Lean gains IF help

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Currently doing lean gains 20/20 split to recomp I weigh about 210 16%bf and goal is to drop to 11 or 12 while gaining strength. I was having issues as far as protein macro. I've always eaten around 310-320 pro a day. Lean gains has me doing 3xkg bw. That's around 280-285 if I'm right. Is that gonna hinder my strength gains? I'm training on a 3 day split of 5/3/1 with the BBB assistance what should I do? Keep te higher numbers or go by the leangains book so to speak.

TaNkD Up

Awards
Yeah usually 1.5 g per pound is my recommendation anything else is overkill IMO

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah usually 1.5 g per pound is my recommendation anything else is overkill IMO
Agree. Now do you do 1.5g per lbm or 1.5g for total weight? Just curious..

Sirsh

Sirsh

Awards
Go for 1.5g/lb at a maximum whilst cutting. I've been doing IF for the past 5 weeks and I've been sticking too approximately 220-260g protein per day and making strength gains whilst doing a RPT routine.

Titration

Awards
Just try to hit 1 gram per pound of LBM. On a cut I may make it a bit higher, but that's purely for satiety reasons.

vassille

Awards
Point is that you dont want to use protein as a energy source because it has 2 carbon and one nitrogen. As the carbon is used for ATP the nitrogen is not and is quite toxic to the body. With that being said in your case 250g of protein should be more than enough to mantain you lean body mass.
If the diet doesnt work as expected then
1. check total calories
2. other factors are hindering your progress.