My bodyfat

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
I am sorry if i offend any of you since i posted about this twice. I would greatly appreciate advice on what you all think my bodyfat is! I can post other pictures if need! Thanks everybody!

image-280619187.jpg

image-3820148321.jpg

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
You look lean but have no abs, kinda strange. Probably around 12%.

engann

Awards
I think somewherr between 15% or higher.
Might be lower just that your fats storage sits ard your waist n hip bone.everyone is different.
U need to be at least 11-12% in order for abs to be visible.

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
You look lean but have no abs, kinda strange. Probably around 12%.
Thank you for your reply. I dont ever do abs, I feel them to be a waste. I do not worry about beach muscles. I do 5/3/1.

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
I think somewherr between 15% or higher.
Might be lower just that your fats storage sits ard your waist n hip bone.everyone is different.
U need to be at least 11-12% in order for abs to be visible.
thanks for the reply. Would any other picture help you like legs or back

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your reply. I dont ever do abs, I feel them to be a waste. I do not worry about beach muscles. I do 5/3/1.
Doing abs are still necessary though, even if you don't do them for "beach muscles." Without doing so your squat and deadlift will suffer since you use your core as a stabilizer. If your core isn't up to par with everything else then you're not going to be able to use as much weight as you should. It will also reduce the chance of injury because when you squat and your core is weak it'll transfer the rest of the weight to your lower back.

badaz10

Awards
dont you workout your abs ? you can check my signature . take a look at the website and you will get the answer you need . gud luck bro

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
This made me lol. Not trying to be d-bag but why do you care your bf % if not worried about " beach muscles"
oh and I'd say in the 13-14% range

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
This made me lol. Not trying to be d-bag but why do you care your bf % if not worried about " beach muscles"
oh and I'd say in the 13-14% range
It because throughtout my research into the understanding of the complexity of lifting. I discovered that most effective bulks stay within the 15%, rarelt exceeding the 18% range. I am not fully confident in my calipers i bought. So i believed finding my bodyfat with different methods and taking the average would thus lower my error and lead me to a proper number! No way i glady take all responses, Thank you

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would say 15% or so as well.

I NEVER train abs directly either. Heavy squats, DL, yadda yadda. I don't have the patience for abs...lol

The most direct ab work I get is when I am sitting on the sofa eating ice cream, or doughnuts or something, and my wife comes by with the vacuum and I have to lift my legs/feet up, so she can get under me. That or I read something funny and laugh real hard.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say you're around 15%.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking between 12-15. A little of it might be excess water weight.

I never train abs directly. Maybe once a month. When you lift heavy, they're worked continually as stabilizers.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A strong core will help transfer power from your feet to your arms and help you lift better; not to mention it provides a strong base.

Other people smash their cores with indirect work; but you do need them for power transfer (a strong core, they dont need to be visible to work)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^ This.

When leaning out for ompetition I'll do more abs to keep them strong as the resistance drops eslewhere. Getting visible abs is more about diet than training them.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I do 5/3/1 too..and thinking you need no core developing directly is a mistake IMO. Abs play a great role in squats, front squats and helping keep balance and proper back alignment for deadlifts. It's a muscle that is highly overlooked (Rectus Abdominals) but it is highly useful.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I do 5/3/1 too..and thinking you need no core developing directly is a mistake IMO. Abs play a great role in squats, front squats and helping keep balance and proper back alignment for deadlifts. It's a muscle that is highly overlooked (Rectus Abdominals) but it is highly useful.
I have a more DC mentality towards high resistance training. I see big lifts using core (i.e. deadlifts, squats, standing overhead, rows) as sufficient. In a hypercaloric state I try not to do a lot of ab work as to prevent too much growth to that region (I want my taper) plus I look like im pregnant when I do. When cutting down I'll have an ab circuit and it becomes more frequent as I lean out.

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
You look a lot leaner in that last pic, I'd say about 11-12%. But in all honesty mate, you really ought to train your abs, in the same way you ought to train every major muscle group mostly for overall aesthetic. No offense, but with no abs and a that little bit of baby-fat you barely look like you workout at all to be honest, more that you just have a decent diet regiment and don't eat any crap.

By the way, how old are you? I can't really tell 'cause you have the phone covering your face but I'd reckon you 're no mroe than 16, so now would be a great time to start training more correctly.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
any feedback! updated pic

View attachment 65928
14%~ and little muscle mass.
You look a lot leaner in that last pic, I'd say about 11-12%. But in all honesty mate, you really ought to train your abs, in the same way you ought to train every major muscle group mostly for overall aesthetic. No offense, but with no abs and a that little bit of baby-fat you barely look like you workout at all to be honest, more that you just have a decent diet regiment and don't eat any crap.

By the way, how old are you? I can't really tell 'cause you have the phone covering your face but I'd reckon you 're no mroe than 16, so now would be a great time to start training more correctly.
He says he is not interested in "beach muscles" and he gets all the core workout from Big Compounds, which can be true, yet I believe direct core training is best.
I still don't understand what's his fascination with body fat % if he doesn't want "beach muscles" , he could just plain out bulk up a lot, get more mass and more leverage and not care about being around 15-20%...Yet the contradictions of a teenager, who says he doesn't care about aesthetics, are quite intriguing :D.

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
I read the comment about 'beach muscles' but I personally don't consider abs to be beach muscles, I think they 're just as important as any other muscle group as most people have already mentioned, they are key stabilizers. I personally doubt I'd be able to push out the last 2-3 reps in squats and lat pull-ups if I didn't have strong abs to help my form and keep me from heaving from side-to-side whilst struggling to complete a set.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I read the comment about 'beach muscles' but I personally don't consider abs to be beach muscles, I think they 're just as important as any other muscle group as most people have already mentioned, they are key stabilizers. I personally doubt I'd be able to push out the last 2-3 reps in squats and lat pull-ups if I didn't have strong abs to help my form and keep me from heaving from side-to-side whilst struggling to complete a set.
Nobody believes me when I tell them I end up a bit sore from my abdominals when I finish a set of proper form, full ROM Pull-Ups or Chin-Ups...But as you point out they are helpful in this motion so you are not doing a sort of "Kipping Pull" by keeping the core and lower body stationary.

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
Thank you all for your replys and thoughts, I really appreciate it! First off let me give you guys my backround. I appologize for not doing this earlier. I am 5ft 9in. My maxes from the my last day of lifting(i had my 38year old powerlifting comp winner gym mate make sure i was using proper form so when i say deadlifting its deadlift not straight legg deadlift most fools my age use) I benched 275, squated 405 and deadlifted 435. I am 17years old going in my senior year of soccer. I was about 189lbs beginging of soccer and now im 180.
by 14%- little muscle mass what do you mean bud?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thank you all for your replys and thoughts, I really appreciate it! First off let me give you guys my backround. I appologize for not doing this earlier. I am 5ft 9in. My maxes from the my last day of lifting(i had my 38year old powerlifting comp winner gym mate make sure i was using proper form so when i say deadlifting its deadlift not straight legg deadlift most fools my age use) I benched 275, squated 405 and deadlifted 435. I am 17years old going in my senior year of soccer. I was about 189lbs beginging of soccer and now im 180.
by 14%- little muscle mass what do you mean bud?
That you are strong but you do not look big or huge for how much you weight or lift. You must be pretty dense at least, but you do not have any signs of hypertrophy or huge mass increments, which can be good if you are strong that way for competitions, thus you can rank in a lower weight class I guess. Good lifts and sad choice of sport (just my opinion, I have no respect or liking of soccer...I prefer football). You should consider football though, you could do so well if those lifts and strength are real (not doubting you, just saying).

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
That you are strong but you do not look big or huge for how much you weight or lift. You must be pretty dense at least, but you do not have any signs of hypertrophy or huge mass increments, which can be good if you are strong that way for competitions, thus you can rank in a lower weight class I guess. Good lifts and sad choice of sport (just my opinion, I have no respect or liking of soccer...I prefer football). You should consider football though, you could do so well if those lifts and strength are real (not doubting you, just saying).
Thanks for the reply. I can not play football do to a medical reason. I do carry most of my weight in my legs, since i started lifting at 13( for football, i found out i couldnt play at 15) all i did was legs. What do you recondmend for workouts during ny season to allow me to improve even ever so slightly

ps supps- protein, multi, fish oils