Intermittent Fasting...

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Anyone heard of this type of fasting or better yet, has anyone done this type of fasting?

Intermittent fasting, (IF) if you're feeling trendy, has blitzkrieged the physique world. This dieting philosophy is saturated with strategies, all consisting of not eating for extended time periods--anywhere from fourteen to thirty-six hours. As crazy as it seems--and as far removed from conventional bodybuilding wisdom as it is--intermittent fasters are raving about their results. Claims include first rate fat loss and increased, intense focus.

During extended meal-free periods, your body needs a fuel source—and unless your body fat percentage *****s that of a pre-winter Walrus, your body is going to break down muscle protein for energy.

Sipping BCAAs every few hours while fasting provides the body with a readily available fuel source; sparing your precious and hard earned bulk. To meet this end, a good product to consider is Mega BCAA from ProSource because it contains a precise ratio of vastly superior, premium-grade aminos in clinically indicated dosages. ProSource's L-Leucine product is a great source of the most valuable BCAA, available in a 100% pure, high-potency form.

Would like to hear some feedback on this...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
yup many many threads about LG IF FWIW i am a huge fan of the set up, but it is not for everyone.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
I was thinking about trying to run it at least once

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
give it a shot for at least a month or two and see what you think. (same advice i would give for any routine or diet plan) :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
During extended meal-free periods, your body needs a fuel source—and unless your body fat percentage *****s that of a pre-winter Walrus, your body is going to break down muscle protein for energy.
there really isn't any evidence of this in nature. Your body has stored glycogen reserves equaling something over 2000 calories worth, your body easily is capable of releasing 40-50 calories an hour from fat stores as well. Yes, your body eventually will begin breaking down muscle protein for energy, but its not that fast or that significant.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
that middle bit sounds like an ad to sell BCAA's :)

as long as you are eating right during your feeding windows, there is no way you are going to be burning off muscle under any normal circumstances.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i was skeptical about IF then i tried it ans was amazed... I started carb cycling with it as well and i have been dumping about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week like clock work...

You will completely disconnect from food, its pretty cool...

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
i was skeptical about IF then i tried it ans was amazed... I started carb cycling with it as well and i have been dumping about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week like clock work...

You will completely disconnect from food, its pretty cool...
Thanks for the input man. I'm pretty much looking to drop some bf to start off with.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Started IF in June, will never look back.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't overcomplicate, try to keep your eating window start time consistent, don't beat yourself up horribly or try to extend a fast period longer if you blow it and one day's is shorter. even if you blow IF out entirely one day because where you work is having their employee appreciation breakfast, who cares? just return to IF the next day.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
don't overcomplicate, try to keep your eating window start time consistent, don't beat yourself up horribly or try to extend a fast period longer if you blow it and one day's is shorter. even if you blow IF out entirely one day because where you work is having their employee appreciation breakfast, who cares? just return to IF the next day.
Wisdom in this post.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Any tips you can give me?
You trying to lean out? Just follow the IF protocol, fast at least 16 hours a day and keep to your 8 hour feeding window. To burn extra fat my eating window is usually 4-5 hours and fast 18-20 hours. I add LISS cardio on offday empty stomach no BCAAS for LISS. Just a dose of some Yohimbine HCL. Higher carbs on train days low fat protein always high to preserve muscle(2.5g per kg bodyweight), Off days/Cardio Low carb higher fat.

Find your maintenance calories and eat +10%ish on training days and -30-35% ish on rest days and the fat will fall off.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
^

I agree with this. Don't obsess if you can't fast or eat at the same time some days, just keep it as regular as possible. Too many people think they are ****ed if they only fast like 12 hours one day or something. Just stay consistent and the fat will fall off.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
You trying to lean out? Just follow the IF protocol, fast at least 16 hours a day and keep to your 8 hour feeding window. To burn extra fat my eating window is usually 4-5 hours and fast 18-20 hours. I add LISS cardio on offday empty stomach no BCAAS for LISS. Just a dose of some Yohimbine HCL. Higher carbs on train days low fat protein always high to preserve muscle(2.5g per kg bodyweight), Off days/Cardio Low carb higher fat.

Find your maintenance calories and eat +10%ish on training days and -30-35% ish on rest days and the fat will fall off.
Yes, trying to lean out.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been on IF for about 7 weeks now. Takes some time getting used to it. It took me a little over 2 weeks for my body to adjust. From there I split my macros into 3 meals during my feeding window. Seems to work for me and doesn't leave me feeling bloated. Lots on here have had success on IF. Try it out and see if it's for you. :)

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
I've been on IF for about 7 weeks now. Takes some time getting used to it. It took me a little over 2 weeks for my body to adjust. From there I split my macros into 3 meals during my feeding window. Seems to work for me and doesn't leave me feeling bloated. Lots on here have had success on IF. Try it out and see if it's for you. :)
I will try it and thanks for your input!

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
When i started it i was already carb cycling (not alot of carbs on now weight days). I slowly extended my fast by a couple hours each day over the first week till i got to 12-8.

i am really carb sensitive but i would recommend add that too after your comfy with your windows...