missing just one amino and you fail to provide a plant source providing another then a complete protein cannot be made.

But if you know which ones to use, then by all means. But eating healthy isnt defined as just eating plants.

vassille

Awards
Lol vassille as long as we are settling this debate. I agree but there are good and bad sources of saturated fat. I am currently horrible at cooking so there is no way I can integrate a plant based diet. And as far as working towards something, it's true that there are pros and cons. I'm not so sure thought about creatine because it's never been proven to cause harm when drinking enough water.
Like what fats are you refering?
Well if you cant cook then make a salad that's plant based.
Creatine is over rated. I tried it, been training for 20 years I preffer to not take creatine. When I took it I was always dehydrated, bloated and as soon as I stop it all the water weight goes away and you back to the initial starting point. I preffer to spend the money on food.lol
I get more bang for my buck that way!
Im sure it may work for some..maybe for those who dont make enough or eat it but I dont seem to need it.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Like what fats are you refering?
Well if you cant cook then make a salad that's plant based.
Creatine is over rated. I tried it, been training for 20 years I preffer to not take creatine. When I took it I was always dehydrated, bloated and as soon as I stop it all the water weight goes away and you back to the initial starting point. I preffer to spend the money on food.lol
I get more bang for my buck that way!
Im sure it may work for some..maybe for those who dont make enough or eat it but I dont seem to need it.
I dont think creatine is overrated (especially since its dirt cheap), but its certainly not necessary. But I definitly agree if you have to decide which way to spend your money, good food is always the way to go.

AdiPure7

Awards
Jiigzz I don't want to get in Another big argument lol but your liver produces all of the cholesterol you need for your cells. This makes it non essential for you to consume. Also I wouldnt worry too much about amino acids as long as the protein intake is above the RDA. Including a variety of plants in your diet ensures you get all of the essential amino acids for a vegetarian. I could eat a peanut butter sandwich and have a complete protein meal or just eat soy or quinoa which are also complete.

vassille

Awards
Jiigzz I don't want to get in Another big argument lol but your liver produces all of the cholesterol you need for your cells. This makes it non essential for you to consume. Also I wouldnt worry too much about amino acids as long as the protein intake is above the RDA. Including a variety of plants in your diet ensures you get all of the essential amino acids for a vegetarian. I could eat a peanut butter sandwich and have a complete protein meal or just eat soy or quinoa which are also complete.
If you just want to be vegetarian that's fine but dont mistake that for being healthier because it is not. It has it's own challanges even though you seem to make yourself believe otherwise.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You realise that Athletes, Bodybuilders etc. have a different protein requirement to that of a sedentary person right? RDA's dont apply for macros. Hence why their is exercise nutritionalists and general public nutritionalists. Sedenatry people can eat as little as .8g/KG/BW of protein per day for their needs as they dont put much stress on their muscles, whereas a weight liffter needs 1.6-1.8g/KG/BW and an adolescent needs 2g/Kg/BW. IT varies dependant on how active you are.

AdiPure7

Awards
Yes I know that protein intake depends a lot on activity and age. I was just saying that a vegetarian can get all the amino acids. And vassille I'm not pushing vegetarianism I'm just saying there is a lot more benefits to a plant based diet than there is just mostly meat. As long as you eat enough fruits vegetables and fiber by all means meat can be incorporated into a healthy lifestyle.

vassille

Awards
Incorporating plants and meat is def a better combo. In reality our bodies do not care what the brain thinks. Food is processed the same way for millions of years. So understnading our digestive track is more important than trying to align our theories with certain lifestyle because some study say so. I have gotten to the point that I will call a spade a spade if I see the theory is wrong. For 50 years Ancel Keys theory of fat being bad has yielded a world of fat and unhealthy population. It's time to change that and call this low fat theory for what it is..bull shiet!
Vegetables, meat, fats and some fruits in the right combination will from my experience yield the best results. This we can agree on.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Fuel for the Fire:

Showing benefits of vegetarian and low meat diets over high meat diets. (cancer, diabetes etc.)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22717188

Lower blood pressure for veggie heads
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230619

vegan diets don't improve alkalinity
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22142775

High consumption of red meat promotes diabetes -> "confirms a positive association"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22983636

Less meat = less chance of cancer, diabetes, coronary heart disease.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22964113

And to be fair, I typed 'vegetarian bad' and 'vegetarian unhealthy' into pubmed and got this...

Vegetarian diets adequate for children, unless: "too much reliance on convenience foods, lack of variety and lack of exercise." Which is true for any diet.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9670174

Vegetarian diet following fasting is beneficial for rheumatoid arthritis patients
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11252685

Vegetarian women less likely to develop gestational diabetes mellitus
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22195364

Atherosclerosis prevented by low-fat diet
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7661078

Lacto-ovovegetarian diet used to treat type 2 diabetes, athersclerosis, metabolic syndrome.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2203210

And the ONE study mostly showing evidence against a vegetarian diet
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10423098

Interesting? I prefer this method over spouting opinion/talking points. If you can't find research to back it up, then don't say it. (That's an invitation to you, to do research and present it)

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, that sounded really combative. I've had a sh!tty day lol.

But for real, I'd be interested to see some contradictory research.

vassille

Awards
There is no fuel for the fire because anybody can manipulate any data and write articles to serve their purpose. THat's nothing new.
I mean some articles are just presenting a point of view that is troublesome. Meat doesnt promote diabetes that's ridiculous and I dont need any article to suggest that. I can try that theory myself and I have over the years. In contrary, my sugar glucose has improved by 10-15% since I lowered my carbs and I eat as much meat and fat as I want. The same goes with blood pressure. On carbs I had elevated blood pressure now on low carbs I run 110 over 65 and Im 6ft 240-245lbs with 8% body fat. So you see I rather take people's experiences and my own over scientific data which is most cases bias because of who pays for the study itself.
The one issue I see with a plant based diet entirely in bodybuilding is that it doesnt really work well. I know there are some ppl doing it but there is too much need for protein and extra energy that plants cant supply to fully develop the body. But I think a diet can be enhanced with plants and can be incorporated along with meat and fat.

vassille

Awards
The one important factor in this entire discussion is insulin. The more we eat foods that require the release of insulin the greater risk for our health. If you want to understand more about this just look into type 1 and 2 diabetes over a lifetime of people with these diseases. You will see that high insulin will eventually create high blood pressure, increase fat storage,lipid problems (high trigrycerides, bad LDL etc) and the so called methbolic syndrome. Besides, when insulin is elevated growth hormone and other proceses including fat burning from adipose issue is stopped because our bodies get the signal to store through insulin.
So meat and fat are not our enemy but the real enemy is our own ignorance.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
The one important factor in this entire discussion is insulin. The more we eat foods that require the release of insulin the greater risk for our health. If you want to understand more about this just look into type 1 and 2 diabetes over a lifetime of people with these diseases. You will see that high insulin will eventually create high blood pressure, increase fat storage,lipid problems (high trigrycerides, bad LDL etc) and the so called methbolic syndrome. Besides, when insulin is elevated growth hormone and other proceses including fat burning from adipose issue is stopped because our bodies get the signal to store through insulin.
So meat and fat are not our enemy but the real enemy is our own ignorance.
Protein instigates a high insulin response, similar to carbohydrates. Meat typically has a high protein content, and therefore induces insulin release.

If you'd rather talk about personal experiences than published research, I know a guy who was pretty much 'Mr. Meat', ate hamburgers and the like quite frequently -> developed diabetes -> lived with it for a while and became overweight and weak -> went 'raw vegan' and was relieved entirely of his diabetes and subsequent fat gain.

There is no fuel for the fire because anybody can manipulate any data and write articles to serve their purpose. THat's nothing new.
I mean some articles are just presenting a point of view that is troublesome. Meat doesnt promote diabetes that's ridiculous and I dont need any article to suggest that. I can try that theory myself and I have over the years. In contrary, my sugar glucose has improved by 10-15% since I lowered my carbs and I eat as much meat and fat as I want. The same goes with blood pressure. On carbs I had elevated blood pressure now on low carbs I run 110 over 65 and Im 6ft 240-245lbs with 8% body fat. So you see I rather take people's experiences and my own over scientific data which is most cases bias because of who pays for the study itself.
The one issue I see with a plant based diet entirely in bodybuilding is that it doesnt really work well. I know there are some ppl doing it but there is too much need for protein and extra energy that plants cant supply to fully develop the body. But I think a diet can be enhanced with plants and can be incorporated along with meat and fat.
I'm sorry, but if you really believe that the vast majority of studies (and therefore all 11 studies I posted above as nill) done on health as it relates to diet is designed to be biased so that.... Wait, what would even be the point of this bias you are claiming? But if you really are not willing to engage on that level then there is no way we can have a useful discussion. I prefer to stay away from here-say and 'things I've heard/think I know'.

It is absolutely true that there are certain agendas being promoted throughout the scientific community, an example are those of pharmaceutical companies which stand to profit from selling more product, but who stands to profit from pushing a vegetarian/vegan diet? There's not a lot of big money there, not that I'm aware of (the here-say part).

It is unreasonable and a willingness for ignorance to refuse the findings of current research.

Protein promoting insulin resistance
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/145544.php

Even Lance Armstrong agrees on protein's promotion of insulin resistance lol.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/273757-high-protein-diets-insulin/

vassille

Awards
"Protein instigates a high insulin response, similar to carbohydrates".

Your body only breaks down no more than 30% of the protein intake for glucose IF it has to do it. So if you eat 100g of protein only 30g will be onverted to glucose if the body needs it.
Very very wrong! Not by long shot. Take a glucose meter eat protein check your glucose then eat carbs like rice check glucose and get back to me. Let me know what you find!
Your friend got diabetes not because the meat but because he ate the buns with that burger to put in simple terms. lol
And when you eat fat/carbs/protein in abundance it triggesrs a cascade of bad things where the body will deal with the high glucose first and store the fat as adipose fat and also dumping some glucose as triglycerides in the blood stream. Basic biochemistry if you want to look into.

vassille

Awards
"It is absolutely true that there are certain agendas being promoted throughout the scientific community, an example are those of pharmaceutical companies which stand to profit from selling more product, but who stands to profit from pushing a vegetarian/vegan diet? There's not a lot of big money there, not that I'm aware of (the here-say part). "

Many people who promote a vegan diet are against killing animals for food. I understand their point of view and I admire their cause, it's more humanitarian than promoting vegan as being healthy. I also can agree that people can eat what they want however, what I dont agree with is how we are being told what to eat (mostly carbs) and how foods affect people (diabetes). A calorie is not a calorie!!! People dont get fat because they are laizy most times, and dont exercise enough. It is a complex argument and in reality if one can dig deeper into biochemistry books and actually experiement with eating certain foods and understanding how these foods actually work along with hormones many of the myths will be just that myths!
Smart knowledge is power bad science can kill. Think about it!

AdiPure7

Awards
Just like ancel keys is giving fat a bad name. You are giving carbs a bad one. Carbs are the main source of energy for the body. In your case which your carb intake is relatively lower or someone who disregards carbs will induce ketosis which uses stored fat for energy. People think they are losing fat during this process but it's just water weight from the body neutralizing the ketones acidity by increased urination. If you don't eat enough carbs your body is pulling protein from your organs and muscles which can lead to failure of your heart/kidneys/liver etc. Low Carb diets are complete failures even though they show short term results. Look at the Atkins diet.