Recomp on Hdrol [Calories, Macros, etc.]

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

Recomp on Hdrol [Calories, Macros, etc.]

Stats:
    ~14-15% body fat

I'm about to begin an Hdrol cycle and the main goal of this cycle is to perform a body recomp. I'm hoping to gain a respectable amount of size while lowering body fat and reducing weight around the mid section.

I currently try to follow a recomp diet plan and eat almost exactly the calories needed for my TDEE [3100].

So my confusion is basically around how many calories I should eat while on cycle. Do I eat the same amount of calories and 1.5x body weight for protein or should I increase my calories and protein consumption because I'll be on a cycle? Also considering carb cycling that revolves around high carbs for my 4-5 training days and then low carbs on the weekend when I'm not training. This is all new to me, so excuse my ignorance.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.58%

I'll start off saying I haven't done hdrol yet but plan first cycle start of 2013. I will be doing a recomp as well, so look into intermediate fasting (IF). On workout days go +20% over maintenance and rest days -20%. Higher carbs on workout days and lower on rest. High protein everyday. Others can chime in on what worked best for them on a recomp with PH.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

Quote Originally Posted by dallasboy22 View Post
    I'll start off saying I haven't done hdrol yet but plan first cycle start of 2013. I will be doing a recomp as well, so look into intermediate fasting (IF). On workout days go +20% over maintenance and rest days -20%. Higher carbs on workout days and lower on rest. High protein everyday. Others can chime in on what worked best for them on a recomp with PH.
    I run with the standard IF protocol throughout the year. To my understanding [and I may be completely wrong] but using a cycle of gear would increase my protein synthesis and make my body more able to process and utilize protein more frequently. This is why I wanted to try going back to the 5-6 times a day with eating.

I might be completely wrong with this assumption so I'd love anyone to chime in with some experience or studies.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fat Burner/Metabolizer while on Hdrol for Recomp?
    By SHSUStudent in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
  2. DHEA and effect on HPTA? (gonad hypotrophy, etc)
    By nti1094 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 02:34 AM
  3. Recomp on SD and Zol?
    By NYhomeboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 08:13 AM
  4. comment on this cycle,dosage etc
    By JonasDavidsson in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 07:47 AM