Cheap Chicken

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
How/ Where do you guys by your chicken and it is most affordable. I have bought everything from fresh chicken to microwave chicken. just wondering if anyone knows any cheap ways to buy chicken

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How/ Where do you guys by your chicken and it is most affordable. I have bought everything from fresh chicken to microwave chicken. just wondering if anyone knows any cheap ways to buy chicken
Walmart

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i only use bi-lo chicken tenderloins......

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
Go to walmart and get some chicken breasts, its pretty cheap. Less than 2 dollars a pound.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Meijer is somewhat cheap, idk if you have them there. Or SAMs club isn't too bad for a lot of chicken for a good price.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Harris teeter, 1.99/lb

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Thanks guys college kid on a budget haha

madseeker

madseeker

Awards
I did the best thing mast month , found a bulk supplier for chicken breast , beef , steak , he would sell it for me if i get 20 kgs of whatever i want ... So i get my chicken breast fressh ones and good quality for half price of costco :))) just need some space to store them and freeze them , the ones in costco the fresh ones are good but 30 bux for 8 breast just lasts 3 days max i fet that for 16 bux ;) pretty good deal , i recommend searching farms .. Wholesale suppliers and get a deal

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check to see if you have a restaurant depot around you. I pick up chicken there ranging from 1.46 to 1.20lb

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Microwave chicken?
Don't think I've seen that.
I know at Publix, they sell a whole cooked chicken for $7. Good for lunch.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Go to walmart and get some chicken breasts, its pretty cheap. Less than 2 dollars a pound.
This... My Walmart has boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.77lb all day every day.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wal mart chicken is the WORST! I have no idea how guys eat it! So many tendons, random bones and gristle... Ill pay $4 a pound before I shop at wal mart.

Again look into restaurant depot bro. Awesome chicken for cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Wal mart chicken is the WORST! I have no idea how guys eat it! So many tendons, random bones and gristle... Ill pay $4 a pound before I shop at wal mart.

Again look into restaurant depot bro. Awesome chicken for cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.
How much is a membership there? I saw they have one near me in Houston so I may check it out.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established

Ive never had that in my skinless boneless chicken breasts. Maybe the butcher that works at your walmart just sucks.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Costco sells a frozen bag of Perdue chicken. 40 4oz servings for 20$

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive never had that in my skinless boneless chicken breasts. Maybe the butcher that works at your walmart just sucks.
Yea all the different wal marts in the various cities and states I've shopped in have the same butcher...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Walmart chicken is fine. It comes from real chickens.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

napalm

napalm

Awards
10 lb bags of quarters for 6 bucks at walmart. i just cut up them into legs and thighs...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meh, no point in arguing. Wal mart chicken is cheap for a reason... Just saying.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Its expensive bro - free.99.
*Restaurant Depot is wholesale only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
*Restaurant Depot is wholesale only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization.
That's easy! I'm sure you know someone... I used my Fire departments.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Decided to go with 1.99 a pound at Wally world. The microwave chicken just had too much sodium

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
It'd be nice if anywhere sold 96/4 beef for less than 2 dollars a pound, haha

madseeker

madseeker

Awards
If you get the frozen ones from costco i really doubt its quality ... They have massive sodium and god knows what they did to make them heavier .. Inject some water ?

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
If you get the frozen ones from costco i really doubt its quality ... They have massive sodium and god knows what they did to make them heavier .. Inject some water ?
Sodium just isn't it for me right now. It really messes with my stomach. And as for makin them heavier it's just cause the water is frozen to the breasts I bet

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It'd be nice if anywhere sold 96/4 beef for less than 2 dollars a pound, haha
Do a google search for a local farmer and sometimes you can get beef for relatively close to that. You may have to butcher it yourself or take it to a butcher but its worth it in the long run.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to get grass fed beef until I found it was $7-12 for a lb of ground beef!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I know it is, but I just can't justify the expense yet. I'm looking forward to buying grass fed sides of beef somewhere down the road to lower the price and get different cuts.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
WTF? Not fair. I'm here lucky if I can find it for 3/lb. Organic is like 6