tired after breakfast

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Are you planning on getting tested for Hypoglycemia?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Are you planning on getting tested for Hypoglycemia?
    eventually.

I'm self employed. My wife has insurance. She had a ton of tests and a surgery and we still have to pay our share of that, so we are pretty tapped atm. I won't be able to get anything in for me into the budget until early next year.

From what I have read, my (potential) type would have me tested in a fasting state, eat, and test again when I feel bad so they can compare.
    •   

3. I gotcha.

Are you still lifting or doing any type of physical activity?? Why don't you post your diet for a few day's. I eventually corrected my issue over time but it took a complete lifestyle change to no longer be effected by Hypoglycemia. I hope your wife is feeling better!

4. Hello, you might want to change what you eat. Instead of eating cheese, butter, bread, you could switch to oats, fruit and juice. That'd definitely reduce your problem. Generally, your condition signifies that your body might not be getting enough sleep.Hope I helped

5. You can buy a testing kit.. I think I spent $20 on mine.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TerriFreeman View Post
    Hello, you might want to change what you eat. Instead of eating cheese, butter, bread, you could switch to oats, fruit and juice. That'd definitely reduce your problem. Generally, your condition signifies that your body might not be getting enough sleep.Hope I helped
    What's the difference between cheese, butter, bread and Oats, fruit and juice in regards to hypoglycemia?
    Just curious

7. I would still look into allergies after testing your glucose tolerance. I know I responded before about particular medications you could be on and the potential allergies. Have you given yourself a dairy free raw diet for at least seven days? You need to allow your body to fully get rid of whatever could be the culprit and then go another week just on a clean unprocessed and non dairy diet. You can assess what food trigger your symptoms easier this way by reintroducing them one at a time. Unexplained drowsiness is a rare symptom of a food allergy, so Id seriously check into that.
    For quick at home tests you can go to the drug store and get glycemic strips or even test your blood with the same tools used for at home diabetic care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

8. Updating:

Things I have learned from playing with my diet. Keto doesn't seem to help. I bought a few boxes of chopped sirloin (like Philly steak) and have been eating it with cheese. I still get tired.

I also tried 2 cinnamon/chromium picolinate capsules when I eat to see if I notice a change. Nothing.

I have also gone past breakfast....it seems I get tired after any time I eat....about an hour later and it last about 1-2 hours. It;s odd it I can be so tired I'm practically incapacitated then it is like someone flips a switch and I am fine.

I'm getting to where I dread eating because I know I won't be worth a damn afterwards....being a self employed artist and basically payed by the piece, it interferes with my money.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    Updating:

Things I have learned from playing with my diet. Keto doesn't seem to help. I bought a few boxes of chopped sirloin (like Philly steak) and have been eating it with cheese. I still get tired.

I also tried 2 cinnamon/chromium picolinate capsules when I eat to see if I notice a change. Nothing.

I have also gone past breakfast....it seems I get tired after any time I eat....about an hour later and it last about 1-2 hours. It;s odd it I can be so tired I'm practically incapacitated then it is like someone flips a switch and I am fine.

I'm getting to where I dread eating because I know I won't be worth a damn afterwards....being a self employed artist and basically payed by the piece, it interferes with my money.
    Okay bigrob...
    you are still eating cheese...
    I strongly suggest you clean your diet for at least a week or so, of absolutely no cheese, milk, dairy by products at all!!!
    Also, are you buying your meat unprocessed? You mentioned it was boxed and presliced? Just trying to get to the bottom of what could be the culprit to your lethargy... :-/ I am passed the assumption that it's a glucose intolerance and strictly concerned that you are overseeing what sounds to be a reaction to a food sensitivity or allergy. I hope Im not making you even more anxious, as I know these things can be pestering. But I want you to really consider the detox style diet. Let me see if I can find the article I read on food sensitivity and the symptoms people suffer until they eliminate the food from their diets completely. brb :-)

10. Here are a few helpful links that will go over some of what I've already discussed...
    www ehow.com/about_5191665_allergies-cause-fatigue_
    www ehow.com/how-does_5505473_causes-sudden-fatigue

This link is for inexpensive allergen testing you can do yourself without having to go to a doctor.
    www biadiagnostics dot com

This link will direct you to a provider or physician who can administer the test
    www alcat.com/alcattesting dot php

Keep me posted and good luck!

11. I'm surprised no one has mentioned digestive aids. I've had good luck with avoiding this post-meal zombie state by taking apple cider vinegar in water before meals, as well as badass digestive enzymes. My favorites are Now Foods Super Enzymes, because they contain Betaine HCl aka stomach acid. Might be worth a shot!

12. Give us an example of what you usually have for breakfast. Do you drink any sort of caffeine or sugary juice?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Feel really tired after lifting weights
    By bulk up man in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
  2. Feeling tired after waking up
    By Hope in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
  3. Tired after eating..
    By tubbednova in forum Nutrition / Health