Any one tried Intermittent Fasting for with success?????

Mkspillai

Awards
Just wondering if anyone's tried Intermittent Fasting for weight loss with good results... If so was wondering if you give me some pointers.. How long to fast... And what was your feeding window.. I've heard of 20hr fast with a 4 hr window for feeding and I've heard of 18hr with 6 hr window... I was planning to do 20 hr and then do 2 meals.. One to break fast and pre workout and the big meal post workout...

Any suggestions???

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
There is a huge thread about this read it it will answer any questions u may have dont be lazy read the whole thread it took me a few days but after i read it all i didnt really have any questions

Mkspillai

Awards
There is a huge thread about this read it it will answer any questions u may have dont be lazy read the whole thread it took me a few days but after i read it all i didnt really have any questions
I have been searching... Can't seem to find the thread.. Any chance u could give me the link bro???

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Its in the nutrition/health section just bumped it for u

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing 20hr fast with one pre and post meal. I'be dropped but no faster than frequent small meals. At this point its lifestyle preferance. Check the thread LiveToLift mentioned.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
8 hour feeding window, 16 hour fasting is the most popular. I have used it with good results, although it wasn't optimal for me when i get 10%.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
8 hour feeding window, 16 hour fasting is the most popular. I have used it with good results, although it wasn't optimal for me when i get 10%.
I feel like im at that point it did wonders for me to get to 10% now im having a hard time getting any leaner is this what ur talkin about? If so any tips im starting to add 30-45 min cardio on my off days fasted in the morning this morning ran 4 miles and felt really tingly and focused which i have been reading alot about with leangains and fasted cardio it feels awesome!

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
I've done the 6-meals/day thing and am now doing IF. I greatly prefer IF for my schedule, and it allows me to eat bigger portions, which I like. I do a 18/6 split, and sometimes even a 20/4 split. Have you looked at the Leangains website?

David
Team APPNUT

Mkspillai

Awards
I've done the 6-meals/day thing and am now doing IF. I greatly prefer IF for my schedule, and it allows me to eat bigger portions, which I like. I do a 18/6 split, and sometimes even a 20/4 split. Have you looked at the Leangains website?

David
Team APPNUT
Just found the lean gain website.... I'm having a read through it... I'm trying to lose fat and wanna do 20/4 split.... One pre workout meal and 1 post workout meal... I train at night between 8-9.30 pm.. So wanna work around that.....

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Just found the lean gain website.... I'm having a read through it... I'm trying to lose fat and wanna do 20/4 split.... One pre workout meal and 1 post workout meal... I train at night between 8-9.30 pm.. So wanna work around that.....
I have a similar format and so Dar its been working although I agree after a certain BF% I'm switching back to regular meal times. Maybe do a 1/week 24hr. Don't push too much post workout, maybe 40/60% split with majority of the carbs post more protein before. Also not too close to bed time so insulin isn't surging trying to sleep. I wake up at night that way.

Mkspillai

Awards
I have a similar format and so Dar its been working although I agree after a certain BF% I'm switching back to regular meal times. Maybe do a 1/week 24hr. Don't push too much post workout, maybe 40/60% split with majority of the carbs post more protein before. Also not too close to bed time so insulin isn't surging trying to sleep. I wake up at night that way.
How long before bed time would you suggest the last meal should be??