too many egg whites ???

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if there is a such thing as too many egg whites ? I consume roughly aroung 16-25 egg whites a day and 4 whole eggs. For breakfeast I eat 8 egg whites with 2 whole eggs and before bed i do the same. Sometimes I even eat 15 egg whites in one sitting before bed. I also mix cayenne pepper with my egg whites to give it flavor. Im getting ready for my first bodybuilding show and im currently in my cutting cycle. Is this going to hurt my cutting cycle eating this many eggs whites ?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Just wondering if there is a such thing as too many egg whites ? I consume roughly aroung 16-25 egg whites a day and 4 whole eggs. For breakfeast I eat 8 egg whites with 2 whole eggs and before bed i do the same. Sometimes I even eat 15 egg whites in one sitting before bed. I also mix cayenne pepper with my egg whites to give it flavor. Im getting ready for my first bodybuilding show and im currently in my cutting cycle. Is this going to hurt my cutting cycle eating this many eggs whites ?
As long as it all fits into your macros its fine.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
There is no such thing...
If egg whites are your preferable source of protein than eat them.
Just don't eat to much yolks.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is no such thing...
If egg whites are your preferable source of protein than eat them.
Just don't eat to much yolks.
The yolks are the best thing for you. Nearly all of the nutrients found naturally in eggs are found within the yolk. And if your argument is cholesterol, cholesterol found in eggs has actually been found to raise good (HDL) cholesterol and lower bad (LDL) cholesterol. Cholesterol is also used in testosterone production, which I doubt anyone on this site will tell u they don't want more test running through them. I will agree there is an extent that the yolks can become problematic to your macros, but the fear of egg yolks really needs to be addressed in the nutrition world.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
Right now 2 weeks out I'm eating 16 egg whites a day. Prior to that I was doing 11 for the past 8 weeks. They are a great source of protein, but I also recommend some meat protein and some whey isolate post workout protein.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Right now 2 weeks out I'm eating 16 egg whites a day. Prior to that I was doing 11 for the past 8 weeks. They are a great source of protein, but I also recommend some meat protein and some whey isolate post workout protein.
I hope you shop at Costco...

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
The yolks are the best thing for you. Nearly all of the nutrients found naturally in eggs are found within the yolk. And if your argument is cholesterol, cholesterol found in eggs has actually been found to raise good (HDL) cholesterol and lower bad (LDL) cholesterol. Cholesterol is also used in testosterone production, which I doubt anyone on this site will tell u they don't want more test running through them. I will agree there is an extent that the yolks can become problematic to your macros, but the fear of egg yolks really needs to be addressed in the nutrition world.
I think that everything in moderation is fine.. Yolks are ok.
I agree with your statements but you have to keep in mind that too much cholesterol can also be harmful.

stevenelson

Awards
It is clear that eggs are great source of protein but if people think that they need more eggs then they should definitely take them but doesn't mean that they should stick on them and they should consider the point of moderation in their eating habits . They also need to take other foods for the purpose of cutting as well . What do you think about it .

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
^^This... The Yolks are nutrient rich & has a positive effect on your cholesterol... Plus they are tasty...

JD

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I learned that egg whites were the gold standard u can eat as many as you want whenever you want.

Perfect bodybuilding food

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I learned that egg whites were the gold standard u can eat as many as you want whenever you want.

Perfect bodybuilding food
"gold standard"= magical food that transcends the laws of thermodynamics.
For the record, the answer to ALL "can I have too much of X" is ALWAYS yes, regardless of what X is. Moderation in all things.

CptKeithUSF

CptKeithUSF

Awards
The only consequence I've seen associated with excessive consumption of egg whites would be an abundance of avidin. Avidin is a biotin binding protein associated with raw egg whites though, because protein denaturation renders it inactive after subjected to heat. I can't think of any negative association with any other substance in egg whites, besides tons of sulfur gas and possible constipation, which can be dissipated by consuming an appropriate amount of fiber.

So if you start losing hair or your ass closes from non-use, you might want to cut back on the egg whites bruh D:

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The problem with only consuming egg whites is the lack of MICRO nutrients. Its always a good idea to vary your sources of proteins, cho, and fats to provide a wide range of different micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, anti-oxidants, etc.).

Egg whites really don't contain any beneficial micronutrients, so with the exception of providing a high quality source of protein, using them as your sole source of protein is not a smart idea. Look into chicken, fish, lean pork, etc. to provide some variety.

Br

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
The problem with only consuming egg whites is the lack of MICRO nutrients. Its always a good idea to vary your sources of proteins, cho, and fats to provide a wide range of different micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, anti-oxidants, etc.).

Egg whites really don't contain any beneficial micronutrients, so with the exception of providing a high quality source of protein, using them as your sole source of protein is not a smart idea. Look into chicken, fish, lean pork, etc. to provide some variety.

Br
It's a lesser topic of discussion sadly that micronutrients are easily overlooked. Id also like to point out the alkaline nature of the yolk can buffer inflammatory response from the egg whites. I try to keep a balance of 3:1 or 4:1 whites to yolk based on macros.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
I eat 10 egg whites every night with 2 tbsp. of different variations of peanut-butters mixed in. So delicious!

David
Team APPNUT

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I eat 10 egg whites every night with 2 tbsp. of different variations of peanut-butters mixed in. So delicious!

David
Team APPNUT
I got lazy - instead of cracking eggs I buy them in prepackaged cartons. Peanut butter huh? You're not the first ive heard them from.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I dont see why it would be a problem,

For some flavour, try scrambling 6 eggwhites in 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese, 1/3-1/2 a cup of salsa+ 1 teaspoon of powdered onion (powdered is convenient) and 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic + pepper. Add some turkey bacon or diced ham if you wish too. It tastes awsome!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Id like that mix. Gonna try it.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Id like that mix. Gonna try it.
Extra onion powder can be good too and some gourmet stock can be nice. Just dont use onion salt...its not so good if you use too much.
You could use chopped up onion too. I just prefer the texture of the powder in the eggs.